Rutger or Fir?

Rutger or Fir?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Vote and why?

• Rutger
    • Fir

You can just SAVE the Hero Crest. Ever think of that? I mean, who is promoting Rutger as soon as they get the Crest? He's not likely to be anywhere near 20 by then.

You get another Hero Crest way later in the game. Why can't I save that instead of the first one?. It won't do anything wrong with my Fund at all since its around the first Chapter. Also, the first Hero Crest should definitely go to Rutger, if not him then Dieck of course. Certainly not Oujay because he sucks since he comes underleveled. And you should plan your promotion ahead thats the important part when it comes to playing rank runs. If you save that Hero Crest. Then you'll be in a huge disadvantage anyways. So why would you save it?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read above post. Who's promoting Rutger that early?

Yeah, Dieck wants it much more.

By the way, I'll go for Rutgar, support goodness and more meat to him. Fir is pretty nice as well, just not as much.

Of course Fir might not reach @ Lv. 20/20 by the time you recruit Rutger. Even if they're both Lv. 20/20 SM Rutger still owns. Of course Rutger has really good support options with Dieck, Clarine[sarcasm/], or Fir[Double Sarcasm/]. Making both Clarine and Fir being Rutger's personal bitch. Whereas Fir has only good support options with Noah other than that. Thats it. Rutger comes at Level 5 with the HM bonus with good base stats and you get him around the first part of the game when he's much easier to train. While Fir comes at Level 1 and shes like what? 5 chapters after Rutger's recruitment. Despite her having HM bonus, hes quite hard to train as Lilina, Wendy, and of course Sophia. Meaning she requires tons of babying in order to get her worthwhile when Rutger don't. Speed loss don't matter in this game. But they determine who is better has better speed do to their Cons. Rutger has 8 Con whereas Fir has 6 both at a Swordmaster. When giving either one of them Durandal both units lose a slight Speed. Even when loses -4 Speed from carrying Durandal Rutger STILL has better speed than Fir -6. Fir is good but Rutger is much better so Rutger>Fir.

The pirate in that map can take her to lv 6,7 or more. What you need is a healer, that's all. After that map, always have some weak enemy for her to kill. Before you know it, she is at decent lv.

Now, about looking. She totally a cute(hot) babe with very short dress. And if you look at her artwork, she wear Karla's shirt. How can a good child who always want to be close to her mom can lose to a cool, freak swordman who seek out revenge (nor that he is not as cool as Karel).

I, choose Fire!!!!

Rutger. Stronger and he looks cool. Fir turns out really good, but I prefer male swordmasters for str. Girls can be archers and mages

Edited by Faiya

More like a third of the way. Not nearly as bad as you're putting it. And Rutger needs a Hero Crest as well, so... "Your point?"

There are many good characters that need a Hero Crest, which is limited. Dieck wants a Hero Crest, Rutgar wants a Hero Crest, Fir wants a Hero Crest, Gonzales wants a Hero Crest. There are 4 significantly good characters that want a Hero Crest, so the problem lies in who's getting it. If I remember right, there's 3 Hero Crests if you take the A route for chapters 10 and 11. The second Hero Crest is given to you in Chapter 11, if all the villages are intact, I think. Odds are, Dieck has already promoted from the first Hero Crest you got, or he's the closest one on your team ready for one. Rutgar is a fairly close second, and Fir probably isn't even level 5 yet, judging you're one for even experience throughout most of the team. Since this is A route Hard Mode, Gonzales is pretty much the instant powerhouse in pure strength, juding Dieck or Allen hasn't promoted yet. B route, I don't think you get a Hero Crest, so two Hero Crests appear in the game. Judging if you already promoted Dieck, there's only one, and that appears in Chapter 16. Actually, you can get some in Secret Shops, but 10,000 is pretty expensive.

Anyway, that's probably the point, normally limited promotion items. Buying the items will probably hurt your funds, if you aren't super mega solid in them.

The pirate in that map can take her to lv 6,7 or more. What you need is a healer, that's all. After that map, always have some weak enemy for her to kill. Before you know it, she is at decent lv.

Except that counts as babying if she needs healers to support her in case of done doing damage. And Pirates on this chapter have HM bonus as well meaning they can hurt a level 1 unit easily despite her having HM bonus...

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

There are many good characters that need a Hero Crest, which is limited. Dieck wants a Hero Crest, Rutgar wants a Hero Crest, Fir wants a Hero Crest, Gonzales wants a Hero Crest. There are 4 significantly good characters that want a Hero Crest, so the problem lies in who's getting it. If I remember right, there's 3 Hero Crests if you take the A route for chapters 10 and 11. The second Hero Crest is given to you in Chapter 11, if all the villages are intact, I think. Odds are, Dieck has already promoted from the first Hero Crest you got, or he's the closest one on your team ready for one. Rutgar is a fairly close second, and Fir probably isn't even level 5 yet, judging you're one for even experience throughout most of the team. Since this is A route Hard Mode, Gonzales is pretty much the instant powerhouse in pure strength, juding Dieck or Allen hasn't promoted yet. B route, I don't think you get a Hero Crest, so two Hero Crests appear in the game. Judging if you already promoted Dieck, there's only one, and that appears in Chapter 16. Actually, you can get some in Secret Shops, but 10,000 is pretty expensive.

Anyway, that's probably the point, normally limited promotion items. Buying the items will probably hurt your funds, if you aren't super mega solid in them.

Oujay was pretty good for me. So the question is who SHOULDN'T get the hero crest in the 5. Most people would probably want Gonzales. But people also want a hero and a swordmaster so it's pretty much a Fir vs Rutgar and Oujay vs Dieck all over again.

I bought promotion items since I don't care about ranks but if I had to choose I would pick Fir and Dieck.

Oujay comes underlevel by the time you have Dieck and Rutger.

You get him on a chapter with bunch of lance users and will be quite hard to train due to limit of the weapon triangle controls on this chapter.

Oujay has really terrible support factors with other character. The only real viable support that Oujay has is with Lalum. Which does amuse his game play.

Compare to Dieck, Oujay can't carry any Axe without losing a slight speed whereas Dieck can single handedly carry a Armads without any drawbacks. Of course Oujay is rather like Raven but without the support factor bonus thats it.

Oujay does suck in more ways. He has no real viable at all.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

For me Oujay did quite well for me. He capped HP, strenght, skill, speed and defense. He had high resistence and luck, but I did find it hard to train him and requires alot of babysitting.

I only used him because Dieck died.

For me Oujay did quite well for me. He capped HP, strenght, skill, speed and defense. He had high resistence and luck, but I did find it hard to train him and requires alot of babysitting.

I only used him because Dieck died.

How can you let Dieck die? o_o

Why make a poll asking which character you prefer, then start a pointless debate as to why one character sucks? Wouldn't it just be easier to make a topic saying "I think Rutger > Fir"?

I couldn't be bothered to start over :lol:

Also I wanted to see how Oujay would turn out if I didn't use Dieck.

Wouldn't it be easier if you just not use him at all? <_< You automatically trashed your tactics ratings right there...

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

In other words, the entire Hero Crest argument holds no weight what-so-ever. It depends on who you want to use, whether it be those you mentioned or Oujay or Geese (who I used and loved)

And since ranks aren't recorded in this game, I really couldn't care less about them.