Thracia 776 keyring

Siskan

Hello. I just bought this keyring from Japan and thought I'd share it with you, in case there is any interest (it wasn't listed on the merchandise section on the main site). Also, in case anybody has any clue of its background it would be appreciated if you would tell us what you know. The seller didn't provide any information.

jpnh5r-img600x600-1400892485ogrekq41929.

Neat find, I'm not sure where that came from. Perhaps Thracia 776 Deluxe Edition? I looked it up and saw no mention of a keyring, though.

That is very neat; I don't think I've seen it before.

Is there a photo of the back? It's possible there's a barcode there that might have a clue.

I do know there's a Thracia 776 pin set that's kind of similar, but not sure where that came from either. It had an authentic-looking barcode, so didn't look like a fake or imitation. Too bad I got outbidded D:

It's not from the deluxe set, I'm sure.

There is no photo of the back, but I'll inspect it once it arrives.

Though I can only guess, it doesn't look like something you'd buy in regular stores, mainly because of the case that comes with it. I'd expect a keyring sold in a store to come loose or slapped onto a sheet of cardboard and covered with transparent plastic (without the case) or such. I don't think it's unique either, but likely some kind of giveaway or post/e-mail order item? It shouldn't be super common since I've been browsing auctions etc. for Fire Emblem related items regularly for the past ten years without ever seeing one before.

The pins sound interesting, do you have a picture?

Edit: Was it this pin? Seems to come along with a telephone card in a similar case (shown in another tiny picture).

978008679.jpg

I might as well add that I bought one of these CD singles not too long ago, also from Japan. I think these had a regular release, but mine has a sticker covering the barcode saying "SAMPLE Not for sale". Does anyone know under which circumstances these appear?

13567-1242943208.jpg

Edited by Siskan

It's not from the deluxe set, I'm sure.

There is no photo of the back, but I'll inspect it once it arrives.

Though I can only guess, it doesn't look like something you'd buy in regular stores, mainly because of the case that comes with it. I'd expect a keyring sold in a store to come loose or slapped onto a sheet of cardboard and covered with transparent plastic (without the case) or such. I don't think it's unique either, but likely some kind of giveaway or post/e-mail order item? It shouldn't be super common since I've been browsing auctions etc. for Fire Emblem related items regularly for the past ten years without ever seeing one before.

The pins sound interesting, do you have a picture?

Edit: Was it this pin? Seems to come along with a telephone card in a similar case (shown in another tiny picture).

I might as well add that I bought one of these CD singles not too long ago, also from Japan. I think these had a regular release, but mine has a sticker covering the barcode saying "SAMPLE Not for sale". Does anyone know under which circumstances these appear?

Yes, it was the pin and telephone card set. I have better pictures on my other comp, including a pic of the back.

Nice, I didn't realise there were hardcore FE collectable enthusiasts out there. I did use to browse the auction sites frequently way back, but I stopped after I pretty much saw everything D:

Actually, I've limited myself to items related to the Japanese market. Which is quite lucky for me, as I'd be forever doomed to failure considering I'll most likely never get my hands on the falchion replica. Also I really only buy things that interest me, so I'm not that hardcore.

And yes, browsing auction sites is quite boring consdidering the fact you rarely find anything you haven't seen before. Fire Emblem really isn't a series which has seen a lot of commercial offsprings.

I'm currently replacing my games with the Japanese ones as well. Only problem being that the Japanese FE9 is 4:3 only. And even though I'm a fan of challenge, I kind of like the added crit bonuses to certain classes in the international versions.

Only problem being that the Japanese FE9 is 4:3 only.

Even with Progressive Scan, I thought FE9 was only 4:3 in all versions?

Radiant Dawn is the only one with a real widescreen mode that was only for the international versions.

Even with Progressive Scan, I thought FE9 was only 4:3 in all versions?

Radiant Dawn is the only one with a real widescreen mode that was only for the international versions.

Yes, my bad.

Finally got around to grabbing the pin + telephone card pictures.

Image A

Image B

Image C

B shows the back, which I can vaguely make out 2200... Yen? Plus Enterbrain; related to Famitsu somehow?

Which would be kind of awkward, since Enterbrain published TearRing Saga around the same time.

Edited by VincentASM

The image is too small (or blurry/compressed) for me to be able to make out most of the kanji, but what's next to "2200" is not the kanji for yen, though you probably knew that. And I guess that could still be the price. I paid 880 yen for the keyring by the way.

I don't see Enterbrain anywhere, mind pointing it out?

Edit: Ah, right. I can see it now. That's slightly odd. It's probably related to Famitsu somehow then, like you suggested.

Edited by Siskan