ZemZem

So I had an idea about X/Y and Serenes Forest right now. Perhaps we can have a battle tourney here, and see who the top battler of the forest can be. It'll be a fun experience, I'm sure, and perhaps this can net us all more friendships and Friend Safari mons?

Rules:

1. Standard Doubles rules of the Battle Maison will apply here.

2. Best two out of three.

3. If you can't play in X/Y, battle your opponent on Showdown.

4. Full teams of six, but four per match.

5. Good luck and have fun.

First round:

cOnacMx.gif
Edited by ZM©

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pokemon tourney? It sounds like an interesting idea, and could probably be done. Dunno if I'd actually participate, though, because I'm not too good with Pokemon to be an effective battler.

Also, would it be round robin or a bracket style tournament?

round robin is just *everyone fights everyone, and the person with the most wins is the winner," pretty much. It allows everyone to get the same amount of battles and experience in, but it could take a while to finish, honestly.

round robin is just *everyone fights everyone, and the person with the most wins is the winner," pretty much. It allows everyone to get the same amount of battles and experience in, but it could take a while to finish, honestly.

Wait THAT'S what its called?

I always was told it was called Swiss.

What do I get when I win?

and id recommend Swiss-style, if at all possible.

IF you win. Please don't be high and mighty. :v

Perhaps.

Hmm. No offense, but I prefer bracket style.

Hmm. No offense, but I prefer bracket style.

if you're going bracket style I strongly suggest it be best 2-out-of-3, because getting dropped out becaus e you lost to a stray critical is ass.

I may participate but I don't have the necessary Pokemon to train up currently, yet. I'm definitely down for it though.

Edited by Zephyr

Just clarifying but I'm joining in.

I'll make a point to get too McWifis for the matches.

Also Smogons banlists or Gamefreaks (Item clause, no mascots or event mons, etc.)?

and VASM does Magic Bounce reflect back bans?

To keep things fair and consistent, I'm gonna have each round center around NU, RU, and UU to start off, then have OU start to occur near the end with the final match being an OU one.

To keep things fair and consistent, I'm gonna have each round center around NU, RU, and UU to start off, then have OU start to occur near the end with the final match being an OU one.

Stall UU here we go... *gulp*

Wait, Smogon rules? D:

I might join, but it would have to be anytime after this Sunday, and between 6-10/11 p.m. EST... Yeah... I sort of have a summer job, sooo...

Bracket styles sounds nice, although Smogon sort of is 'meh' to me.

Really, though, VGC (or doubles in general) is my favorite format because you just have so many more options and predictions in a match. Not to mentions Worlds is around the corner.

I'll have to wait 'til the final rules are made before I make my decision. :/