Could Limstella had been modeled after Aenir?

Strix

As everyone whose played Blazing Sword would know, Nergal's main drive in the story is power, starting with his wife Aenir's kidnapping.

Nergal:

I have power now. Nothing else matters. I will open the Dragon's Gate and get even more power… The power to defeat anyone. Power…

Nergal must have felt guilt over not being able to save Aenir. And after his fall into darkness, he began to create morphs to further his goals of now obtaining access to the Dragon's Gate, especially his strongest morph, Limstella, who acted as a collector of Quintessence for Nergal.

Nergal:

I have given you magic stronger than any seen on the continent. Through this magic, you have gained much power. Perfect strength and perfect beauty. You are my masterpiece, Limstella.

Limstella:

I am not human. This body and this heart are constructs. Yes, as is this sorrow.

Limstella, in Nergal's words, possesses his ideal strength and beauty. Her beauty could be one that Nergal had encountered before; he could have thought the same for Aenir. The power Limstella posesses (Fimbulvetr) might be Nergal's fruits from his obsession and search for power. Nergal had even given her the ability to feel emotions, suggesting that he designed Limstella with something special in mind. Maybe companionship?

As a closer, I also drew up a comparison of Limstella and Ninian in the latter and former's palate.

post-11678-0-60160100-1404006299_thumb.png

Notice how similar their eyes are.

Edited by Strix

I'm not feeling this one. Nergal's comments about Limstella's beauty and strength seem more like he was simply admiring his own handiwork. Furthermore, if Nergal had something special in mind when he created Limstella, why would he then turn around and give Limstella more power than her morph body could handle? It's also worth noting that Limstella was not the only morph to display emotions, nor was she the first morph Nergal willingly gave emotions. Kishuna was the first morph to have emotions, and I always got the impression that Limstella was created long after Nergal had forgotten about his family.

I'm also pretty sure IS confirmed that Limstella had no gender despite Limstella being a female sage within the context of the game. I strongly doubt Nergal would have chosen to recreate his wife in a genderless body.

I don't think so.

Seeing as Aenir's kidnapping was essentially the catalyst for all of FE7 to happen, I doubt Nergal would create a morph modeled after her, lavish it with praise, and then knowingly send it on a kamikaze mission on a last ditch effort to stop Eliwood and friends. She was the key to his insanity; he'd at least feel some remorse in sending Limstella out to die like that if he had modelled her after Aenir. Her having Fimbulvetr doesn't really mean much. IS wanted to give the third to last boss a strong weapon.

Him remarking about her perfect strength and beauty seemed more like him admiring his work than him actually feeling affection toward her as, like I said above, if he had modeled her after the person whose impact on his like caused his insanity, he more than likely would not have pumped her up with enough energy to ensure that she'd die regardless of the outcome of her final battle.

The fact that she has feelings doesn't really mean much of anything either. From what we've seen, Kishuna, Ephidel, Sonia, and even the morph versions of the games earlier boss (Linus, Lloyd, etc.) have been able to do so as well.

The eye similarities are interesting but they seem to be more coincidental than anything. Generally when you have a game with any art design at all, you'll find some similarities between characters designed by the same people.

While this theory sounds interesting it really holds little to no weight.

Edited by Shauni

Him remarking about her perfect strength and beauty seemed more like him admiring his work than him actually feeling affection toward her as, like I said above, if he had modeled her after the person whose impact on his like caused his insanity, he more than likely would not have pumped her up with enough energy to ensure that she'd die regardless of the outcome of her final battle.

That still kind of fits, considering that a big part of Nergal's character is how much of himself he's lost.

First, let's check our facts at hand.

1. Nergal and Aenir were happy together with two children.

2. Event occurs with Aenir's kidnap. Unknown whether or not she lives. It is highly likely that she is departed. But no evidence points to it.

3. Nergal goes mad with his incapacity to save his own dragon wife (who we would presume to be in human form to walk with Nergal in peace among some humans.) It is unknown where they lived.

4. Athos, Nergal's oldest friend, discovers his obsession. He attempts to diversity him away but fails resulting in Nergal killing his own race and dragons for powers.

5. It is assumed Nergal lose memories of Aenir at this time just as Bramimond did when he/she/it went along the same route.

6. Athos forms a band of humans and dragons to stop Nergal's insanity and succeed, it is unknown whether or not Athos spared him.

