Female-only "low" turn counts

blogger

The Rex Hasta still does more damage with higher hit, use that instead of the Uber Spear. You might want to burn uber spear uses when you actually need 1-2 range You won't need the Rex Hasta for anything ever.

And I forgot that bit about the Member card.

I went back and did the calculations again, and I think I have a problem. According to the items page, the Dragon's Flametongue gives +20 DEF on top of its 20 base DEF. Florina has a 23 STR cap and the Rex Hasta has 21 MT, yielding... 4 damage. An A support with Lyn brings this up to 7 damage. Adding Filia's Might on top of that gets me to 17 damage. Triangle Attack triples that for 51 + 17 damage in a single round. There's no way I'm going to fish another 52 damage out of thin air.

Edited by blogger

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you can survive a turn and manage your items properly you can pass the rex hasta around to the other two pegs and triangle attack three times

(don't ask me how to get hte other two pegs to max str)

moogleboss is espinosa on this forum

you can 4-turn chapter 14 even in 0% growths. i'm currently working on a revision and i managed to do it. you do have to rig a little bit in order for marcus to not die; he either needs to dodge a few attacks or erik's horseslayer once.

EDIT: also you technically can't use filla's might for the dragon because nils, as effeminate as he is, is a guy. you can try using lyn; she has 48 MT with maxed str with up to +3 MT from A florina, and 35 crit on the dragon. with just a B florina support, i guess you can try getting her to quad crit over 2 turns. alternatively, if you are using filla's might, a double crit works too.

this also cuts out the need for the triangle attack, which means that you can skip farina in chapter 25.

EDIT 2: i did not see the nils clause. carry on, then. i still think lyn is your best bet.

EDIT 3: you can get the chapter 20 guiding ring as long as you recruit legault. he should have pilfered it as an enemy by the time you can get to him.

Edited by dondon151

You might want to consider using Lucius, because he probably can be considered a girl. He might as well cut off his penis.

Also, you probably should go back and do Ch14 in 4 turns.

FE9 is probably the best game for female only LTCs. My first LTC was FE9 female only, and I think I got around 155 turns. There's a lot of potential for improvement there.

Edited by Chiki

moogleboss is espinosa on this forum

you can 4-turn chapter 14 even in 0% growths. i'm currently working on a revision and i managed to do it. you do have to rig a little bit in order for marcus to not die; he either needs to dodge a few attacks or erik's horseslayer once.

Also, you probably should go back and do Ch14 in 4 turns.

Is there a video or guide on how to do this? The MoogleBoss video I followed appeared to rely on Lowen doubling and ORKOing some enemies, which isn't happening unless I go back to C13 to rig levels. There's a finite amount of effort I'm willing to expend on something that's not even part of the run.

Regarding some other points:

• Lyn: A double critical from Lyn looks like it would work. I didn't realize the Sol Katti was effective against dragons.
  • Lucius: I was going to make a joke about his gender, but I lost the screenshots from his joining chapter. What does he do that makes him worth breaking rules?
  • C20: It is good to know that I can get the Guiding Ring. Maybe I can get away with 3 Falcoknights now.
Edited by blogger

OK. I went back and got that 4-turn clear of C14. Things did not go as planned and Marcus had to kill 3 bandits (in mountains) with a Javelin. I had to manipulate multiple criticals to allow my not-so-awesome Eliwood/Dorcas/Bartre/Oswin to get past the soldiers on turn 2.

Updated stats for Rebecca, Serra, and Priscilla:

fireemblemu_032auk9.pngfireemblemu_02i0usg.pngfireemblemu_01dkue5.png

Serra sure likes to get killed.

Dat Florina and Lyn o_o. I dont think Ive ever seen abuse on this scale ;/

What about my Tier1Run?

BTW I factory reset all of my technology and plan on restarting Tier1 HHM

After many frustrating resets and save state loads, I have completed C16. Lyn, the "Noble Lady of Caelin", still has zero durability at level 10 and is frequently killed on turn 2 by the pegasus knights. Florina proves her worth as flying Marcus, killing every enemy on the left side of the map, despite taking arrows and ballistas to the face. However, as godly as Florina is, even she is unable to solo the map with Hector on her back, so I have to wait for her to clear the map before moving Hector.

