HELP, Should I get an Awakening Limited Edition 3DS Fire Emblem or the 3DS XL version ?

there is a 3ds XL version? I generally hear the XL tends to be better than the regular 3ds. I enjoyed more at a demo station as well. You should get the XL.

I don't know how much it costs in NA/EU.

The JPN limited console costs at least 3,600 RMB (about 580 USD) in China before it gets sold out.

If the price is crazy I'll not recommend buying it.

Edited by MelonGx

I have the XL and it's awesome, but beware of region-locking as PAL territories *sometimes* get the shaft. Like we're still waiting for Shin Megami Tensei IV (although Americans are waiting for Layton vs Wright) and we're never getting Rune Factory 4 (because Neverland went bankrupt).

The regular 3DS is all nice and shiny though : D~

I have the XL and it's awesome, but beware of region-locking as PAL territories *sometimes* get the shaft. Like we're still waiting for Shin Megami Tensei IV (although Americans are waiting for Layton vs Wright) and we're never getting Rune Factory 4 (because Neverland went bankrupt).

The regular 3DS is all nice and shiny though : D~

This is the big reason. The XL is a nice thing, but remember that getting the Fire Emblem one means being locked to the European stuff for everything except regular DS games. Everything else (3DS games, eShop stuff, DSi enhanced DS games) is locked to Europe.

If one lives in Europe, all the more power. But that 3DS XL isn't that special compared to other limited edition designs. At least the regular Fire Emblem 3DS is a color not easily found outside of Japan and there's a bit more than what looks like one decal.

If you're in North America, the FE edition 3DS is only available in the regular size. I'd recommend getting it anyway because it's absolutely beautiful and it would cost you less than buying an XL and Awakening separately.

If you're in Europe, then an FE edition 3DS XL DOES exist, but it's ugly. It's just a normal blue XL with a fancy logo plastered on the lid. It's not really anything special unlike the American edition.

If you're in North America, the FE edition 3DS is only available in the regular size. I'd recommend getting it anyway because it's absolutely beautiful and it would cost you less than buying an XL and Awakening separately.

Where are you finding the NA 3ds so cheap? Everywhere I look it's $300-$500 new.

Where are you finding the NA 3ds so cheap? Everywhere I look it's $300-$500 new.

Uh, because I only paid $220 for it? And brand new?

EDIT: Oh you said WHERE, not WHY. My bad. I bought mine at GameStop. It was preordered though, which might explain it.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, if you want to get one now you need to be prepared to shell out some serious dough. They aren't something you buy because it's convenient/you think they're pretty/it's only a few extra dollars, they're well into the collectors/diehard fans only range.

Didn't stop me from shelling out for one, though.

• 3 weeks later...