7. Nergals retreats to hiding when Athos wasn't looking.

8. Nergal creates his first Morph, Kishuna and deems it a failure. It is presumed that Kishuna was Renault's best friend.

9. Nergal finalize his favorite morph, Limstella. Nergals mumble things about Aenir during then.

10. Nergal then later creates Sonia and Ephidel and sends them on their missions.

11. Nergal appears at various location being overwhelmed by strange and foggy memories of Aenir. (Chapter 19xx and more) It is assumed that he is vague of Aenir's personification.

12. Comments about Limstella being perfect and idealistic of the beauty and power in his image.

13. On his death, he wonders why he wanted power only to remember one word 'Aenir'.

So that's that. Limstella is a foggy image of Nergal's wife though not to the fullest, so Limstella is not Aenir. Limstella is simply a poor shell of what Nergal can barely remembers of Aenir in his insanity. So it's a false child art. (Like an amateur trying to copy a professional artwork.)

Again, this is just what facts show of what happened to Nergal in a timeline, it is not evidence, as we don't know if it's implied.

Edit:

I am a fan of Aenir however, so I'd like to know a bit more about her in a sequel, or perhap presequel at time of Scouring, of FE7 even if only little more.

Edit2: Rechecking FE wiki, fixed that Sonia and Ephidel came later after Limstella.

Edited by Fateborn

So that's that. Limstella is a foggy image of Nergal's wife though not to the fullest, so Limstella is not Aenir. Limstella is simply a poor shell of what Nergal can barely remembers of Aenir in his insanity. So it's a false child art. (Like an amateur trying to copy a professional artwork.)

Not to mention Nergal's interactions with Ninian and Nils. For the entire game he couldn't recall that they were his children, even though he saw them in the flesh and witnessed one transform into an ice dragon. Now, Limstella was made centuries before the events of Blazing Sword; If Nergal could barely recall what his wife looked like then, there was no way he could remember what his children looked like.

Why would he remember his children because he barely recalls Aenir? Those are two different memories.

Edit: Unless you're referencing to the appearance, then yes, I suppose so.

Edited by Fateborn

I support this theory, for example Limstella even has seemingly pointed ears which is a typical attribute of manaketes. But the end of the day, its all speculatory, and people are bound to have different opinions :P

• 3 weeks later...

Limstella even has seemingly pointed ears which is a typical attribute of manaketes.

http://fireemblemblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/limstella.jpg

The one visible ear is decidedly not pointed. :|

Do we know that Aenir had green hair? Nils and Ninian might have inherited their green hair from Nergal.

I think most people assume Ninian and Nils got their hair color from their mother because light blues and teals are oftentimes associated with ice. It's worth noting that Nergal's hair color is similar (but darker), and I can't think of a single playable manakete whose hair color coincided with their dragon transformation.

http://fireemblemblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/limstella.jpg

The one visible ear is decidedly not pointed. :|

I think most people assume Ninian and Nils got their hair color from their mother because light blues and teals are oftentimes associated with ice. It's worth noting that Nergal's hair color is similar (but darker), and I can't think of a single playable manakete whose hair color coincided with their dragon transformation.

I was referring to the in-game portrait, I'm not even sure about it now, just my perception but yeah you're right about the official art lol

What about Nasir an Ena? Unless you're referring to Elibian manaketes

Edited by Haku

Do we know that Aenir had green hair? Nils and Ninian might have inherited their green hair from Nergal.

That's true. The hair colors of Manaketes in human form don't look like they're tied to any particular tribe of Dragons. I mean, sure. Naga, Tiki (and by extension, Tiki!Morgan) have green hair and are Divine Dragons, but green isn't the only hair that's seen on any of the Divine Dragon series in the series. I mean, you've got Xane who has red hair, Fae who has purple hair, and Idun who has silver hair. Heck, even Nah, assuming that she is indeed a Divine Dragon, has the widest color range of any Divine Dragon Manakete in the series due to her father choices. Edited by Just call me Al

Personally, I figured Ninian inherited her mum's hair, while Nils got Nergal, not because boys inherit their fathers hair or anything, but Ninian's hair is a lot lighter while Nils is closer to Nergal's. (I recolored Limstella with Ninian's haircolor, specifically)

RhALJZf.png

(I'd honestly say you could almost call Ninians hair just white, but her OA has more blueish hair)

Also, I just realized every single one of their names starts with N lol

Edited by L95

• 2 weeks later...