Anybody finds marrying children creepy?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't find it creepy. I actually find it hilarious. On a related topic, what's even more hilarious is when people apply modern laws and marry Nowi and Ricken/Donnel to avoid pedophilia implications and end up with actual pedophilia without even realizing it.

Nowi's marriages with everyone are messed up though, there's nothing special about Ricken/Donnel when you look at the rest of the cast. Notably Virion gets dragged into it kicking and screaming, Gaius is little better and Vaike's motives (especially in light of Vaike x Avatar C) are questionable at best. Unfortunately, Vaike and Avatar are the only ones who never mention how young she looks, and Avatar has his own problem of being a self-insert (pairing off fictional characters is just fine, but do you want something that's supposed to represent you associated with something that dresses like that?).

Do we even know the avatar's age

Avatar has special Grima powers which may alter his/her aging process, and there's no way that all the different body types you can give your Avatar are the same age. Going by all the different standards the series has set, I'd guess anywhere between 10 and 4,000.

Avatar has special Grima powers which may alter his/her aging process, and there's no way that all the different body types you can give your Avatar are the same age. Going by all the different standards the series has set, I'd guess anywhere between 10 and 4,000.

I'm pretty sure that that the avatar's age is deliberately vague. However, we know from FE4 that holy blood does not alter the aging process. Sure, awakening might easily have changed that, but because it never says or even implies anything about extended aging, ocam's rasor implies that there is probably none.

Inigo as Olivia's son with Morgan as Lissa's daughter. I'm awful! :P:

If I really wanted to up the creep factor, I'd make the youngest possible male Avatar and have him marry Tiki. . .so in other words, marrying a child character is awkward at best, not creepy.

Can we please not confuse biological age with chronological age? It is not strange for a young Tiki to be in a relationship with a young Avatar since, despite the vast chronological age difference, they have the same biological age.

I don't think it's creepy at all to marry child characters as long as they're the same biological age.

Edited by Chiki

I never really liked the concept, mostly because you can only get Morgan out of it. Besides, Lucina is the only child I would actually marry :P

Morgan is good no matter what her parents are.

Also, I care about marrying the children characters about as much as their parents do. Which is not at all.

Good thing since the second generation has far less creative writing behind their characters. (or what little creative writing the game had in the first place)

I'm pretty sure that that the avatar's age is deliberately vague. However, we know from FE4 that holy blood does not alter the aging process. Sure, awakening might easily have changed that, but because it never says or even implies anything about extended aging, ocam's rasor implies that there is probably none.

Well I assumed that it worked like the brands from FE9/10 but I could be mistaken.

No, not really.

Can we please not confuse biological age with chronological age? It is not strange for a young Tiki to be in a relationship with a young Avatar since, despite the vast chronological age difference, they have the same biological age.

I don't think it's creepy at all to marry child characters as long as they're the same biological age.

I'm going to have to agree with Chiki here, so no, I did not have a problem with it.

Since someone said that the children could potentially be under 18, remember that the age of consent is 13 in Japan (that's one reason why localisations in general lift the ages of 15-year old fanservice characters' to 18), meaning that they would canonically most likely surpass the (whichever particular country's respective) age of consent in the western releases just to avoid any implications of pedophilia.

Edited by Topazd255

You can't claim it's pedophilia (or whatever) when there are no confirmed ages in this game -except for the royal family and Nowi. For all you know, Robin (F or M, doesn't matter) could be younger or around the same age as the kids.

As for my thoughts, it took me around….after 6 files to marry a child unit because I either 1. Felt odd marrying my friend's kid or 2. Had this irrational fear in the back of my mind that their parents would kill me through the screen. Gerome was the first 2nd generation unit I married and I have no regrets. -Plus Morgan's grandfather is Henry, and considering how eerily similar they look and act, I thought it was fitting. - 3-

Honestly, it's all up to you. No one's going to force you to marry a 2nd gen -heck, or even marry to begin with since you can stay single.

Just play the game as you see fit and have fun. (At least that's what I'll be doing that until they announce a new game…I hope TwT)

Edit: By "royal family" I meant Emmeryn, Chrom and Lissa. Emmeryn is basically 25 years old (took the throne at 10, +15 years), and (according to concept art notes -posted below) Chrom is roughly 19-20 and Lissa 15-16.

[spoiler=Emm, Chrom & Lissa Concept Art]

YoungFE13EmmChromLissa.jpg

Edited by Rohesia

Erm, I can see young male Avatar and Nowi. . .but Tiki? She looks like she's old enough to go bar-hopping and not get carded.

Young Avatar marrying Tiki is no creeper than a human of Tiki's biological age, such as Anna, marrying the Young Avatar.

It's like saying that a person with a chronological age of 5 years with the biological age of a 70 year old is creepy for marrying a person with the chronological and biological age of 70. It's silly.

Young Avatar marrying Tiki is no creeper than a human of Tiki's biological age, such as Anna, marrying the Young Avatar.

It's like saying that a person with a chronological age of 5 years with the biological age of a 70 year old is creepy for marrying a person with the chronological and biological age of 70. It's silly.

I could probably mention a good chunk of the female cast that looks older than 20 (as an arbitrary example). Same goes for youngest female Avatar and the older guys.

In my case no, they're pretty much said to be pretty close to the same age as the first gen. And I marry Kjelle above the others and she's one of the more common sense members of the 2nd gen so i don't have any problems with her.

Erm, I can see young male Avatar and Nowi. . .but Tiki? She looks like she's old enough to go bar-hopping and not get carded.

She would probably get free drinks too due to her Tikis being exposed.

• 3 weeks later...

Several characters with holy blood like the King of Grannvale, and Vylon look visibly aged, so its highly doubtful they slow the aging process.

I don't really see how it's weird to marry the children, considering that the timeline changes, meaning they turned out different than the children will in the new timeline. Also, I'd like to point out that if the timelines are different, then they technically went to a parallel world rather than back in time. So basically, Lucina is a Chrom's daughter, but not biologically the daughter of that world's Chrom, technically you are marrying the daughter of a person you've never met, who at that time in the parallel world is the same age as you.

I was creeped out at first. I was trying to marry Yarne at the time and when I got his confession cut scene I just laughed so hard for a few minutes. Now I'm okay with it. (Gosh, Owain is just yummmmmm.)

I... it's kinda like fucking a baby in a sense. I know that there's time shenanigans and all, but it feels awkward to just go to your best friend and say "I fucked your daughter," or "I'm gonna marry your daughter/son."

It's sort of cringeworthy to me, but if that's how much you love him/her, then go ahead and marry someone who would eventually be born.

IIIIIIIIIIII'm just gonna place this image here

526.png

Credits to the artist (aaand get the fuck off my waifu, Chrom!)