K-Pop? J-Pop? Something else?

Music~! What do you listen to the most?!  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Make your tastes known!

• K-Pop (Boybandsgirlgroupsboybandsgroup)
    • J-Pop (Byoodiful NIHONGO)
    • Anime music~ =3
    • Video Game OSTs~
    • [size=1][s]*coughfilthycough*[/s][/size] American music.
    • I don't listen to freakin' J-Pop, you damn weaboos; I listen to music of my own country. #nationalism
    • [s]I'm a sub-human, despicable being who has no taste and doesn't listen to music at all. (Disclaimer: Not directed towards those who don't listen to music)[/s]
    • Some other compilation of weird soun- I mean, "Other Music"

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like some k-pop. Certain songs by certain bands are good and I find myself listening to them occasionally. But as a whole k-pop, j-pop, and pop in general is not really my thing. I'm more of a rock person. I'd listen to k-rock if I knew where to find it.

boron knows what's up

I like some k-pop. Certain songs by certain bands are good and I find myself listening to them occasionally. But as a whole k-pop, j-pop, and pop in general is not really my thing. I'm more of a rock person. I'd listen to k-rock if I knew where to find it.

LEDapple, cnblue, and trax are pretty mainstream

People don't look down upon mainstream western music. People look down upon today's mainstream western music.

There is a very distinct difference between what is produced today and what once was.

idk if you're gonna say "wow teenagers today have NO TASTE and their music SUCKS listen to REAL music" I will look down on you, you don't have to like it but when you hate on other peoples music preferences you are Certified Trash IMO

Music waifus, huh?

hmm

do i have to start another war on waifus when will my calling end

shitty pop music has been around as long as pop music has. only the greats are remembered and passed on, and the rest of the mediocre music of the time is mostly forgotten. take billboard's hottest songs for the 60's in the usa, and tell me how many names you recognise. this is an awful biased view.

Not really. I don't see how placing on the "hottest songs" itself is an indication of who was (or is) the most popular at the time. You can't honestly be arguing that Toni Basil charting put her on the same level as The Beatles, or that anyone is more of an icon than Bob Dylan because he never topped the charts. I don't personally think music is worse today, but I do think that what is popular has changed, and that the "shitty music" that used to make one-hit wonders is now making stars instead. Also, I think one of the major factors in their division is the emphasis put on "entertainment" and who can look or act the craziest as time passed.

That type of music has a place as well. Even the best artists from back then used to produce songs like that (Twist and Shout anyone? lol), but they didn't build a career out of them or become known for them. I can't say I blame the more vocal people when they say they dislike that that's what is at the forefront of the industry now, because I'm not a fan myself.

So my opinion essentially is that music is still good, but you aren't going to find the same substance as you would from the 60s for example if all you do is look at who the most popular (aka mainstream) artists are. You have to dig to find the same or similar appeal a lot of the time, and the people who think music today sucks just can't be bothered to look past what they see in front of them.

idk if you're gonna say "wow teenagers today have NO TASTE and their music SUCKS listen to REAL music" I will look down on you, you don't have to like it but when you hate on other peoples music preferences you are Certified Trash IMO

So it's okay to say you like something, but not for someone who doesn't to say they don't?

And even further, it's okay for you to say that you're going to look down on somebody for believing that way and call them trash, but not okay for them to think teenagers don't have taste because they believe popular music today is worse than it was in the previous generations.

You should consider adding an additional "think" stage before thinking to think about what you're about to think, and then post.

Edited by Tangerine

Er. . .TRANCE!

I like whatever catches my fancy, but it's usually instrumental, has a good melodic line, and isn't dubstep.

I think that a lot of people voted VGM and [something else] and just the [something else] is more spread out.

I do wonder if anyone did actually vote for only VGM.

some guy called Saffron did and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't alone

Edited by Parrhesia