Am I the only one that gets their games taken away?

Junkhead

My mother does that, to punish me. Granted, it's not 24x7 that I mess up for her to do that (she's generally really tolerant), but when it does happen...no Wii/3DS/GC, etc.

I mean, am I the only one who gets this done to? Also, I've never been allowed to play games on weekdays.

My friends say it as if it's something incredibly awkward and make it seem as if my mother is too strict (when she isn't, I just happen to make mistakes).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get my games taken away when I am being punished. That being said, my mother doesn't allow me to play video games during school days, only weekends and holidays. I don't find it to be too bad though.

Nope, haven't lived with my parents since my 17th birthday and even when I did, I never had my games taken away.

Isn't that illegal?

I don't get my games taken away when I am being punished. That being said, my mother doesn't allow me to play video games during school days, only weekends and holidays. I don't find it to be too bad though.

I suppose it isn't terrible, but, it may not even be necessary if you do your homework and get decent grades (not my case, ever).

Isn't that illegal?

I don't really care if it is. I left of my own accord and could support myself. I'm 18 now so it is a moot point anyway.

I suppose it isn't terrible, but, it may not even be necessary if you do your homework and get decent grades (not my case, ever).

Haha, my grades tend to range from low 80s to mid 90s, but she doesn't change her mind. I don't really mind all that much to be honest.

I don't really care if it is. I left of my own accord and could support myself. I'm 18 now so it is a moot point anyway.

It's cool that you can. I salute you.

However, on my end, I need to at least finish high school first (on my last year, we're halfway through the year, as of now) so I can get a chance of having a legal job that isn't McDonald's. And things here, are nowhere as cheap in the U.S- Not that I pretend to assume that I know how everything works there...

When I was younger, yes.

Glad to know I wasn't alone, I guess...I GUESS.

The fact that I'm 18 doesn't mean I can do whatever I want without being in risk of being kicked out of my house, you know.

How don't people get that.

see: "wipped"

Edited by jorgito

I used to could only play video games on the weekends only until around my University years where I was free to play whenever I want. It honestly isn't that bad. It's just know when to self control.

lol if you don't get your way just hit your parents. i hit my mom whenever she tries to punish me.

this you gotta assert your dominance dude

learn some judo kicks ban your mom from being able to walk around for a month man

lol if you don't get your way just hit your parents. i hit my mom whenever she tries to punish me.

this you gotta assert your dominance dude

learn some judo kicks ban your mom from being able to walk around for a month man

I'm scared... ;~; Parents are OP

The fact that I'm 18 doesn't mean I can do whatever I want without being in risk of being kicked out of my house, you know.

How don't people get that.

see: "wipped"

Dude. By the time i was 18, any kind of punishment of that nature was pretty much null. While i did have a curfew imposed on me at that age, i had many other liberties such as not getting "groundings" or things taken away if i got into a disagreement with my parents.

sorry, but are you being serious?

I seriously hope not. |:

Topic: When i was a kid, yes. My Nintendo would be revoked if i shit disturbed too hard. Its a common form of punishment.

the last time i got my NDS confiscated, which was many years ago, i don't think i ever got it back, because after some point i didn't care enough to want it back.

you will look reflect on it, and you will think that it was silly in the first place that you got your gaming paraphernalia confiscated, i.e. it's your own damn fault. i'm really surprised that anyone would consider this to be a strict punishment.

the last time i got my NDS confiscated, which was many years ago, i don't think i ever got it back, because after some point i didn't care enough to want it back.

You maybe could've sold it for a tiny fee...

no, but it doesn't really happen to me anymore (I think it rarely happened in the first place, tbh...) since I'm too old and I buy my own stuff so it wouldn't be fair for them to take it from me >>;

I know some strict families can be veeery... well, strict about when people play and stuff, it's kinda sad/stinks and I feel bad, but at the same time it's probably for their own good since a lot of people can't do things responsibly (whether it's playing games, watching TV, drugs, whatever, people tend to not know when to call it quits etc.)

as far as hurting your parents goes, that's terrible and anyone who does anything like that has absolutely no respect from me from one human being to another (though if they're that kind of person in the first place I doubt they care at all). getting into arguments? ok, fine, I get mad at my parents sometimes, but I "admit" I'm wrong even when I'm not and I apologize even when I'm not sorry because my parents went through things I can't even imagine to raise me and I do not want to go down in history as some unappreciative, spoiled, immature, and overall annoying and pathetic kid who bit the hand that fed them or w/e

granted some people might have legit bad parents so eh

and likewise parents shouldn't hit their kids though some people kinda need it so I can kinda understand why they would >_>; for some people a little pain goes a long way and/or is the only punishment that gets to people

/rant

idk what im saying even more

good thing I will forget this topic existed as soon as I'm done posting