Chapters that made you ragequit

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That chapter in FE13 where you're trying to save Emmeryn, on lunatic. I had problems with the wyvern rider reinforcements.

Chapter 2 was probably the hardest one for me that I actually completed, and tbh if I had just given the desert chapter a bit more effort I probably would've cleared it more easily than ch 2.

I haven't played as much FE as most of the members on this site, but the hardest for me to far has been Shadow Dragon C8. At first I hadn't chosen wise characters to beat that chapter with, and I had to rely on Caeda to recruit Roger AND to kill the general with her Winged Spear, which often ended up in some other character getting killed in the process, and I'd have to restart the chapter.

The endgame of FE A was also hard because it wasn't until trying to beat it literally two dozen times when I realized what the Master Seal was for, so the only people powerful enough to go against Grima were Chrom and Say'ri, and most of my other units would die trying to kill everyone else. Man, I don't like to think about my first play through of FE:A that much...

Edited by Agent Shade

• 2 weeks later...

So I've started playing through FE 6 and I already got a new chapter that made me restart multiple times, chapter 11 Hero of the West.

There's two enemy recruits who spawn on opposites sides of the map and you need to use Clarine to recruit Klein and Klein to recruit Tate but Klein and his soliders will attack Clarine even though they're siblings and Tate and her soliders will attack Klein even though he's their boss :facepalm: . The worse part is all of their soliders need to survive if you want the promotion items and we all know how smart green units are. All of Tate's soldiers suicided themselves onto one cavalier which was sad and hilarious. Also if you want the hero crest you need to save all the villages and there's a bandit spawn right next to one of the villages. The most frustrating attempt was when I recruited Klein, stopped the bandits, made Tate a Npc and so I thought I was in the clear and then a huge swarm of cavaliers spawn and kill Tate

Edited by lazydoggamer

FE6 Chapter 11

With the two enemy recruits appearing on both sides of the map and the fact that you had to keep their subordinates alive while also making sure that all villages don't get destroyed made this chapter rage inducing as hell. It took me like 30 tries before I was finally able to save all the villages + keep the enemy recruits subordinates alive. And after getting the reward it didn't feel worth all the trouble. :sob:

Edited by Antilution

Thus far the one for me has been FE12 Chapter 22 on Maniac, I just wasn't competent enough to either complete it fast enough or deal with those Glower!Sorcerer & Manakete reinforcements, haha. At least I know what's coming this time around, so I might actually pose more of chance there when my weaponry actually consists of something usable.

The starting series of chapters in Lunatic+ on FE:A.

Can't really beat them when enemies have Luna+.

And Chapter 4 of Thracia is really frustrating too.

The chapter in which Isadora joins in HHM. I don't know why this particular chapter is so hard for me, but it is. Like, I don't have as much trouble with BBD and COG >_>

In general, I beat it after 10 tries or so (lol)

The prologue of FE4 made me ragequit and not play it for 3 months, because one of the brigands reached a village on the other side of the map, and I wasn't used to how the game worked. Turns out it's laughably easy.

Edited by Nobody

Not really a chapter, but before we discovered Wrath + Resolve, the Black Knight kept on kicking my sister's ass because Ike didn't activate Aether (and he activated it ON DOORS multiple times...)

Also, when I was little, I couldn't beat FE7's chapter with Jaffar and Nino because of multiple reasons: the thieves stole all the incredibly valuable treasures before my thieves, Nino died (idk how), Jaffar died, Ursula two shotted my Lowen, the prince died... it was a nightmare mixed with Fog of War, but I miss this kind of difficulty very much.

• 4 weeks later...

Have even played FE8 chapter 11 in Ephraim's route.

This chapter was so annoying. Tons of enemies and the worst part: mist!

It feels like chapter 12 and 13 from PoR are added plus there's no sight and you are under pressure!

I used Kyle, Ephraim and Gilliam to kill most of the enemies to reach L'Arachel as soon as possibe.

The problem was that gargoyles (boss included) appeared from the west side and eyeballs from the north and south. So "back-up"-units like Natasha, Artur or Lute couldn't get out of their range.

I was very lucky that Natasha dodged one deadly attack and Ross survived the boss with 1 HP (doubled him).

So godthanks no one died in this chapter.

Although I played it only on normal mode, this chapter was seriously harder than every FE9 chapter on hard mode.

I also had trouble in chapter 10, because I couldn't reach Cormag with Tana without being in the range of the ship ballista. So Cormag had to attack one of my units and killed Neimi by a critical hit with his killer lance.

I don't care for her, becaue she was my worst unit anyway (even worse than Leonardo in FE10).

