Who's your favourite "special" marriage?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. For Female Avatar...

• Priam
    • Yen'fay
    • Basilio
    • Gangrel
    • Walhart
  2. 2. For Male Avatar...

• Say'ri
    • Tiki
    • Anna
    • Emmeryn
    • Aversa
    • Flavia

I'm just curious which "special" marriage is your favourite, if you have one.
These marriages are restricted to only the Avatar (depending on gender) and some are only recruited in DLCs or Spotpass.

The polls are multiple choice, so feel free to vote as much as you'd like.

(If I'm forgetting anyone, feel free to tell me and I'll add them asap.)

For Female Avatar, I'm quite fond of Priam (even if he can't get Aether, it's cool) and Gangrel.

For Male Avatar, I'm less picky and like all of the marriage options (but I'm really attached to Tiki).

Edited by Rohesia

None really for Male Morgan. I voted Priam because I don't know.

For Female Morgan, Tiki gives Manakete (though Nowi/Nah are better), and Anna gives a hilarious mental image of Jake killing Robin.

Anna gives a hilarious mental image of Jake killing Robin.

Unless you believe she's a different Anna. Supposedly there're multiple Anna's, all of them being identical sisters. :P

and Anna gives a hilarious mental image of Jake killing Robin.

I would have thought that Jake would be dead at this point in time... seeing as Awakening is set 2000 years after FE3/12's time.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I would have thought that Jake would be dead at this point in time... seeing as Awakening is set 2000 years after FE3/12's time.

It would be awesome if there were a Jake for every last Anna. Then that would mean there are many different Jakes. New headcanon created: Anna's cheating on Jake when she marries you.

FLAVIA

WIFE

I put a trash vote in for Walhart for the girls but don't honestly care about any of the special girl avatar options.

Walhart for males, by a VERY large margin. It's one of the best supports in the game.

For females, I don't know. Maybe Anna. Yep, Anna.

In order of most favored to least favored:

MaAvatar x Anna - Anna is one of my favorite characters in the entire series, especially in Awakening.

FeAvatar x Gangrel/Walhart - I find both hilarious.

MaAvater x Aversa - I personally don't like Aversa at all, but come on... Dark Magic! :D

Edited by Village King

I put Basilio for feAvatar but i really havent done a "special" marriage for the lady Avatar yet. I voted Basilio cuz i like his sweet Feroxi brown arse.

For the male Avatar, Aversa by far. I like Shadowgift!Morgs.

Alright so I'm going to comment primarily on the female special marriages as those are the ones I have more experience with.

Say'ri - "The call of home" her support conversations revolve around the comforts of home and her culture. She is one of the better romantic supports as the avatar and Say'ri tend to make plans to enjoy each others company and culture. She is a relatively effective combat lead that has galeforce. While she lacks luna she does have kaio ken... err astra and her overall stats are similar to most other characters (overall +2). However her stats lack the more extreme variations of other characters so Morgan will have more balanced stats but none of her stats will reach the same level of offensive punch she would get from other mothers.

Tiki - "Mar Mar" Tiki is a legendary figure who lived in the times of great hero's. She mistakes the avatar for Marth on occasion but quickly corrects this as her feelings grow and chooses to settle with the avatar (you bested all other choices over her long life span. How cool is that). If you don't want to marry the jail bait that is Nah, Tiki is the fastest manakete that can mother Morgan (although I wish Morgan would also inherit her outfit). Tiki as a unit can play a decent supporting role but her lack of galeforce makes her a weaker lead. The male avatar generally wants to be the support for his wife so this does cause a bit of conflict but it still works. In the cases of the manakete marriages I prefer Tiki.

Anna - "I'm a whimsical girl!" This support pairing is a lot of fun and really fits Anna's personality. Her stats also tend to make a lot of sense for her character (she's lucky!). Anna ends up being similar to Tiki in being relegated to a support character but she has lower overall stats (+2 while tiki has +5). However Anna has a unique mix of classes that make her a lot of fun to play. Also she is probably the only character that can properly secure the avatars financial future (think about it).

Emmeryn "Love... you..." Uggh, these support conversations bug me. I can't help but feel guilty trying to court Emmeryn, as if I'm taking advantage of her by doing so. As a character she has the highest magic modifier of any first gen character and she makes a great lead for your avatar to support due to galeforce. While she does lack an offensive proc she is basically a better version of Lissa and grants the gift of blonde hair.

Aversa "I'm the devoted type" Aversa is a complex character, while she is basically the fan service succubus of the game I ended up enjoying learning about Validar's deceptions and Aversa's struggles to fit in. Aversa has really good stats for a mage and has the unique shadow gift skill. She passes on good genetics to Morgan and allows you to have 2 dark tome sages/dark fliers/dark knights on the field. As a unit she is very strong and has a reasonable offensive proc. Heck one of the tomes is even named after her! I enjoyed her both mechanically and as a character, although I wish you could get her earlier then the last mission of the game.

Flavia "Become my Tactician" Flavia has a really good support conversation, trying to lure you in with the prospects of a job when really she just has an eye for the avatar. Flavia is a decent unit but she only has +1 overall, which is a shame as she is supposed to be a powerful Khan. She has Luna and Dual guard but no galeforce. Still it certainly gives Morgan a shot at being a Khan which is a thing. I don't like Flavia too much :\

Of the males only Walhart stands out, his unique skill and high str/def makes for an interesting male morgan. But like I said I don't have very much experience with them.

You know, I don't really like any of the "special" women marriages.

There's just something frustrating with each of them except for Tiki.

I mean I wanted to marry Anna and have laughs with it... But then I got that line:

"You'll always be number two."

...That just really killed marrying the Goddess.

Ikue Ohtani also makes me like Tiki a lot.

...As for the males... Walmart.

Corporate takeover of the world.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm honestly surprised how many of you like Yen'fay. I thought for the longest time he wasn't loved and overshadowed by Priam and/or Gangrel, so this makes me happy because I really love his design, and his character.

You know, I don't really like any of the "special" women marriages.

There's just something frustrating with each of them except for Tiki.
I mean I wanted to marry Anna and have laughs with it... But then I got that line:
"You'll always be number two."

...That just really killed marrying the Goddess.

Ikue Ohtani also makes me like Tiki a lot.

...As for the males... Walmart.
Corporate takeover of the world.

Again with surprises, I'm surprised Anna is pretty popular. Not that I don't like her character or anything, mind you.
But yeah, that line and her confession did kind of kill it for me. As much as I love making money myself, I wouldn't put it above a human being.

I adore Tiki's Japanese and English voice actresses. They're really refreshing and different from what I'm used to hearing in female characters. Tiki's probably my favourite "special" wife because she has more character and, you could argue, development. Her past companions (and possibly first love) died when she was in that forced sleep, and then she's introduced to the story waking up and mistaking Lucina for "Mar-mar." Just stab my heart a bunch of times why don't you?

P.S. Gotta say, I love the Walhart name jokes. xD

Edited by Rohesia

• 11 months later...