K-Pop? J-Pop? Something else?

Music~! What do you listen to the most?!  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Make your tastes known!

• K-Pop (Boybandsgirlgroupsboybandsgroup)
    • J-Pop (Byoodiful NIHONGO)
    • Anime music~ =3
    • Video Game OSTs~
    • [size=1][s]*coughfilthycough*[/s][/size] American music.
    • I don't listen to freakin' J-Pop, you damn weaboos; I listen to music of my own country. #nationalism
    • [s]I'm a sub-human, despicable being who has no taste and doesn't listen to music at all. (Disclaimer: Not directed towards those who don't listen to music)[/s]
    • Some other compilation of weird soun- I mean, "Other Music"

So I was just listening to some Anime music and K-Pop earlier.

And I was wondering what other people listen to.

I tend to listen to... Anime music, video game OSTs, and K-Pop.

And occasionally American Pop.

...Occasionally...

If you listen to a specific kind of music, do tell~!

You can post it to show the rest of us what it's like!

EDIT: Maybe I should have put this on the "General" board...

Edited by Fruity Insanity

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dadrock

70s/80s rock/pop, specifically

and then a lot of soundtracks for movies and musicals and shit, and then some game OSTs.

Would probably listen to more "anime music"/J-Pop/K-Pop if I was less lazy about actually finding/getting new music.

Edited by Euklyd

K-pop(sometimes) and VGM as my main and preferred type.

When I'm listening to K-pop, don't fuck with my Soshi flow.

Edited by Soledai

there's already a music thread in general lol

i fuck with k-pop occasionally since a friend loves it so he just links me stuff, but i really can't enjoy music that much if it's straight up just another language nowdays, idk if it counts but when the whole indie band movement in j-pop became popular I was kinda into it

mainly listen to hip-hop/prog rock/western-pop nowdays but used to dabble in a whole bunch of other stuff

I cant listen to video game music outside of video games where they belong

i'm sorta jealous of the amount of theatrics put into k-pop

Edited by Alb

I'm not into K- or J-pop, but as far as Asian music goes, I love Melt-Banana and Boredoms. Japan had some good punk bands back in the day too; The Stalin and Inu come to mind.

Metal is probably my favorite genre, but I'm way too picky about it to consider myself a metalhead. My favorite bands and singers scream a lot, I hope their throats are okay.

My brother's gotten me into rap/hip-hop the last couple months, which is new for me.

I try to appreciate everything.

Edited by BuddyBoy

I looove k-pop and I have found a few stellar Japanese artists

I listen to a lot of pop and dance music in general. There's definitely more to my library, but I'd hazard a guess that those two keywords dominate my list. 8'D

also wow rude af about american music ಠ_ಠ

Edited by Specta

people who look down upon mainstream western music are music elitists and usually very rude

nicki minaj is a queen

also i love kpop like lots thank you rae

definitely the video game music...if not then melodic metal. i occasionally find anime theme songs that i really like, or silly teen pop stuff like one direction. it's been a while since i've listened to one direction though. seems like all they ever make these days are mellow adult-alternative kinda stuff

Edited by xXHeartbreakXx

I don't listen to freakin' J-Pop, you damn weaboos; I listen to music of my own country. #nationalism

I listen to music of my own country, but not exclusively - I guess I shouldn't vote this option then?

I guess it's british/american > #nationalism > j-pop > vg osts > anime music

(in case of the first two it's not limited to a genre)

Edited by Assurhaddon

also wow rude af about american music ಠ_ಠ

people who look down upon mainstream western music are music elitists and usually very rude

But it was more of a joke. :<

I listen to music of my own country, but not exclusively - I guess I shouldn't vote this option then?

I guess it's british/american > #nationalism > j-pop > vg osts > anime music

(in case of the first two it's not limited to a genre)

I... thought I made it possible to vote with multiple choices...

I dislike a lot of k-pop. Hell, I dislike a lot of pop in general

I like rock and it's branches, but I'll listen to anything that sounds good to me and there are always exceptions even in stuff I don't generally like

I used to listen to k-pop, then I realized that most of the songs are pretty much the same. At least, anime songs have variety with all kinds of songs. I am now in hooked with rock, mostly Iron Maiden and Rammstein.

Edited by Char

I used to listen to k-pop, then I realized that most of the songs are pretty much the same. At least, anime songs have variety with all kinds of songs.

post of the year imo

nicki minaj is a queen

also i love kpop like lots thank you rae

People don't look down upon mainstream western music. People look down upon today's mainstream western music.

There is a very distinct difference between what is produced today and what once was.

People don't look down upon mainstream western music. People look down upon today's mainstream western music.

There is a very distinct difference between what is produced today and what once was.

shitty pop music has been around as long as pop music has. only the greats are remembered and passed on, and the rest of the mediocre music of the time is mostly forgotten. take billboard's hottest songs for the 60's in the usa, and tell me how many names you recognise. this is an awful biased view.

oh also I don't really listen to jpop or actively seek it out or anything, but I do enjoy several of the ones introduced to me through anime though the ones I tend to like aren't pop, per se. Like, I enjoy AKFG a lot (they're also fuckin everywhere) and they're a j-rock group. For me it depends on the individual song, really.

I guess those would count as anime music?

I also don't have much exposure to kpop but the majority of the kpop songs that I've heard don't suit my tastes at all, lol. [/is Korean] I dunno how to explain it, but they tend to be really upbeat and dance-like? Sorta. I'm not really a happy dancy bubblegum person. If someone wants to link me to some good kpop, I'm totally open to suggestions though.

(Also @OP, by jpop and kpop do you mean all Japanese and Korean music or literally jpop and kpop? Because there are so many genres within them just like anything else. For example, I love some Korean ballads but not kpop. Everything I like can basically be classified under "Other" if you go with the latter.)

Edited by Ciarre