Reinforcing pointless/one word posts

Florete

The staff has noticed that a lot more people have been doing one word posting, things such as "lol," "yes," and using someone's post and just saying "this."

This has to stop. We haven't been cracking down on recently, but as of this announcement, we will be deleting any one word posts or posts we deem meaningless to the topic at hand. If it becomes a problem with any members, expect to be warned. This also applies to replying with only smilies.

I don't care what the word is, one word is not enough. We encourage at least a full sentence or two, and that isn't very hard. If you agree entirely with someone's post, quote them, but add something to it. And I've seen methods of getting past this to avoid being noticed. Nice try, you'll be noticed.

If I missed anything, another staff member will cover it. Like Arc just did.

Edited by Fox

I also plan on cracking down on trolling/flaming/being an ass. FFtF is a pointless spam board, but it doesn't make that sort of thing legal.

I also plan on cracking down on trolling/flaming/being an ass. FFtF is a pointless spam board, but it doesn't make that sort of thing legal.

Yes, this should be noted as well. Spam isn't the same as saying whatever the hell you feel like saying.

I'd like to add before I forget:

If you get warned and you strongly feel you didn't deserve it, I don't care. If I gave you the warn in the first place, it won't matter what you think. The only way I'll repeal it is special circumstances (ie: I'm mad because of school is not a valid excuse) or if there's a misunderstanding.

You can always go to another mod if the original one rejects your contest. Don't go to vincent over something trivial like a moderation. Unless we refer you to of course.

But if you accept it, you'll have the warn removed in half the time. (2 weeks, and not 4) And if I forget to, then you PM me to remind me.

Edited by Metal Arc

If you do have any concerns regarding your warn, please go to the one who warned you first. If I didn't warn you, don't go behind the others backs and try to get me to overturn it. I will just ignore it.

Sometimes, I post with only a picture that relates to the topic, whether humorous or not, I'm wondering if that's still permitted. (Or if it was never permitted, I apologize.)

Honestly, I'm not very good at expressing myself, but I myself hate one word posts and if picture posts are similar, then I'm a hypocrite.

Just needed to let that out.

I'm not sure about the two weeks thing, but Metal Arc is right; don't complain, just live with it.

Yeah I agree with Fox, getting Warned, it is not as like your going to pay a fine or end up in jail :lol:

I might do post short post like that once in a while :unsure:..... But i will try to stop doing them and add more words. :D

Edited by Slayer

Sometimes, I post with only a picture that relates to the topic, whether humorous or not, I'm wondering if that's still permitted. (Or if it was never permitted, I apologize.)

Personally, I think so, but that could be because I go to another forums where posting image macros qualify as a ban-able/probation offense.