Anybody finds marrying children creepy?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially so if you try to marry Lucina... I figure Chrom might have a few objections there.

Then again, marrying one of the children is the only way to get an optimal Morgan, so... :awesome:

I don't find it creepy. I actually find it hilarious. On a related topic, what's even more hilarious is when people apply modern laws and marry Nowi and Ricken/Donnel to avoid pedophilia implications and end up with actual pedophilia without even realizing it.

Seriously, it's time travel pedophillia.

Imagine you holding your child, then your best friend comes in and is like "when she grows up, imma gonna hit dat"

QMXCCFc.jpg

Especially so if you try to marry Lucina... I figure Chrom might have a few objections there.

Then again, marrying one of the children is the only way to get an optimal Morgan, so... :awesome:

NMUA7Wf.jpg

More seriously though, the children that came from the future are implied to be for the most part the same age as the main cast and while it can be creepy to think that you married your friend baby child, the children that came from the future are not the same persons exactly IMO as the one born in the post-Grima Defeat timeline. (if they were and if Awakening respected the usual laws of time travel, all the children would have disappeared following Grima's defeat since there would have been no reasons for them to go back in time in the first place).

Edited by LuxSpes

In the real medieval period of history, people could get married to fourteen year-olds without any notion of paedophillia. Now, given that FE is set in a medieval fantasy setting,I guess you could say its historically accurate to some degree.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Kinda, but they are implied to be a similar age to the 1st gen cast, so I guess it's technically okay, although a little unnerving...

I don't find it creepy. I actually find it hilarious. On a related topic, what's even more hilarious is when people apply modern laws and marry Nowi and Ricken/Donnel to avoid pedophilia implications and end up with actual pedophilia without even realizing it.

This.

I like going for the Donnel x Nah actual pedophilia, Avatar x Severa oddness, and Lucina x Owain cousin companions all at once, Triple Crown all day.

Edited by BuddyBoy

Then there's also crunchgamers like me that marry for stats. Imagine dating a woman only because of the fact that she can deadlift 300 pounds. The best part is that even if your wife is, you baby won't be strong at birth in real life. Then again, in FE13 there are unexplainable endless seasons (Regna Ferox=winter, everywhere else=summer).

There's a whole mess of pedophilia issues in the 1st Gen cast already, so time-travel marriage shouldn't be that awkward.

If some people are morally disgusted by the thought, alright. But there have been weirder romances in the past games, so it's nothing to make a big deal about.

Except that they are kids. There isn't any evidence that they're older than 18.

Nevermind that applying modern day laws is stupid. If we did that, our heroes would have been branded war criminals a long time ago.

I find it less creepy than I used to, although I still dislike the idea. My main issue with marrying the children characters is Morgan. These are children who grew up in a doomed future, lost their parents early, and are very attached to them and ACT like children around them. And then when their OWN kid from the future comes around … you're telling me they suddenly have a "parental" mindset towards their kid when they already have their own parent issues???

The other problem is the kids themselves. It's not so much the physical age as it is the mentality that they would have after coming from the doomed future. In a way, it kind of comes off as the kids trying to hold onto something "good" that they have in the past.

I judge them using the medieval standard since this game sets place in the medieval ages. So really, marrying anyone is ok so as long as their above 14 (Nowi and Nah are no nos (terrible, terrible, pun there)). Although personally, I would only marry the ones that are at least 16.

Besides, I think, they come from a different universes. They have different memories. Which makes them completely different persons than their infant counterparts. So that is how I justify marrying them without it being creepy

-

Also we all know about how medieval royalty keeps inbreeding to keep them pure as possible right?

(OwainxLucina anyone?)

Edited by Sifer

Isn't Robin from the future as well? If so, I don't see how that's creepy.

He's not.

The Robin from future was Grima. That's why Robin lost memories, Grima tried to take over the alternative Robin's body and ended up being repealed by unknown reasons, i think it was a mind issue.

So really the Robin that you plays as is from the same timeline as the story you're in. So.

On to the topic, I wouldn't consider it creepy or pedophilia. Remember, Time Travel is something we can't prove yet, so there are many different theories for it, however there is one thing that would cause Lucina to remains in the same timeline to which I'll explain later.

Take this as an example, and since I like Lucina I might be biased, Lucina travels to past to stop Grima's awakening and save her father. She had no interests in love until presumably you meets her and somehow makes her fall for you, hell if I know how Robin does it, he is very charming...I might just fall for him at first sight, even if I'm male. nohomointended

You make baby with her, she pressed a nail into the timeline that keeps her in because she now has changed history with her own genes by bringing a new life into it. -nosebleed-

Which is why the ending with Lucina and Avatar states that she stayed with him.

Yeah, I've always did.

Another detail is what happens if The Avatar marries Lucy...does she stay in the past? I mean, The Avatar is kind of Chrom's Best Man, or something. Sooner or later, they'd probably invite them over OR SOMETHING....

Edited by Jeff Strongman