I <3 Serenes Forest

just btw, you're not just racist, you're also totally wrong. asians being "shorter" is related to very one-sided nutrition for generations past going back thousands of years. the average height for children of asian immigrants (and children in japan, which is diversifying its diet a fair bit) has been on the rise for the past few decades.

your second point is laughable. what the fuck do you mean?

really, this whole thing seems like you were trying to justify your racist as fuck idea that black people are dumber. i am almost entirely sure this is the case. the glaceon mage guy too. good job, lol

I'm... not going to start a debate here.

If anything I said was offensive, I apologize.

omg dude you're just digging a deeper grave

please continue telling us about people of color

I'm not tryyyiiing toooooo. ;n;

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't judge immediately on basis of race. There is a difference.

However, I did notice racial tendencies in class placement. That's all I'm saying.

So you don't judge immediately on the basis of race, but rather on the class placements in high school?

Yg9I7.gif

not you neal the other dope

EDIT: as usual you've proven that you're just clueless, but also harmless. this guy could be fun!

Edited by Integrity

Right, because starting a debate means you are still clinging to your side after being informed of its wrongness.

Best to realize you were in error, which I believe you have, and take that as a learning experience.

And don't try and justify even an inkling. It's obvious you didn't mean to, you don't have to defend that. Further defending the point makes for flame bait ^_^

Well developing better lung capacity at a high altitude is an environmental adaptation and not a genetic predisposition, no?

So if we think about it that way and you imagine how many young black students pretty much start having no chance to better themselves at all, you have no control group to even figure out if there is a genetic predisposition based on race.

The playing field isn't even, use white folk have made sure of that since we freed the slaves.

we also made them slaves in the first place

I could also imagine there possibly being some MINUSCULE difference between races. Something like how girls can have a slightly higher iq than guys on average (less than a .1 difference, mind you). And there's nothing wrong with being curious...

that's also assuming that iq is an unbiased measurement

which it isn't

Edited by Integrity

omg dude you're just digging a deeper graveplease continue telling us about people of color

It's not my fault some are placed lower. I'm not the person who placed them. Do not pin the blame on me, please.

What's more, I never specified my exact obsevation.

Remember, all I said was that I passively observed this in my everyday life.

The reason Asians, Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, etc. achieve different levels of academic achievement is primarily a cultural thing, I'd say.

True true.

I was forced to read a book about Chinese parenting for classes once. The daughters both became very good students even though they hated it on occasion, and even say they intend to raise their own children like that.

Culture definitely has something to do with it.

not you neal the other dope

EDIT: as usual you've proven that you're just clueless, but also harmless. this guy could be fun!

;________;

TE says that all the time...

Right, because starting a debate means you are still clinging to your side after being informed of its wrongness.

Best to realize you were in error, which I believe you have, and take that as a learning experience.

And don't try and justify even an inkling. It's obvious you didn't mean to, you don't have to defend that. Further defending the point makes for flame bait ^_^

O-okay. You're right. I'll just leave it.

No defending, because flame bait.

It's not my fault some are placed lower. I'm not the person who placed them. Do not pin the blame on me, please.

Remember, all I said was that I passively observed this in my everyday life.True true.

remember, the default stance is not posting

posting is the active stance

you made the conscious decision that we had to be informed of your observations

I don't judge immediately on basis of race. There is a difference.

However, I did notice racial tendencies in class placement. That's all I'm saying.

my fucking face when

It really does.

I have 'friends' in school who like to point out the fact I'm black and crack jokes about how I'm 'white' since I'm not into the stereotypes that are present. ;/

I really hate it

god that is so shitty.

you said something stupid. i was pointing that out to you. a debate about this would probably end disastrously for you considering what you've already said, so that's probably for the best

Remember, all I said was that I passively observed this in my everyday life.True true.

please go into detail about what you meant, then, what you observed, and what your conclusion is. please.

it probably hits kind of close to zm though

just sayin

i'm sure it does. prejudice can get to any sort of person.

