Chapters that made you ragequit

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fun fact: the chapter 24x warp tiles only trigger off the "wait" command. other commands do not trigger the warp tiles.

chapters 4x and 5 are incredibly luck-reliant without any good way to mitigate that factor. chapter 24x is an easy 3-turn warpskip in SSS playthroughs and not accessed otherwise.

Edited by dondon151

The Oliver chapters on FE9. Not that they're hard.... They're just annoying.

The Phantom Ship chapter of FE8 is both annoying and hard. For such an easy game, the difficulty spike is like a bucket of cold water.

FE6's Arcadia chapter also sucks. Dragons everywhere, poor mov, fog and a time limit. I learned how to get through it without so much trial and error, but it took me quite some time.

fun fact: the chapter 24x warp tiles only trigger off the "wait" command. other commands do not trigger the warp tiles.

chapters 4x and 5 are incredibly luck-reliant without any good way to mitigate that factor. chapter 24x is an easy 3-turn warpskip in SSS playthroughs and not accessed otherwise.

The only time I accessed chapter 24x was in my first playthrough of the game, I was playing it blind and forbid myself from warpskipping any chapter. Because of that, chapter 24x was my most frustrating video game experience period. Its been a while since then, so I guess my memory of the chapter was kinda blown out of proportion, thus, I will concede defeat in this argument.

FE7 in and of itself made me ragequit. Not due to difficulty or anything, I just got frustrated at the game and no longer wanted to play it. There were also a number of chapters in Radiant Dawn that were difficult enough to make me ragequit. That's about it.

The first few chapters until dlc in Awakening are actually not as hard as everyone claims. Only chapter 1 took me longer, as the Risen with the hammer kept surprising me for some reason.

The hardest in Awakening was definitely Future of Despair 2. Keeping the kids alive was easy, but the 12 flyers reinforcements, +archers and generals always managed to kill a unit, forcing me to restart. Even my best units got killed, possibly due to lance/axe/swordreaver, which come on several flyers and they are good at picking their targets...

The only chapter that made me seriously want to just end the game completely was FE6, Chapter 14, the Nabata Desert. The most annoying chapter by far.

Most units walking 2 squares a turn? Check.

Sandstorm fog? Check.

2 forced units to use, a so-so promoted one, and a lvl 1 shaman that dies instantly? Check.

Needing to go fast if you want the gaiden chapter and the good ending? Check.

Wyvern riders seeing you and coming to you before you see them, possibly killing a badly placed unit? Check.

3 Dragons you do NOT want to upset? Check.

Strong enemy promoted units + sleep staff? Check.

2 Boss reinforcements, along with 30 barbarians? Check.

In amidst all the above, try to dig up treasures along the entire map? Damn...

Easily took me forever.

Edited by GrySun

I forget what chapter it was specifically, but the chapter in RD where you have to rescue those villagers from the swamp and the game robs you of Jill to add fake difficulty was infurriating.There's also the Black Knight fight in PoR, but everyone thinks that was bullshit.

Certainly don't know the chapter numbers or which games they are in specifically, but the ones that have fog of war AND enemies with killer weapons. That's just FF1 random encounter, ambush and petrified party kinda nonsense.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter 21 in FE6 was pretty much the worst chapter I played so far... because masses of wyvernriders and -lords from nowhere.

It was the first time I played this chapter so I didn't know when and where reinforcements appear.

It was pretty much like 4-4 in FE10 with the small but mighty difference that the reinforcements appear before enemy turn.

So I was fucked, when suddenly wyverns appeared and some weaker units were in their range. I had to restart this chapter at least ten times because of so many deaths.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

• 2 months later...

most chapters of Sword of Seals after chapter 6.

First time on chapter 16 of Blazing Sword because i wanted to get Raven. i heard he's pretty great o3o.

The 17th Paralogue in Awakening.

a few chapters of Genealogy of the Holy War.