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

FE5's Chapter 24x is the single most frustrating chapter in the series and anyone who doesn't say so clearly hasn't played it. There is no easier difficulty to play it in and no matter how much you prepare for it, it's completelly unfair. And don't even dare to bring physical units into this chapter, you'll live to regret it.

FE5's Chapter 24x is the single most frustrating chapter in the series and anyone who doesn't say so clearly hasn't played it.

you should be careful when you say these kinds of things, because a smart-aleck like me can simply assert the opposite.

I signed up here more than a year ago... Jeez. Ok, chapters that made me ragequit/nearly cry:

FE7: Pale Flower of Darkness/COG

FE8: None that I can remember

FE9: Blood Runs Red before I figured out the strategy to make it freakin' easy.

FE10: 3-13, 4-4 ( though it is pretty satisfying to put Ike to sleep and have one of your 3rd tier promoted DBer's kick the crap out of him ). But I despised 4-4. If 4-5 hadn't come afterwards, I would have rage-quited the entire game.

you should be careful when you say these kinds of things, because a smart-aleck like me can simply assert the opposite.

What chapter would you say is more frustrating? I said that because every other frustrating chapter I can think of is only hard/frustrating in certain difficulties.

Mine are without a doubt Thracia 776 chapter 4 "the Dungeon", And chapter 22 "Across the River"

Sword of Seals hard mode chapter 7 "The Rebellion of Ostia" those damn wyvern riders kill everything and take almost no damage, and stupid Treck never survives 1 turn.

if you know where the warp tiles are its pretty painless is pretty much what he's saying I think.

as for chapters that make me ragequit, Sands of Time in FE7 because its a defence chapter with a fuckton of poison weapons so and archers in HNM so the enemy phases take forever and I hate it. Also BBD because i'm always tempted to just kill Ursula immediately so I can mash end turn because 15 turns for a map where there are only really enemies in half the map is dumb. At least they're scattered in Vaida's chapter.

Edited by General Horace

Lloyd's Four Fanged Offense in Hector Mode is balls. There is a reason why i ensure i never get that version of the chapter.

Battle Before Dawn cuz Jaffar gets stupid sometimes.

That level in FE6 where you get Sophia. Omg fuck that bullshit.

Definitely chapter 14 of Fire Emblem 6 (Arcadia). There were so many layers of bull on that chapter, especially if you're going in blind. I think I restarted a couple times on normal mode. Sheesh.

Of the Fire Emblems I've played, only maybe Battle Before Dawn and the early Lunatic chapters in Awakening have been more frustrating for me. I mean, I'm sure there's chapters that have caused me to reset more, but they didn't leave nearly the lasting impression.

I've never ragequit a chapter (yet), but the one that made me come closest to it was FE1 chapter 22.

You have to advance quickly if you want to save the village (necessary to get the Falchion), but you're stopped halfway through by a horde of Dragon Knights with their immense DEF. So you'll have to warp someone over to the village who can kill the Thief and survive all the enemies who then gang up on him. Then you have to kill the horde quickly and retreat, unless you want to get overrun by Dragon Knight, Paladin and Bishop reinforcements.

The FE11 chapters which were hard because of Ballisticians aren't really difficult in FE1, where Ballisticians only have 2 range.

I also found FE8 chapter 11 on Ephraim's route quite annoying. And the first time I played Lunatic in FE13 was a disaster. I really had to adapt my playing style to that difficulty.

Chapter 16 in FE7.And I'm playing on freaking NORMAL.I raged quit after Sain died.Then I tried again,and lost Guy,Wil and Sain.I should've raged quit.And chapter 4 I think it was?The once where you get Dorcus.I didn't touch the game for freaking months because of all the freaking game overs I was getting thanks to Lyn's crappy defense.

On Awakening,I've probably only rage quit on Rouges and Redeemers 3.Chrom's freaking resistance screwed me more then once.

from the same game, chapters 4x and 5.

Fair enough, though those chapters aren't as bad (in my opinion) in Elite mode.

if you know where the warp tiles are its pretty painless is pretty much what he's saying I think.

as for chapters that make me ragequit, Sands of Time in FE7 because its a defence chapter with a fuckton of poison weapons so and archers in HNM so the enemy phases take forever and I hate it. Also BBD because i'm always tempted to just kill Ursula immediately so I can mash end turn because 15 turns for a map where there are only really enemies in half the map is dumb. At least they're scattered in Vaida's chapter.

In my defence, having to know where the all warp tiles are is kinda dumb: you should be able to beat a chapter with just the information you're provided.