That sprite theft though

Klokinator

make a list tell em to please stop and if they respond politely make a pleasant conversation about the problems of theft of ones creative work without permission.

if they rage at us and or ignore then there legit reasons to get the pitchforks.

Working on it. I'm compiling a massive list of thefts and the sprites/creators they took from.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure they only stole from noteworthy spriters up to this point. Your sprites are fairly average, not that that's bad or anything. Most people want to look as good as possible so they steal from the best/most unique mugs before even considering the lower tier ones.

Was insulting me really necessary? I know I'm no sprite expert or anything, but saying that someone's work is "average and low-tier" just like that is rude.

Edited by Anacybele

Was insulting me really necessary?

i don't think it was an insult Anna its just by many standards of quality control your sprites are in beginners stage, as in your still learning. thief's are usually only interested in expert sprites cause they look pretty or something like that.

No one called your stuff low tier, Ana. He even said it wasn't an insult. If you notice, the stuff being stolen is from some of the best spriters around. Like, the ones who's work is truly spectacular. This thread isn't about that anyway, it's about bringing to light what's going on, which is thievery.

i don't think it was an insult Anna its just by many standards of quality control your sprites are in beginners stage, as in your still learning. thief's are usually only interested in expert sprites cause they look pretty or something like that.

I'm not a beginner. I've been spriting for a good several years. And aren't we ALL "still learning"? I believe we shouldn't stop learning more about spriting.

Was insulting me really necessary? I know I'm no sprite expert or anything, but saying that someone's work is "average and low-tier" just like that is rude.

I'm not a beginner. I've been spriting for a good several years. And aren't we ALL "still learning"? I believe we shouldn't stop learning more about spriting.

Beginner does not mean length, it means technical quality.

It's a matter of efficiency. We're trying to collect a list of people/sprites which leech from another's hard work. If we stopped to look for every single sprite of yours, mine, and everyone who's not really all that good, we'd never finish this. Calm

AND THEN WHEN WOULD WE BE ABLE TO PITCHFORK

Edited by Mercenary Lord

And the people who have been stolen from have been spriting for many many years for the most part. These people are exceptional spriters, and the thieves recognize that and steal their works. That's what's wrong. This isn't about you,stop trying to make it about you.

Well I didn't mean to be insulting but... I mean... compared to aeo/vamp/merc, you are lower tier than them. I love L95's sprites, she's one of my favorite spriters, but I would also say she's a lower tier than them as well. And Vamp/aeo/merc all were low tier spriters at one point too, everyone starts somewhere.

Edited by Klok

And the people who have been stolen from have been spriting for many many years for the most part. These people are exceptional spriters, and the thieves recognize that and steal their works. That's what's wrong. This isn't about you,stop trying to make it about you.

I was never trying to make it about me. Hell, I didn't even bring it up. Klok did.

But regardless of my skill level, my stuff has been stolen before. So it IS good enough to steal and that's why I'm in this thread waiting to find out if anyone on that forum you guys linked stole my stuff.

Wow, that forum is disgusting. Someone rent me one of them fancy pitchforks. I'll borrow a torch by interacting with a random village t(.__.t)

EDIT: Btw, didn't we have a Richter Abend on the FEU forums a couple years back? Although afaik, it could've been a regular with a name change. And yes, I know it's from ToS, but it's not too common to use that full name as a user.

Edited by Sovereign

I was never trying to make it about me. Hell, I didn't even bring it up. Klok did.

:dry:

Wow, somebody needs to tell the staff of this forum to do something about this crap. I don't see any of my work there so far, but you guys didn't name EVERY thief there, so my stuff still could've been stolen. And I did have my human form Ranulf battle sprite stolen once. Though what had happened there was that the person that made the Minecraft version of my sprite I found was requested to do so by someone that found my sprite and didn't say where they got it. >_>

Okay if you say so.

But regardless of my skill level, my stuff has been stolen before. So it IS good enough to steal and that's why I'm in this thread waiting to find out if anyone on that forum you guys linked stole my stuff.

Fair enough.