C16: 9 / 88 turns

fireemblemu_01jcsx8.png

I see that the game does not appreciate my tactical expertise.

fireemblemu_02jyszj.png

No, you're not. You're clearly on the left side of the map.

fireemblemu_03sjs0w.png

Manipulating for level ups on enemy phase takes ages. You better show some results to justify my effort, Flo.

fireemblemu_06s3uuz.png

Have to heal my goddess.

fireemblemu_07dvuo3.png

Since she's getting close to her STR cap, it's time to work on that DEF.

fireemblemu_08n2uot.png

Marcus 2.0.

It might be possible to achieve a lower turn count if I allow Hector to take hits and let Sain/Kent die. I appear to have failed miserably on the Lyn mode funds rank, as Lyn joined with a worthless Red Gem.

Edited by blogger

I might need to do some rethinking of the rules. Not allowing Hector to fight adds several turns again to C17, where I need to kill several archers to stop them from poking Hector. My final turn count of 11 could definitely use some optimization.

C17: 11 / 99 turns

fireemblemu_0196ucv.png
Conveniently, you're also the only one with the rare ability to sit in a chair.

fireemblemu_02k2spa.png
Is this different from what he says if you recruit him in C13x?

fireemblemu_03q3sz7.png
Isadora and her 3 CON are totally going to miss these.

fireemblemu_04ces1m.png
Definitely not female.

fireemblemu_06pys4g.png
Game plan: Florina kills 3 of the archers and gains both STR and DEF. Rebecca dodges the western archer.

fireemblemu_073mu2u.pngfireemblemu_08x5u8t.png
Plan succeeded. I've already lost 3 turns by this point.

fireemblemu_09dnuz9.png
Sadly, it seems I'll need her after all.

fireemblemu_10b2uee.png
C support obtained.

fireemblemu_11s3slo.png
Oh well.

fireemblemu_12wns4p.png
Almost there.

fireemblemu_14vvuyu.png
Last turn.

fireemblemu_15hsuf8.png
Uber Spear acquisition plan is in motion.

Does anyone have any advice on how to speed this up? I suppose by benching Rebecca, Serra, and Priscilla, I will no longer need to worry about useless units getting killed, but Florina is still too slow to double nomads (CON system hates females).

Edited by blogger

I'd keep trying to use Rebecca, if only for helping route enemies in the final chapter lol. You won't have enough units with good enough stats, and she's capable of getting them,

Edited by General Horace

If anything, having a decent Bow user makes shooting down wyverns easier, until Louise arrives. She is pretty dodgetanky, and having Silver Bows and the early Brave Bow might make her worth training a little more at least than not.

Maybe have Florina kill things with Javelin to clear the way for Hector, and have Marcus carry Hector, drop him then let Florina take him. This is a loophole in your clause:

Draft clause: Male units can not enter battles, interact with female units, break walls, steal items, open doors, or lure enemies
Edited by Chiki

Maybe have Florina kill things with Javelin to clear the way for Hector, and have Marcus carry Hector, drop him then let Florina take him. This is a loophole in your clause:

This was a very intriguing idea, so I went ahead and retried C17 with Marcus (C16 is a lost cause). Unfortunately, the bottleneck was still in Florina clearing the middle hallway of nomads. I noticed in the normal LTC run that Marcus and Sain pass the hallway before the nomads begin moving, but Florina can not accomplish the same feat given the need to clear the archers in the starting area. The draft clause sadly prevents Marcus from exercising his MOV advantage over Priscilla, as unarmed units seem to draw enemies like flies.

In the end, with Marcus deployed in C17, I got the same 11 turn count. I had hoped for a 10 turn finish, but a thief managed to block the upper corridor. On the bright side, Priscilla died less often and managed to get more staff exp.

Causes of inefficiency:

• I need to kill the starting archers. This costs 2 turns.
  • Florina gets stuck trying to get past some nomads. This costs 1-2 turns.
  • Raven blocks the rescue convoy. This costs 0-1 turns.
  • Enemy thief blocks the rescue convoy. This costs 1 turn.
Edited by blogger

are you sure you need to clear the archers? florina has a lot of avo and i think two of them have steel bows, which means they really shouldn't be able to hit her. you can probably blow past them and have rebecca enemy phase them for some EXP.

are you sure you need to clear the archers? florina has a lot of avo and i think two of them have steel bows, which means they really shouldn't be able to hit her. you can probably blow past them and have rebecca enemy phase them for some EXP.

I'm not concerned about Florina. The problem is that if she runs past the archers, they will target whoever is carrying Hector. Priscilla can not survive more than one arrow hit, and Marcus is not allowed to take hits. I can leave Rebecca and Lyn to clear the archers out, but this takes longer than having Florina do it. On which note, at the beginning of the chapter, Rebecca is 2HKOd by archers and faces >60% displayed hit.

