That sprite theft though

Klokinator

So Niharu spotted this, not me. We've been double checking and it looks legit.

http://fewotw.proboards.com/thread/3636/synkkis-sprites

This guy seems to have used a bunch of Vamp's mugs without credit, and possibly others. We thought there were some Merc mugs, but haven't been able to find the correlations. Here are some comparisons for the viewings.

Vamp Mugs:

b131aa1a7ecfb6121e814372bda28c44.png

JOmh.png

A92x.png

JOte.png

Synkkis stuff:

HFKnu26LYchhcT7lMKaF.png

For_Nax.png

Rosa_EDIT2.png

These are the images we've confirmed so far. I should point out that it's not exactly "theft" so much as "uncredited references" but nevertheless, not crediting the good spriters of the community is a no-no and should be frowned upon.

Edit: Oh and there may be a bit of Astra theft too.

ffaa21929cde7f4a798726a6576d4641.png

Edited by Klok

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be blind, but I don't see the relation between Synkki's first mug that you posted and any of the others, but everything else is blatantly obvious. This stuff has to stop, it's art theft. Has anyone brought it to Synkki's attention yet?

I may be blind, but I don't see the relation between Synkki's first mug that you posted and any of the others, but everything else is blatantly obvious. This stuff has to stop, it's art theft. Has anyone brought it to Synkki's attention yet?

The lower part of the torso (where the nipples are) are taken from the FE7X bandit mug.

(I'm p sure the whole body is, but he edited Dieck in too)

Edited by L95

I wanted to post it to see if any of the other mugs in that topic belonged to other people. Vamp and Astra, and maybe Merc seem to be the ones ripped off but there could be others.

Also I updated the post with more stuff so you can see.

Looks like the redhead has a bit of Astra's Anna as well.

Anna.png

Yep

Something I made, really liking the face and just expanded. Decided to give to Nax for whatever nefarious purposes she may have planned. (Hair is mixture between customs of Anna and Cordelia. Body is a custom. All of it heavily edited.)

For_Nax.png

Admits that he used sprites of Anna and Cordelia, doesn't mention the blatant theft of Lady!Jaffar

Edited by Kon

Yeah been looking at all of the topics in their sprite board, and there is simply a shitload of thieves there. I'm not gonna bother naming all of them, but here's a few.

http://fewotw.proboards.com/thread/2451/richters-big-thread-fancy-stuff?page=1
http://fewotw.proboards.com/thread/4115/rogus-sprites?page=1

a6d1b3301348e583a273fdf9b79a6c8c.png

Edited by Klok

Wow, somebody needs to tell the staff of this forum to do something about this crap. I don't see any of my work there so far, but you guys didn't name EVERY thief there, so my stuff still could've been stolen. And I did have my human form Ranulf battle sprite stolen once. Though what had happened there was that the person that made the Minecraft version of my sprite I found was requested to do so by someone that found my sprite and didn't say where they got it. >_>

CKAnpAh.png

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

That palette is so gross

I'm sorry Aeo ;~;

And Ana, people are still combing through the site, so we don't know all of the works they've stolen yet. I at least haven't seen any of yours.

Wow, somebody needs to tell the staff of this forum to do something about this crap. I don't see any of my work there so far, but you guys didn't name EVERY thief there, so my stuff still could've been stolen. And I did have my human form Ranulf battle sprite stolen once. Though what had happened there was that the person that made the Minecraft version of my sprite I found was requested to do so by someone that found my sprite and didn't say where they got it. >_>

One of the thieves is a mod lol

Edited by L95

One of the thieves is a mod lol

Doesn't mean the others are. They need to demod that mod, ban him/her and ban all the other thieves.

Doesn't mean the others are. They need to demod that mod, ban him/her and ban all the other thieves.

That's getting incredibly pitchfork-y. I think the best first step is to build a list, and bring it to their attention. rage doesnt help guys

After that is when we light the torches.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

Well, yeah, I didn't mean to go screaming to the non-thief staff members right away. Building a list of the thieves is indeed the best first step. My bad for not being clear. xP

That's getting incredibly pitchfork-y. I think the best first step is to build a list, and bring it to their attention.

After that is when we light the torches.

make a list tell em to please stop and if they respond politely make a pleasant conversation about the problems of theft of ones creative work without permission.

if they rage at us and or ignore then there legit reasons to get the pitchforks.

I'm pretty sure they only stole from noteworthy spriters up to this point. Your sprites are fairly average, not that that's bad or anything. Most people want to look as good as possible so they steal from the best/most unique mugs before even considering the lower tier ones.