Toa's Sprites

Toa

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiora and Isadora but close enough. I can't do female faces so I just splice them... they all look pretty similar anyways. Yeah hair is based on that one, it was a request I got.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a mug! With a video! That didn't turn out terrible! probably because I actually knew what I was going to draw

Abm6tJJ.png

[spoiler=lol]

I always find the shittiness of my original sketches hilarious

98g5eCU.png

I like the concept and his hair is great but his face has a lot of issues.

Most obvious is that is eyes are at a different angle than the rest of his face... or maybe his face is at a different angle than his eyes... I dunno. The way it is now makes it look like either his jaw is super short or his eyes are squished together or both.

Something bothers me about his neck too but I can't put my finger on it. Too long maybe?

I like the concept and his hair is great but his face has a lot of issues.

Most obvious is that is eyes are at a different angle than the rest of his face... or maybe his face is at a different angle than his eyes... I dunno. The way it is now makes it look like either his jaw is super short or his eyes are squished together or both.

Something bothers me about his neck too but I can't put my finger on it. Too long maybe?

whoaa spotted smirks! Wher've you been!?

But yeah, I thought the neck seem quite long as well.

I think you should bring the left OPV eye down a couple pixels, or slant his eye diagonally down more. If you catch my drift :o

I admire the way you keep up your creativity and design Toa. Still having some proportional issues mainly with the faces. You have some great designs, and some really great work on the bodies, but the faces still look a bit off...

Will try to give you a better facial reference/tutorial if I can find one or may just try showing you visually if I have the time... :\

Body and colors looking pretty good, but maybe something more could be done with the design? Currently the green shirt and brown collar seem somewhat clashing... And a little plain or unshaded? Toss a shoulder belt or something in there? Needs... Just something more.

Think Smirks is right... Neck has issues, appears to be at a different angle from the head? Like... They seem like two pieces slapped together rather than properly attached. :o

I like the hair, design and colors though much like Smirks. :D

Love your effort, positivity, and attitude though. Keep 'er up Toa! ;)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Glad you guys like the hair, definitely my favorite part. I'm having a lot of fun doing hair these days.

IHcu0Iv.png

Anyways, I think we're getting somewhere. Made a lot of face tweaks, is that better? I adjusted his collarbones and got rid of 1 pixel of neck so hopefully the neck is better now too. Haven't started any body edits yet besides making the green a little more neutral.

• 3 weeks later...

Flora looks quite good. Sometimes the proportions on your faces are still a bit off... But you are definitely improving bud... And you are doing well in practically every other area. Nice work, Toa. :)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

• 4 weeks later...

So much variety. :)

Hard to know where to start on commenting... Will likely come back to this to give you some feedback on all of them. In the meantime, my favorites would be the red haired battle sprite(cool pose and design) and probably the Black armored mug.(though his face still bugs me a bit, but that is a tough angle to get right)

Will comment a bit more in depth soon. ;)

• 1 month later...

This is me

szSe33P.png

I am a smash bro now

C1mjDwn.png

My name isn't very good for this is it?

this youtube channel has videos of me spriting on it, go check it out! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkPaZbiQRzumUHPI7fZAnEQ/featured

Sometimes I live stream, you should check that out too! http://www.twitch.tv/serenesspritingstreams/v/28140315

This is me

szSe33P.png

I am a smash bro now

C1mjDwn.png

My name isn't very good for this is it?

this youtube channel has videos of me spriting on it, go check it out! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkPaZbiQRzumUHPI7fZAnEQ/featured

Sometimes I live stream, you should check that out too! http://www.twitch.tv/serenesspritingstreams/v/28140315

Haha I love this. The stern face and when I look above your sf avatar:

"I'm really feeling it!"

601ff76def.png

:|

• 3 weeks later...

IG39iJp.png1X60xkm.pngHfhREN6.png

Fates mugs. Leon's hair is still a bit of a WIP. I've updated Camilla's body since the original I made in April. Debating whether or not to do Elise, probably won't.

Here's the other two for the full set:

4bfqgfE.pngmvrOLwy.png

Twitch vod of me working on Gunther and Leon. http://www.twitch.tv/serenesspritingstreams/v/30947840

Edited by Monatoa Boy

IG39iJp.png1X60xkm.pngHfhREN6.png

Fates mugs. Leon's hair is still a bit of a WIP. Updated Camilla's body. Debating whether or not to do Elise, probably won't.

Here's the other two for the full set:

4bfqgfE.pngmvrOLwy.png

Twitch vod of me working on Gunther and Leon. http://www.twitch.tv/serenesspritingstreams/v/30947840

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU CHANGED CAMILLA CUDDLES! Now i gotta put the updated one in the sig.

The Shulk sprite you did is neato, but theres something about his hair thats rubbing me the wrong way... I feel like it should be less piecey looking and a bit more...floofy? /shrug