Chapters that made you ragequit

I got a bunch for FE 7. The chapter where you fight Llyod in fog of war I didn't know he moved and so he comes out of the fog and kills my Sain. In Battle before Dawn I thought I moved Nino to a safe place and then Ursula nuked her with Bolting. Cog of Destiny, do I even need to explain? In the final chapter my Raven who had maxed out strength and speed and had a brave sword got berserked and I didn't bring any restore staves

In FE 8 I don't remember what chapter it was but my Franz got hit 3 times in a row by shadowshot gorgons when he they had around a 30% chance of hitting just as I was about to finish off the boss next turn.

In FE 9 when you had to arrive at the port I was just about to finish the map when the Black Knight comes out of the house and kills Boyd.

FE 10 Part 2 endgame pissed me off so much when both Nephenee and Haar died on the last turn to crits. 3-6 was terrible my first time playing since I had pumped so much exp into Ilyana and Tormod the rest of the DB where horrible underleveled and got torn apart.

FE 13 Any chapter that spawns flying reinforcements. Also that one chapter with all the Mire sorcs.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was FE6 Chapter 14: Arcadia, my first run of the first FE game I played. The limited movement and visibility, as well as certain enemies made me ragequit so much. I can not explain how frustrating it was to get near the end of the level, only to have a weak unit killed by a manakete hiding somewhere.

FE 6 is pretty much all the chapters before the first Arena. (Chapter 7?)

Hector Hard Mode Chapter 12? The one with Zagan, dem Pegasus Knights are scary to Serra. And you don't really get much of an advantage with Eliwood's group.

FE 8 is a cake walk so skipped.

FE 13, Lunatic mode Mila's Tree (Chapter 16) and the Ship Chapter.(Chapter 14?) Those Pegasus spawns are devastating.

FE5, Chapter 19.

How the hell am I supposed to recruit Amalda while keeping her mooks alive?

The first 3 chapters of Shadow Dragon H5.

Chapters 2 and 14 of Lunatic+ of Awakening.

Chapter 14 of Sacred Stones Ephraim Mode for being annoying.

Chapter 6?(the one with the prison break) in Thracia for the nasty enemies at the end. Also crappy escape mechanics that are never explained.

Chapter 7 of Binding Blade HM.

Thracia 776 chapter 24x. All those warp tiles... It wouldn't have been bad at all if I hadn't used up my rescue staff uses, or, better yet, it I had been aware of the map on fireemblemwod.com.

For me, it's PoR chapter 17 phase 3, PoR chapter 21, and any Dawn Brigade chapter in RD. xP

Chapter 17 phase 3 in PoR was just always ANNOYING. You're surrounded by Oliver's goons and I was never too great at defending properly without getting my peeps killed. >_<

Chapter 21 just took me awhile to figure out how to use Tanith's reinforcements as bait without letting Naesala kill anyone before I can get Janaff or Ulki to talk to him (he stops attacking and makes his way to Reyson to speak to him after that).

The Dawn Brigade suck and are weak. I simply could never make them totally usable and their chapters are always hard as a result. >.>

For me, it's PoR chapter 17 phase 3, PoR chapter 21, and any Dawn Brigade chapter in RD. xP

Chapter 17 phase 3 in PoR was just always ANNOYING. You're surrounded by Oliver's goons and I was never too great at defending properly without getting my peeps killed. >_<

Chapter 21 just took me awhile to figure out how to use Tanith's reinforcements as bait without letting Naesala kill anyone before I can get Janaff or Ulki to talk to him (he stops attacking and makes his way to Reyson to speak to him after that).

The Dawn Brigade suck and are weak. I simply could never make them totally usable and their chapters are always hard as a result. >.>

Ana, Ike is in the middle of a bunch of bog tiles. It's a foolproof shield from any enemy engagement. Additionally, 17 part 3 is ankle-deep in the part of the game where all your longterm units are promoted. How anyone could have trouble with it is beyond me.

Chapter 19? Just throw Jill or Marcia in range of Naesela's Vortex with a Full Guard equipped, have Janaff talk to him, then make sure Reyson is in his movement range. 2 turns, no effort.

there is a great irony when one claims that an easily trivialized map is difficult while at the same time spurning someone else for the same reason.

I'm really conservative about staves that don't heal. You should know how that feels.

i'm having trouble thinking of any game that has staves available in greater quantities than FE5

I guess there's fe13 with buyable rescue?

Edited by CT075

FE5 chapter 5 was this for me. To begin with, I was running out of swords given the fact that everyone besides Asvel and Dalshin (sic?) uses them and the only units that I could take them from were Sword Knights who could only be captured by Dalshin (who had ~50% hitrate) and Brighton (if the knights spawned with <10 con, which they rarely did). None of the enemies were especially difficult, until you break Nanna out of the arena, at which point the Killer Edge swordmaster and Killer Axe berserker came along, who could one-shot any of my units and could only be dealt with effectively by Grafcalibur. Of course, if you deal with them (which you have to, since both of them have higher movement than your units) you get Galzuz on your tail, who's worse than both of them combined.

I actually managed to get through all of that at one point, but then managed to kill the peg knight (whatever her name is) by having her attack an enemy with a broken sword by accident. Still, very hard chapter.

I remember halting at chapter 19 of my FE12 Lunatic run. I wanted to recruit everyone without using Rescue staves and that didn't go to well.

I probably could've decided to use Rescue considering I had a lot of competant magic users but I didn't transfer my save from a PC to another.

BBD in FE7 is pretty lame on HHM because sometimes Jaffar dies before you can get there going max speed and that`s just frustrating.

Mila Tree gets my jimmies rustled, mainly because of the reinforcements and plethora of enemies with bows. At this point, most of my team flies, so bows sure hurt.

I guess H5 Fe11, chapter 1 is a pain, since pretty much nothing ever misses from the enemies, and using the Javelin you start with is a gamble.

I can't remember the chapter exactly, but the chapter where you have to rescue Lilina in FE6 was really difficult for me. Not for the rescuing itself, but for the boss. And then the accidental character deaths and the restarting and allllll the moves again and again...I think I ragequitted in the end and didn't look back for one or two years.

Edited by Crazy Foxie

One of the chapters I absolutely cannot stand is chapter 13 in Shadow Dragon. Even in small numbers, long-range attackers can be very irritating. This chapter, however, takes it to an extreme that I feel no chapter has ever gone before or since. Other than that:

FE6: Chapter 14. It being desert is bad enough, but now you have to add fog of war to the mix??? I'm also not very fond of all the Sacae chapters.

FE7, Aside from the aforementioned BBD, nothing really, besides Night of Farewells.

FE8: Father and Son, because **** Berserk staves.

FE9: Day Breaks, not because of difficulty, but more because of length.

FE10: 1-E. I never really find any of the other DB chapters overly hard these days, but this one pits you against the biggest disadvantage yet.

Edited by Levant Caprice