I will take a closer look to see if clever positioning can let Marcus sneak past the archers. My concern is that the nomad coming down from the north will snipe him.

Edit: Perhaps if I gave Marcus a Javelin, then the enemies would be less inclined to target him? Florina is technically lower level right now.

Edited by blogger

If marcus could counter, they'd probably go after Florina. If Flo had a Javelin on...yea, still probably.

If marcus could counter, they'd probably go after Florina. If Flo had a Javelin on...yea, still probably.

I think archers might even have special priority for flying units.

Equipped Marcus could conceivably actually save turns. However, I am a bit hesitant to do this, as it leads to a slippery slope. The spirit of the draft clause is that male units should not affect battle outcomes, but one could end up in a scenario where Marcus is preventing the AI from targeting its preferred unit, even though Marcus himself never enters battle. The obvious example is if Marcus and Florina are forming a wall with Serra on the opposite side. Even though the enemy targets Florina instead of Marcus, Marcus's presence has distorted the enemy behavior.

Edited by blogger

I don't think it matters much since you already used male units a lot.

Nils dancing affects battle outcomes

Nils is a female unit for the purposes of this run though. You both make good points, so I'll consider adding a "lord clause" that lets Hector tank hits for seizing purposes. On the other hand, I anticipate my seizing problems to go away (hopefully) when I get Ninian, since I can do a drop->dance->seize combo.

Maybe I should just hack and make Lyn the lord or something. Hector is making this run boring.

Edited by blogger

My previous failure in C17 has rewarded me with an extra Mine, saving a turn on C18 and allowing me to get an early Elysian Whip! This is extremely fortunate, as Florina has now reached her STR, SKL, and SPD caps.

C18: 2 / 101 turns

fireemblemu_01enl9d.png

Your unmounted 5 MOV says otherwise.

fireemblemu_02kasm7.png

Too bad she decides to be dead weight for the next 3 chapters.

fireemblemu_03jus72.png

I'm never going to need this.

fireemblemu_07zyj7f.png

Lyn bought Javelins on the previous turn, so she couldn't get more Mend staves.

fireemblemu_05y9k5x.png

But if the enemy's inventory is full, he can send items to Merlinus.

fireemblemu_04eskdy.png

I wonder what happens if I have the enemy use a promotion item.

fireemblemu_08voogn.png

Time to finish up by having everybody commit suicide.

fireemblemu_09ujrmw.pngfireemblemu_10tqp9n.png

Don't know how to fight? Have you seen these stats?

By the way, how am I supposed to get that Lyn x Florina A support? According to the data page, it takes 40 turns to build.

Edited by blogger

you have 11 free turns in chapter 26, 15 turns in Jaffar's chapter, and 11 more in Denning's chapter, and 5 more in Battle preparations.

there's 42 turns

obviously they wont be together the whole time but its not really too hard.

you have 11 free turns in chapter 26, 15 turns in Jaffar's chapter, and 11 more in Denning's chapter, and 5 more in Battle preparations.

there's 42 turns

obviously they wont be together the whole time but its not really too hard.

Do units continue to build support points even if they already performed a support conversation in a chapter? I knew the answer at some point, but I am unable to locate the information currently.

C19 is brutal, as reinforcements attack the starting position from three fronts and none of my units are capable of tanking hits. A 3-turn clear is possible if Fiora is not recruited, which requires Florina to stay near the starting position. A Javelin critical (<10%) on the boss could have saved a turn.

• Turn 1: Florina heads south to kill the oncoming nomads and cavaliers. Lyn heads east to slow down the pirates and pegasus knights.
  • Turn 2: Florina heads back to kill the pirates and nomads on the small island. Rebecca heads towards Florina to draw the pegasus knights.
  • Turn 3: Fiora appears and attacks a pegasus knight near Rebecca. Florina recruits Fiora and starts heading towards Uhai.
  • Turn 4: Everyone turtles as Florina continues towards Uhai.
  • Turn 5: Florina reaches Uhai but can not see him due to fog. A enemy nomad blocks her from engaging him at 1-range.
  • Turn 6: Florina kills Uhai.

We'll see if Fiora makes any difference when trying to seize the throne next chapter. I think I'm going to need a second combat unit, so I'll try and shuffle EXP to her where possible.

Edited by blogger