Does killing the enemy Peg. Knights bother anyone?

blogger

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Integrity, July 30, 2014 - what the fuck
Hidden by Integrity, July 30, 2014 - what the fuck

They're all supposed to be female, right? Judging from the ones on the player's side, cute little girls too. I mean, you're basically mowing down hordes of Thanys and Florinas.

Thany.pngFlorina.png

OK. I suppose Vanessa isn't as adorable.

Vanessa.gif

Most of the games feature some kind of female boss unit, but the plot usually goes out of its way to make them "evil." This is comically so with Sonia (FE7) and Petrine (FE9).

Honestly, if there was capture-and-rape option, I would never killed them. But that option belongs to another game, haha.

Actually, they're all female healers, so that brings suspect on the whole thing...

Whats odd is that Jagen says the clerics have been rescued upon completion when there was no prior mention of the Clerics being forced to aid Khadein.

Also as mentioned earlier, Ellerean's soldiers continue attacking after he's recruited in the DS remake.

Most are in FE4, I won't list them all, but some notable ones are some of the Freege mages, the dragon knight squad in chapter 8, etc.

FE4 and FE5 are the only game I know of to regularly to include female generic enemies outside of female only classes. You even faced a female hero(only one in the game aside from Larcei's replacement) in the chapter where you fought Travant!

Edited by Emperor Hardin

I mean, look at Sigune and Catalena, they're the standard peg knights I would think of. I don't have a problem with killing any kind of normal soldier like that.

I think the problem is that most FE games throw little children at you to use as soldiers (Ryan, Yubello, Nino, Erk, Edward, most of FE6 & FE9, etc etc) that are like, what, 14-15 years old? I'd have a problem killing kids no matter what gender they were.

Compare a druid like Ray to druids like Pereth or Teodor. Or a general like Wendy/Amelia to generals like Lundgren or Cervantes. I don't think there's any way to generalize what kind of enemy you're fighting.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think an enemy's gender should change how you feel about killing them, that would be a little sexist. I would understand if they were just cute little girls, but the cute little girl peg knights you get are all in training. An army's peg knights would be trained adults, like Vanessa.

• 2 weeks later...

In the world of FE, people are in war, and the saying "All is fair in Love and War" pretty much kinda applies what happens.

Soldiers were trained to not only fight, but to put their lives on the line. Because war is a "live-or-die" situation.

In short, it doesn't really bother me. If a soldier is ready to fight in a war, then they also have to be ready to die. War has no guarantees.

Also, this topic seems to be implying helmet-faced soldiers and snaggletoothed bandits aren't cute. what the heck

Thread confirmed for bandit shaming. Reporting.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't bother me anyway...

Any red unit means I'll get to enjoy smearing the battlefield with their blood and make a pretty painting out of it while piling up a huge body count.

Doesn't bother me anyway...

Any red unit means I'll get to enjoy smearing the battlefield with their blood and make a pretty painting out of it while piling up a huge body count.

Cactus, I'm scared.