FE8 Difficult Ironman LP w/Remastered Music Tracks - Chapter 2 Uploaded!

FE8 LP Questions  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Whose route should I take? *Voting Ends After Chap. 8*

Since I just recently heard the remastered music tracks that ZM posted about just a few hours ago, I feel inspired to do another playthrough of FE8 Difficult Ironman.

Just in case you don't know what an Ironman run is, it is essentially a run where I don't do any rage resets when something unfortunate happens, and I just take the event as is and live with it.

As such, this type of run tends to be really cautious and calculated, and risks are something that you won't want to do even more so.

I will be doing this as a Video LP using the remastered music tracks found in the thread I linked above.

I think this will be an interesting LP with the new music tracks edited in ^^

Also, I will mainly be skipping most of the story, since I've experienced the story many times already, and just wish to play the game.

After listening to the whole remastered soundtrack, I plan to include story in the LP as well, at least for the most part.
I will be doing minimum Voice Commentary during the story, so I'm just letting you all know this now.

I'll update when I finally get the first video up; I plan to start recording today, and i'll try to keep the videos to 15 mins each at least, although, i know that many chapters can take more than this amount of time to do, so we'll see how it goes.

Also, I will be doing each video on a chapter by chapter basis, to make editing that much easier to do.

- Added 7/11/2014

Due to the amount of time that it takes make sure that the battle map music and the battle music switch properly, I wish to do with the map themes as I said I would do with the battle themes.

So the generic player/enemy battle attack music will probably not be used after the prologue, just to make the editing and video upload flow more smoothly.

I will still be keeping animations on, but the map themes will be playing instead of the battle music unless it is a battle where the generic battle music isn't played.

I hope you all will enjoy this! =3

Update: 7/9/2014

• Added a Poll for Eirika or Ephraim route

Update: 7/10/2014

• Including story elements in the LP now
  • No VC while story elements are going on.
  • One video per chapter if possible.
  • Battle Music poll question added
  • Uploaded Test Video
  • Voting for Music Tracks ends 7/11/13 12 PM EST

Update: 7/11/2014

• Uploaded Prologue
  • Added description of what I plan to do about the map & battle music after the Prologue.

Update: 7/14/2014

• Uploaded Chapter 1

Update: 7/15/2014

• Uploaded Chapter 2

Table of Contents:

Edited by Mark(J)

What's an ironman run.

But yeah, this sounds cool and musical and stuff, so I'll be watching I think.

And

uh

yeah.

Silly~

An Ironman run is when i don't reset when any BS occurs; I just take the loss.

Hope you enjoy! =3

Finally got a test video up for you all to see how the LP would be like!

minus the death scene; that was there for testing purposes I swear >//>'

Please give me any feedback you may have; right now I'm specially wondering about the battle music tracks.

I have a question in the poll about it, so please let me know what you think.

and if you would kinda do so, please explain why you choose one over the other.

Me personally, i just like it better when it continues because I get to hear the whole track, when usually i wouldn't be able to hear more than half of it unless I'm in a really long battle animation...

Here's the video!

Also...

MAKE SURE YOU VOTE ON THE POLL ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Edited by Mark(J)

You should probably go for Ephraim route. It'd be interesting to see how you would fare on the harder chapters like Fort Rigwald and Phantom Ship,

You should probably go for Ephraim route. It'd be interesting to see how you would fare on the harder chapters like Fort Rigwald and Phantom Ship,

Haha I've actually already done this before, so it won't be blind like my first time when I was streaming it, but if you want me to do Ephraim's route, make sure you vote for it in the poll above!

It's one of the only ways I can see who wants what.

Also, if you want to see a few highlights of my last FE8 Ironman run

you can check it out here on this playlist ^^

This was on Difficult Ephraim's route.

It's not as good as the full LP, since they are stream highlights, but it's still something at least.

Edited by Mark(J)

Here is the Prologue everyone! I finally got it finished today.

Also...

Due to the amount of time that it takes make sure that the battle map music and the battle music switch properly, I wish to do with the map themes as I said I would do with the battle themes.

So the generic player/enemy battle attack music will probably not be used after the prologue, just to make the editing and video upload flow more smoothly.

I will still be keeping animations on, but the map themes will be playing instead of the battle music unless it is a battle where the generic battle music isn't played.

• 2 weeks later...

So i know it's been over a week since I last updated this; That's because i've been in the Bahamas on a cruise ship for the past entire week. =3

I'll be updating this again sometime this week, probably Saturday, so expect more soon! ^_^