well done david and dan, for ruining a great book series (spoilers i guess)

how did brienne beat the hound in that fight?

how come the only 2 evil lannisters are joffrey and tywin? of course, the rest of them are just misunderstood good guys now

how come they wasted time on jon mourning over ygritte, when they could've shown more important scenes with stannis?

how come i still hate daenerys targeryen?

how come there was no lady stoneheart?

to the people who liked this finale, you haven't read the books.

Edited by Aizenberg

how come the only 2 evil lannisters are joffrey and tywin? of course, the rest of them are just misunderstood good guys now

Actually I thought Tywin was a pretty even character, overall, both in the show and the books. He employs dark means, but his intentions are well enough. As opposed to many others, the only real differentiation is that he's willing to dirty his hands to create order. He'd probably be the best one to rule the Seven Kingdoms, I could see a prosperous nation come from his rule.

Because like everyone else you dislike whiny 15-year-olds like Daenerys? She's the worst character in the series.

how come there was no lady stoneheart?

I'm sure she'll be revealed in the first episode next season like the prologue from Feast For Crows. Also I really just want to see Lem and the gang. :(

how sad was it when dany locked up her poor dragons. you know, the same dragons that fucking burnt a child alive. those dragons!

I think the best way to stomach TV!Dany is to accept that she's completely nuts.

because she's an insignificant shit of a character whose plotline is literally 'the White Man's Burden, also dragons'

Actually I thought Tywin was a pretty even character, overall, both in the show and the books. He employs dark means, but his intentions are well enough. As opposed to many others, the only real differentiation is that he's willing to dirty his hands to create order. He'd probably be the best one to rule the Seven Kingdoms, I could see a prosperous nation come from his rule.

my point wasn't tywins character. book tywin and tv tywin are pretty similar to each other which i liked. but the rest of the lannisters (tyrion, jaime, cersei) are turning into bloody saints (not literally) in the tv show. pandering to the fucking audience

I don't know, I think they're all portrayed pretty faithfully. Tyrion is a bit more of a jokester in the show, and Jaime's calmer than he was at this point, but Cersei's certainly shown to be bloodthirsty and ruthless. Scenes that played up her helplessness at wanting to protect her son, and other such motherly scenes, were prevalent in the books as well.

Which bits are you talking about that portray them as saints?

how sad was it when dany locked up her poor dragons. you know, the same dragons that fucking burnt a child alive. those dragons!

Yeah the dragons that didn't do anything. Drogon killed the kid, not the other two. Also, it's not the dragon's fault. They are dragons. That's what they do.

Yeah the dragons that didn't do anything. Drogon killed the kid, not the other two. Also, it's not the dragon's fault. They are dragons. That's what they do.

No, it is the dragon's/dragons' fault because that's what they do.

inb4 floki

tumblr_inline_mp5xeivV501qz4rgp.gif

Which pretty much sums up my entire opinion on this thread as a whole and the ASOIAF fandom as a whole. That fandom is fucking hopeless. Hopeless. And i will continue to drink its tears. They taste so sweet!

because she's an insignificant shit of a character whose plotline is literally 'the White Man's Burden, also dragons'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahhahhaahahahahah

Because like everyone else you dislike whiny 15-year-olds like Daenerys? She's the worst character in the series.

tumblr_lm0ws1nUDs1qzmcoro1_500.gif

Oh this is just fantastic! I <3 you guys so much! Dany really does smell of elderberries.

my point wasn't tywins character. book tywin and tv tywin are pretty similar to each other which i liked. but the rest of the lannisters (tyrion, jaime, cersei) are turning into bloody saints (not literally) in the tv show. pandering to the fucking audience

*snicker* Pfffff.

Teeeeheeee...oh man its just too goddamn funny. Cersei whitewashed and saintly? LMAO! Last episode showed her cracking like a fucking egg! Shes barking, man. Barking.

Jaime starts having a sense of honor around this time in the story so theres really nothing deviating about that.