Edited by Klok

You think I'm lying? My sprite WAS stolen awhile back. I'm not pining for attention or anything stupid like that. I want to keep my work out of the hands of thieves as much as the rest of you do. And even if my work isn't found on this disgusting forum. I'd still like to help take all those thieves down. To keep them from stealing from anyone ever again, whether it's me or any of you.

No one has ever implied that you're lying in this thread. Don't misrep people. I understand the desire to stop thieves, but your posting makes it seem like youre concerned about "oh people might be stealing MY work" instead of "people are stealing and thats bad". I understand wanting to protect your own stuff, but it's irrelevant where you brought it up. If you didn't find your stuff on the forum, why bring it up at all?

Wow, that forum is disgusting. Someone rent me one of them fancy pitchforks. I'll borrow a torch by interacting with a random village t(.__.t)

be patient, if the forum mods there blow up about the issue like i think they will then there shouldn't be a problem with Dem

pitchforks.

You think I'm lying? My sprite WAS stolen awhile back. I'm not pining for attention or anything stupid like that. I want to keep my work out of the hands of thieves as much as the rest of you do. And even if my work isn't found on this disgusting forum. I'd still like to help take all those thieves down. To keep them from stealing from anyone ever again, whether it's me or any of you.

kinda like blowing up like this actually.

Anna you need to calm down and not blow up in others faces. it adds fuel to the fire and lets things escalate to pointless levels, and admittedly makes your own public image look bad. you have your grievances I'm sure but you need to be calm and not rile yourself and others up just to try to make your point.

Sorry, but seeing people say my work isn't good kind of got me irritated.

And my apologies, I do care about others' work too. Knowing what it feels like to be plagiarized, I know what they're going through and as I said, I want to help take these thieves down whether my work was stolen as well or not.

Calling it now, none of my stuff is stolen.

Out of like, my 8 and going on 9 years of spriting I've only had a single mug of mine stolen, a single mug. Lol.

Should I steal your? Just to make you feels better.

Sorry, but seeing people say my work isn't good kind of got me irritated.

And my apologies, I do care about others' work too. Knowing what it feels like to be plagiarized, I know what they're going through and as I said, I want to help take these thieves down whether my work was stolen as well or not.

just try to keep in mind that it gets no one anywhere if anyone riles things up. now what was stolen of yours last time anyways.

It might be flattery if there was credit given, or you know, they'd bothered to ask like a reasonable human being. What these people are doing is thievery, which is not okay.

ShinyPichu: The human form Ranulf in this pic was stolen once:

dawn_of_darkness_sprites_2_by_great_aeth

These are actually really old, from my beginning days as a spriter. Some of these are just lolbad compared to my work today. xP

And I think I can dig up the deviation on DA where someone remade said Ranulf sprite in Minecraft. I gave them a pass because they didn't know it was my sprite because their friend requested that they make the sprite in Minecraft and that friend never said where they got the sprite. This is the story that the DA member told me, anyway.

EDIT: Yep, here's that Minecraft deviation.

Edited by Anacybele

Calling it now, none of my stuff is stolen.

Out of like, my 8 and going on 9 years of spriting I've only had a single mug of mine stolen, a single mug. Lol.

srs? I remember you having a million of your 'unique' mugs around when I first joined FEU around... '07 '08? And I say unique and mean unique, your character designs were very far from classic FE, in a good way haha.

You know, if someone took a sprite that I had made, and edited it for their own needs, I'd be extremely flattered.

I guess that's just me, though...

says the person who's never put in the time and effort into making one proper

sprites don't grow on trees

You know, if someone took a sprite that I had made, and edited it for their own needs, I'd be extremely flattered.

I guess that's just me, though...

Yeah, it is, and this attitude is really obnoxious toward artists and content creators. No one should feel flattered about having something they put time and labor into stolen away from them, without so much of an ounce of credit.

I don't spend hours in a studio to have some dingus take a song I wrote and claim it is theirs, and I highly doubt any of the spriters here do the same.

"Gee, I wish I could work really hard on something and have someone else claim it was theirs and take all the credit for my creativity and talent.

This is totally justifiable anger.

says the person who's never put in the time and effort into making one proper

sprites don't grow on trees

What Lumi said, a hundredfold.

Edited by Siuloir