Fire Emblem 8 Palette Help

Furyhaven

Alright, so my problem is with Erika and Epheraim's palettes. I have seen that this has been talked about before, but the asker I was reading knew a bit more than I.

One of the options suggested was to repoint Erika and Epheraim's palettes to a new location, and set up a custom palette there. I don't quit know how to do this because the FE8 Battle Palette Reference doesn't list Erika or Epheraim, so I don't know where to set the new pointer.

The easiest method I could think of was editing the color palette of the 5 attack sheets themselves, for the Lord class seems to load its palette from there. The problem I am having here is when I try to reinsert the attack sheets, FEditor Advanced tells me I have more than 16 colors, and wont let me insert. Then I opened up Usenti, and did my recoloring there with hopes of staying below colors, and I changed the three colors I wanted to change, and saved. FEditor Adv still is giving me the more than 16 colors message, and I'm not sure how. I used the Requantize option in Usenti and set it to 16 colors, same result. Usenti is also saving the sheets I edit without a blank background, its that green color that represents blankness usually. I'm not sure if this matters.

On an semi-unrelated note, I would also like to know if it's possible to insert battle animations into FE 8 without replacing another existing animation. This isn't quit as important to me as of now though.

Edited by Furyhaven

• 3 years later...