That sprite theft though

Klokinator

Well, from our perspective, it looked like a den of thieves. Not to mention the fact that I was banned for bringing it up on the site instantly, and still am, it looked to us like the forum was suddenly hiding in fear and trying to cover up their evil thievery.

However, I can see now that you guys are actually pretty good people who just didn't realize what you were doing was wrong. Since you guys are pretty cool about this, I think we should go ahead and lock this topic now that it's resolved. I would like to be unbanned, since apparently I have fans on that site and didn't even know it existed.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will apologize for the ban. We've had some trollish attacks on the site before, and with all the new accounts it was starting to look like a raid, so Hal stepped in before we got bombarded.

I'll go ahead and unban you.

EDIT: I think I may have removed your account last night in a general clean-up. Sorry about that. Just go ahead and re-register.

Edited by richterabend

Klok, you need to get over that.
That was at least half your fault.

When seph1212 came onto klokreations and confronted me and my forum about our usage of FEXP, I did not instantly ban him and then try to hide the evidence. I was ashamed that I was caught but I readily admitted it. Maybe I'm just a different human being, but in no way did my post on that forum call for an instant ban, and calling someone out for stealing, even if it was a little rude, does not mean that the person who called them out was half in the wrong. I am no hypocrite, and I would not do something and point the finger at someone else for doing the same thing.

I will apologize for the ban. We've had some trollish attacks on the site before, and with all the new accounts it was starting to look like a raid, so Hal stepped in before we got bombarded.

I'll go ahead and unban you.

Yeah, I understand that now. It was my fault for jumping the gun. Anyway, thanks Richter, I appreciate it.

Sorry to derail again, and the details are fuzzy, but I remember Blazer saying that the art was his content to use as he saw fit. In the end legalities got the best of him, so he had to personally ask anyone who contributed basically anything to the hack if he could use it.

Also, I'm curious how many other boards on the net could also be potentially responsible for this same issue.

Also, I'm curious how many other boards on the net could also be potentially responsible for this same issue.

Anyone who doesn't respect the fact that art isn't just public property is liable to do it.

If it were just people ripping off others' splices, this wouldn't be an issue, since vanilla sprites are basically open source; however, we're talking about personal, entirely custom work that is completely the property of the original artist. This isn't just a moral issue; it's literally theft.

Either way, I do think the issue has been more or less set aside for the time being. I'm glad this one turned out to be one of the better instances.

Awesome that everything got resolved in a (mostly) diplomatic matter.

Since there's been some calls to close to close this topic, I think I might while I'm here.

If there's any reason to open this topic again, just message me (although I'll be asleep) or another member of staff.

As for Blazer's dark past, you guys can ponder about that elsewhere X D