Tyrion is shown to also crack like a fucking egg. He gave Luigi's death glare a run for its money. And no, it was not fucking self defense! Tyrion intended to murder Shae the moment she said "My lion".

I felt bad for Jojen. Why would the producers be so mean to him?

ITS NOT FUCKING JOJEN PASTE! *snoopy dances all over the goddamn place*

In yer face!

I think the best way to stomach any incarnation of Dany is to accept that she's completely nuts.

fixed that for ya.

*inserts unpopular opinion about dany here*

hue

Aww someone likes Dany. I actually find her interesting and her story is full of cool symbolism. But as a person, Dany is a fucking piece of work. I think Stannis is a lot nicer than she is when you get to the brass tacks, mang.

hue

Aww someone likes Dany. I actually find her interesting and her story is full of cool symbolism. But as a person, Dany is a fucking piece of work. I think Stannis is a lot nicer than she is when you get to the brass tacks, mang.

yeah, it's more liking the character rather than the person. tho I have good hopes to how she may end up :t

and in case she doesn't get any good, we can all pray for her death \o/

and i still need to watch this episode, I want to see Tywin on the throne

Edited by Odo

Brienne had an edge over The Hound because of his injury probably.

Jon mourning over Ygritte is pretty important for his character arc I'd say- we can always get Stannis next season.

I also like Dany's presence in the books and in the show.

Originally I was also disappointed by the lack of Lady Stoneheart, but she might fit better into next season.

I do kinda agree on the Lannisters though- the lack of Tysha made Tyrion going into the Tower of the Hand kind of random and underwhelming. Tyrion/Jaime now have a totally different relationship which may make it strange for their characters moving forward if they stick to book plotlines. Jaime/Cersei are also completely different relationship wise, which also might make it difficult to move forward in the same way.

I've not seen season 4 yet, but man... season 3 end was like fucking neo-nazi propaganda.

I think I need to read the books again. It'll probably be another six years until the next, so...

Cuz Tyrion has no other motive to creep up into the Tower of the Hand right? Cuz his dad totally didnt just sentence him to death.

Yeah Tyrion's sidetracking to the Tower of the Hand is so goddamn random.

tumblr_mdjtbmkjx61rp7g3w.gif

Please.

Im really glad we didnt get Tysha. Especially considering how Shae was composited into the very idea of Tysha. Tyrion had plenty of motive without Tysha being a thing.

Oh, the fandom is screaming bloody murder over the Brienne/Hound fight cuz apparently Sandor Clegane is invincible or something. lol Brienne is slow as all hell as a combatant. She hits like a fucking wrecking ball, but shes slow. Mighty Glacier style. She can give a lot of guys a run for their money but speed will outdo her. Sandor had a massive wound on his neck thats festering, so he got like, a -10 to Avoid and -3 speed penalty. So yeah, she won, but barely. He still kicked her arse pretty hard and almost got her. No way is the Hound a chump on the battlefield just cuz he lost to Brienne.

I've not seen season 4 yet, but man... season 3 end was like fucking neo-nazi propaganda.

hue. You'll enjoy watching Dany's White Savior get deconstructed and completely shat upon then. Its kinda awesome and its going to get better. The potshots in her general direction filled me with so much glee.

Cuz Tyrion has no other motive to creep up into the Tower of the Hand right? Cuz his dad totally didnt just sentence him to death.

Yeah Tyrion's sidetracking to the Tower of the Hand is so goddamn random.

Please.

Im really glad we didnt get Tysha. Especially considering how Shae was composited into the very idea of Tysha. Tyrion had plenty of motive without Tysha being a thing.

If Tyrion wanted to kill Tywin because of the trial, I dunno why they would bother having the 'tipping point' being Tywin calling Shae a whore (which Tyrion did himself at the trial). Tyrion didn't go into the Tower of the Hand because of Shae, so why make Tyrion killing Tywin be about her?

Tyrion killing Shae without dialogue between the two and Jaime just showing up in Tyrion's cell without any explanation of how he got past the guards were also just underwhelming. The whole scenes felt weirdly rushed given their importance.

Edited by -Cynthia-