Mug Medley: The Threequel

Mr_Catastr0phe

Original topic found [ here ]

Sequel Topic found [ here ]

A B O U T

After asking Elsa's Hair for permission, I thought it might be a bit of fun to bring back Mug Medley. For those unfamiliar with it, a portrait is posted, edited by one person, then handed off to another spriter to make further edits, and so on. Results may vary widely, but it should be generally agreed upon that they're almost always great.

R U L E S

• Each portrait will be given a maximum of 8 edits. The last person to edit the mugshot (8th edit) will then pick a new one.
  • An "edit" is defined as an actual change made to the content of the portrait itself; this does not include additional portraits, dialogue boxes, backgrounds, etc.
  • Anything within reason is allowed as an edit (custom/splice/etc.), but please leave room for others to expand on it. However, please refrain from ruining the image quality by saving it as a .jpg, or making non-pixel art edits that may produce anti-aliased artifacts (painting in PS, rotations, etc.).
  • You can splice in custom parts from previous edits, but not from other projects. So no using anything from a rom hack unless you're its creator. And if you use something from someone else's mug medley before round four try and figure out who made the edit, ask them if it's okay, and credit them when you submit the edit.
  • Furthermore, edits should be mostly complete and shaded to the best of your ability - no WIPs or half-assed scribbles.
  • If any edits are deemed inappropriate - content or otherwise - they will be asked to be removed.
  • If an edit is, at any time before the maximum count of 8, deemed (through general consensus) to be too cluttered or otherwise unfit to edit further, the current mug will be dropped, and a new portrait will be picked. This rule also applies for any edit that has not seen activity for five or more days (depending on overall activity).
  • No consecutive turns. If you were the last person to edit, you must wait until another person has made an edit before making another.
  • Please number your edit to make it easier for others to follow along.
  • Have fun~

[spoiler=Completed Medleys - Round 1]sheet1.png

[spoiler=Completed Medleys - Round 2]sheet2.png

[spoiler=Completed Medleys - Round 3]0AZJBsx.png

[spoiler=Completed Medleys - Round 4]9AslI9d.png

------------------------------

Here's the first Sprite. Have fun!

YeiZ7DB.png

Edited by TransientPaladin

I have like, no portrait editing skills at all or I'd do it myself, but that man needs a monocle and a cutlass on his back. To be the most dapper mint scottish gentleman corsair thing.

j6eOzOe.png

I just.. I looked at it, and the library of GBA FE mugs.. and I just saw Dozla and thought 'perfect'.

And I added the ear-hat clip from Gale.

muflt5.png

I had an idea, didn't really translate well on the delivery.

I have like, no portrait editing skills at all or I'd do it myself, but that man needs a monocle and a cutlass on his back. To be the most dapper mint scottish gentleman corsair thing.

Edit #7: Here Ya Go

1EcYObK.png

P.S. Next Editor chooses who gets to be sprited next

true, but I had seen others in the previous mug medley topic reuse parts from other sprites in the topic, so as the one who's running the current topic I would say it's okay as long as the parts taken are from a mug medley or the parts taken were made by the taker. For now though I will fix the sprite so it is not seen as art theft.

true, but I had seen others in the previous mug medley topic reuse parts from other sprites in the topic, so as the one who's running the current topic I would say it's okay as long as the parts taken are from a mug medley or the parts taken were made by the taker. For now though I will fix the sprite so it is not seen as art theft.

From what I've seen you've done this sort of thing before. I would say try... not to? If you do, at least mention where you borrowed it from.

Yeah, with the medleys stuff like that isn't as grave of a matter, as it's just for funsies and I think reusing parts from previous medleys is okay for that reason. It's like buying a cosplay, using someone else's art in a hack is like taking that bought cosplay into competition, you're getting credit and praise for someone else's work, whereas mug medley is like going around in a bought cosplay for fun, it doesn't hurt anyone as you're just BSing around. Although, I did fix the sprite.

Best to just leave it to doing your own work solely by yourself than to thrust your rules onto the works of others.

Perhaps you should amend the rules so that if someone submits their work then it permits the use of parts for future medleys.

Drat, too late! lolwell~

Yeah, with the medleys stuff like that isn't as grave of a matter, as it's just for funsies and I think reusing parts from previous medleys is okay for that reason. It's like buying a cosplay, using someone else's art in a hack is like taking that bought cosplay into competition, you're getting credit and praise for someone else's work, whereas mug medley is like going around in a bought cosplay for fun, it doesn't hurt anyone as you're just BSing around. Although, I did fix the sprite.

Personal opinion, the standard etiquette of 'ask first' should apply by default. It is just for funsies though, so going ahead (from Round 4+) I can see edits being considered public material.

*Thought i saw where it was going*

*Clicked Page2*

*Did not go where I thought it was going*

*Still impressed