Do You Think All Playable SSB4 Characters Will Get Amiibo Figures?

Randoman

Do you think all playable SSB4 characters will get amiibo figures?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think all playable SSB4 characters will get amiibo figures?

• Yes
    • No
    • Almost All of Them Likely Will (above 90% of the playable cast)
    • I Have No Idea

Yes you were. Honestly, it's pointless to debate this if you're going to change your stance on every post.

No, I wasn't. But clearly you're not going to see that, so I'm through trying to explain it.

And why is that? I think we'll be lucky if every Nintendo series gets at least one.

Uh, because a lot of franchises have more than one rep in Smash?

SMTxFE was not among the games they stated will use Amiibos, and frankly, given the nature of the SMT series, I doubt it will.

Way to ignore that I pointed out the image showing masked Lucina. Why would they show an FE character in that image and not make future FE games compatible with Amiibos?

And? Not every FE fan likes Ike or wants an Ike Amiibo. That argument doesn't work.

Then saying the same for Ike doesn't work either. Most fans will want either Marth or Ike, I reckon. Japan will want Marth more, but the west probably would favor Ike. I myself don't want any stupid Marth figure, I want Ike.

Not necessarily true. If the first batch of Amiibos (which will likely include the most popular characters) fails to sell within Nintendo's expectations, it might end up with Nintendo losing money and future batches of Amiibos wouldn't be profitable and thus cancelled. I'm certainly hoping this doesn't happen, but it's a clear possibility.

And surely the most popular characters will sell like crazy. And it was confirmed that more would be released later. I doubt Nintendo would go back on that promise after that. They're probably making the rest of the characters as we speak.

Once again, I was never comparing any series to anything. I simply meant to say that Amiibos shouldn't be limited to one Amiibo per franchise.

And Fire Emblem is going to be on Wii U and use Amiibos too, you know. SMT x FE? The image from E3 showing masked Lucina? I doubt Ike wouldn't be in SMT x FE considering he was shown in front of everyone else in that teaser trailer.

Except you used "my logic" to compare FE to Mario to say Luigi wouldn't get one if Ike doesn't get one. That's a comparison. And a bad one, as we've pointed out.

SMT x FE does help the chances of Ike (and other FE characters) getting an amiibo. Do remember I haven't said Ike is simply not getting an amiibo, just that he isn't at all "guaranteed" one just because Marth got one if we're to assume not all Smash characters will get their own. All Marth getting an amiibo means for Ike is that we don't have to be thinking, "Well, Marth will get one first."

I do think there's a decent chance they at least plan to give amiibos to every Smash character. Whether or not that will eventually happen is up for debate. We've already been told that they aren't all launching at once, so if the initial batch sells poorly, don't expect an Ike amiibo down the line.

IS clearly considers him to be an iconic character in the series and like I said, Ike has his own large fanbase. And not every FE fan likes Marth and will want a Marth figure. There's no reason not to give an Amiibo to every character in Smash regardless. Nintendo will make more money off of a bigger selection.

All of this is either meaningless or untrue. Edited by Red Fox of Fire

And it was confirmed that more would be released later. I doubt Nintendo would go back on that promise after that. They're probably making the rest of the characters as we speak.

Also...

All of this is either meaningless or untrue.

I disagree, obviously.

Edited by Anacybele

First of all we are not certain about SMT x FE being amiibo compatible or yes?. So far MK8 and Mario Party 10 iirc are the games we know will get some amiibos, and their functionality ingame may differ from game to game. So far they've shown that amiibos are kinda "summoned" into battle as companions that aid you, and grow from battle to battle til Lv. 50 if I'm not wrong.

Therefore I assume, as Jave and Red Fox have said, that Ninty'll probably launch the most important amiibos (not necessary every single series will be getting one of them at first) not only for SSB4 but for other titles as well; they'll surely announce more games featuring this compatibility; and afterwards, they might be looking forward to completing the cast depending on the success of the idea of amiibos.

They ARE going to complete the cast. It was stated during E3 that "while not all Amiibos will be available right away on Smash Bros WiI U's release, more will eventually be released."

I don't know why there's any uncertainty that all characters will get Amiibos. A lot will be available right away and with more on the way, I don't see why any characters would be left out.

Edited by Anacybele

They ARE going to complete the cast. It was stated during E3 that "while not all Amiibos will be available right away on Smash Bros WiI U's release, more will eventually be released."

I don't know why there's any uncertainty that all characters will get Amiibos. A lot will be available right away and with more on the way, I don't see why any characters would be left out.

I don't know if that's a verbatim quote, but it doesn't say the entire cast will get an amiibo.

They've also said that the initial batch will be only "around 10 figures." That doesn't sound like a lot to me.

According to the e3 site, there are 14 amiibos that have been shown: Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Pikachu, Fox, Kirby, DK, Pit, Link, Zelda, Villager, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Samus. When Reggie says "about 10" I expected less lol, but 14 is okay.

Yeah, more than ten Amiibos were shown at E3. 14 is kind of a lot to me.

And I'm going to be mad and VERY surprised if they don't make Ike, Luigi, and Toon Link.

Edited by Anacybele

So for those of you that think there'll be an amiibo figure of every playable SSB4 character, I'm wondering, do you also think that there'll be an amiibo figure of every playable Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party 10 character as well? (Eg: they'll have koopaling and baby figurines for Mario Kart 8, and they'll have Daisy, Waluigi, and Koopa figurines which are compatible with both games) I'm asking since people seem a little too optimistic about the full SSB4 cast getting amiibo figures, and I'm wondering if they share that same optimism for the full Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party 10 cast getting amiibo figures (I mean, any Mario related amiibo figures are bound to be compatible with more games than amiibo figures that aren't Mario related, due to the Mario series getting a lot of games in general. So it'd make sense for even spinoff Mario characters like Daisy and Waluigi to get their own amiibo due to the amount of games they'd be compatible with, much more so than someone like Wii Fit Trainer or even Marth, admittingly).

Nintendo might not be making amiibo of the 3rd party characters in SSB4, due to legality and licensing reasons and issues. Plus, it'd be rather costly licensing them twice (once for Smash Bros. and another for amiibo).

Also, they might be skipping out on making amiibo of Mii Fighters, due to them being indeterminate and not having a canon design. Plus, programming them as amiibo might be too complex.

First of all we are not certain about SMT x FE being amiibo compatible or yes?. So far MK8 and Mario Party 10 iirc are the games we know will get some amiibos

Yeah, there's no news on SMT x FE being amiibo compatible. I just listed the game as an example of a game that might be compatible with Fire Emblem amiibo figures.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Yoshi's Woolly World were also listed as amiibo compatible games at E3.

And I'm going to be mad and VERY surprised if they don't make Ike, Luigi, and Toon Link.

Seeing how all of the amiibo compatible games announced so far were Mario related in one way or another, I'm insanely sure Luigi will get an amiibo figure, especially since he's one of the most popular and iconic Mario universe characters.

Ike and Toon Link are popular enough to warrant their own amiibo figures, but I wouldn't say they're as guaranteed as Luigi is.

I do not think every playable SSB4 character will get an amiibo figure. But I am at least hoping Ike gets one. If not, I'd settle for Marth or Link.

I hope they all will, but somehow I get the impression that they won't. Assuming they don't, I'm anticipating like 1-2 characters from each respective franchise max, and possibly not all franchises represented (in terms of the retro series like ROB's stuff, Ice Climber, etc).