That sprite theft though

Klokinator

I would feel flattered too... IF I gave the person my permission and they credited me. Otherwise, THEY are taking credit for something I made. Which is, as Basilio would say, HELL NO!

Basically, what Siuloir said in a nutshell.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, if someone took a sprite that I had made, and edited it for their own needs, I'd be extremely flattered.

I guess that's just me, though...

We're talking advanced splices and customs. Basic splices are piss easy and honestly you wouldn't be able to tell if someone stole them anyway because the differentiation from the finished product and the parts that made it aren't enough so that the thief would be incapable of claiming that they just used the parts themselves.

Also, it's time, it's the fact that it's someone's work, these people aren't just taking two of your mugs and putting them together so that they can have a character for their story, they're taking them then showing them off in their gallery as if it was their own work.

The point of contention that someone took something that belonged to someone else and didn't state at any point that the product wasn't of their own.

I can't believe they banned you. That's a complete slap in the face. I doubt they'll do shit now.

EDIT: It wasn't much of a bash, as much as pointing out the problems of theft. The PS may have been a little rude but definitely not banworthy. I don't know their CoC but that's completely ridiculous.

Edited by Builder Darros

Well, you basically bashed the entire place. I might ban someone that does that too. xP

If being rude was a bannable offense, then basically all of SF would be gone. Including you.

Well, you basically bashed the entire place. I might ban someone that does that too. xP

Who would ban someone just because they bashed your website? That is completely ignorant, and whoever the mods are of that site should be ashamed. I can only imagine it was some liberal or that Ricther Abend guy thinking, "Oh shit, save my integrity!"

Sang, there's a such thing as being rude to variable degrees. And I said I MIGHT ban the person, not that I definitely would. I'd tell them to stop being rude first and give them a warning or infraction depending on the degree of the rudeness. If they didn't stop, THEN I'd definitely hand them a ban.

Yeah but also going by the degrees of rudeness, Klok really wasn't being that rude? I definitely don't think what he said was a banworthy statement at all, and I don't think he even got a warning lol

I wonder if any of the guests reading this thread are people from that forum.

I can't believe they banned you. That's a complete slap in the face. I doubt they'll do shit now.

EDIT: It wasn't much of a bash, as much as pointing out the problems of theft. The PS may have been a little rude but definitely not banworthy. I don't know their CoC but that's completely ridiculous.

well it was just an opinion so of course it's ridiculous

Yeah but also going by the degrees of rudeness, Klok really wasn't being that rude? I definitely don't think what he said was a banworthy statement at all, and I don't think he even got a warning lol

True, hence why I said I MIGHT ban the person. xP

I wonder if any of the guests reading this thread are people from that forum.

Haha, I wonder this too.

I posted on their forum.

http://fewotw.proboards.com/thread/4426/chatbox-sucks?page=1&scrollTo=65195

They banned me 1 minute later.

http://puu.sh/a2KRB/12530f6b3f.png

It's funny because when I posted in their chatbox, some guy was like "Oh look it's Klok! I love that guy!"

But not enough love to not be douches. Fuck that forum.

to be fair klokinator you were absolutely not diplomatic at all in the way you joined the forum

Edited by Mercenary Lord

That doesn't mean they should've banned him. There's 0 justification in them doing that.

e449d9007a.png

I find the admin's post in the thread I linked interesting.

1. I was instantly banned.

2. He tells me to make a new account and PM him. Why can't I use the account I JUST made?

3. He tells me to make a new account, but I can only use a proxy to view the forum right now. I'm actually IP banned, so clearing cookies/etc doesn't make me able to see it again as a non-registered user. So basically I can't make a new account.

4. Not to mention he instant banned me and then posted a reply. This is a common internet tactic called the "Block and walk", where you block someone, and then post a snarky/witty/stupid comeback they can't respond to. It makes them look like they tucked their tail and ran... when in reality you blocked them and they can't reply.

Something smells awful fishy in the USA.

Also, on the subject of "being rude", I may have been a little sarcastic, but I didn't curse, I didn't call anyone specific out, and I thought I was actually very polite in explaining what I wanted from them (Giving credit) and why not giving credit hurts the community. An instant ban? No excuse for it.

Edited by Klok

tbh I'd say it was reasonable except maybe the PS. People are having their shit stolen, it's not something to be taken lightly. It's not like Klok went on like furious, I never got that tone from his post. The only really questionable thing was the PS. Still, more diplomatic stuff should be done before angry posts.

it's not something to be taken lightly.

Agreed.

However, as you can see from Klok's post above, he's more prone to mocking their initial reaction which you can see coming from the way he insults the place instead of trying to resolve the problem.

eh what klok said wasn't really ban worthy even if it coulda been worded in a more neutral manner.

eh what eves so how we gonna go about with the pitchforks, from the back or the front.