I have always wondered though. What causes people to hate another race when they have no reason to?

they have a reason, and this isn't just related to race...people mistreat people that feel like some sort of freak because of associating undesirable behavior to a group...ANY group

omg dude you're just digging a deeper grave

please continue telling us about people of color

these subjects are very difficult to talk about really...we can speak up and say misleading things about subjects like these.

It really does.

I have 'friends' in school who like to point out the fact I'm black and crack jokes about how I'm 'white' since I'm not into the stereotypes that are present. ;/

I really hate it

well they're annoying and should leave you alone :L

Academic performance tends to improve as the sample [selection] you observe climbs the income bracket, as does quality of life and access to all manner of resources (such as internet, health, etc)

Edited by Rehab

you said something stupid. i was pointing that out to you. a debate about this would probably end disastrously for you considering what you've already said, so that's probably for the best

Okay~! ^~^

That's good, because I really don't want to start anything ugly.

I hate it when that happens, honestly.

i'm sure it does. prejudice can get to any sort of person.

my point was more that i interpreted your post as "yeah racism is bad but we'd just find another excuse if we didn't have racism" which is a really insensitive thing to say directly to someone who has experienced racism targeted at themselves

if i misread your post i am sorry!

I dunno, "I'm not racist but..." is probably a worse prefix.

I'm not racist but I'm racis-FUCKDAMMIT

So you made an observation, tied it to race, and now do not expect to receive any sort of rebuttal for a claim with so little legitimate context it might as well be considered baseless?

Yg9I7.gif

Oh, fantastic, please do...

I was forced to read a book about Chinese parenting for classes once. The daughters both became very good students even though they hated it on occasion, and even say they intend to raise their own children like that.

Culture definitely has something to do with it.

This did not give a context. All it did was say "I read a book one time so I am absolutely capable of making claims based on a trend I noticed in my high school".

I'm not trolling you here, this is an un-winnable argument. Absolutely and utterly impossible to defend yourself on this one.

my point was more that i interpreted your post as "yeah racism is bad but we'd just find another excuse if we didn't have racism" which is a really insensitive thing to say directly to someone who has experienced racism targeted at themselves

if i misread your post i am sorry!

well then that was my mistake for saying the wrong thing, since i really meant to say that all prejudice is terrible

fuck I saw the thread title and I thought this would be a happy thread with like

rainbows

and sunshine

actually forget the thread

but BACK IN REALITY I'm just starting the second page and screw you guys

remember, the default stance is not postingposting is the active stanceyou made the conscious decision that we had to be informed of your observations

What I didn't like was that you all went directly at Neal. He was curious about something that is possibly true, and from what I've seen, most likely is.

I defended his decision to search that for those reasons. Those observations were unbiased, just what I was exposed to.

Honestly, the racism issue has been blown up terribly. Regardless of what it is, unbiased observation or KKK level activity, people tend to pounce on anything that could be racist. I hate racism. But it exists, and it could be part of the placement I saw as a teen. However, academic level is what I believe to be the biggest factor, not race. If pieces fall as they did, there is Fruity's answer.

realtalk: I can safely say that overall I like SF and legitimately enjoy interacting with most of the people here despite whatever elements I may dislike.

EDIT: apparently semicolons don't work in acronym tags

Edited by Euklyd

This did not give a context. All it did was say "I read a book one time so I am absolutely capable of making claims based on a trend I noticed in my high school".

I'm not trolling you here, this is an un-winnable argument. Absolutely and utterly impossible to defend yourself on this one.

i'm not very knowledgeable in this of course but i think glaceon was just trying to say something about how asians having pressures of education imposed on them more harshly will generally place higher in an academic setting. something like that. it doesn't look like they were making a statement about intelligence because well we all know school systems are wonky anyhow.

Edited by xXHeartbreakXx