Lucina and Robin CONFIRMED!

Torva

As many of you already know, Lucina and Robin are both confirmed players for the upcoming Super Smash Bros game. Opinions?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions? Lucina2pro that's what. I wonder what her Final Smash will be tho. I thought it'd be Either, but now thinking it may be a Tiki+Lucina dualattack, like the ChromRobin one

This thread isn't really necessary, you know. xP This is already being talked about in the Smash Bros. forum. But while I dislike Lucina and would've rather had Chrom in alongside Avatar instead, I'm happy as hell that Avatar got in over Chrom. Avatar was the best choice of the three, imo, no doubt. she/he brings so much to the table!

The moveset of the Avatar is pretty much, what I expected.

Lucina just looks like a clone of Marth.

This thread isn't really necessary, you know. xP This is already being talked about in the Smash Bros. forum. But while I dislike Lucina and would've rather had Chrom in alongside Avatar instead, I'm happy as hell that Avatar got in over Chrom. Avatar was the best choice of the three, imo, no doubt. she/he brings so much to the table!

I guess this topic is ok, but it should probably better take place in "Other Games" => "Super Smash Bros".

Maybe with adding a poll like I did in the thread about Ike.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

I'm not seeing much from Lucina, as she just looks like a complete Marth clone. I'm looking to see how far they'll let you go with the MU customization, though, if any at all. Also I felt pretty disappointed that they just pretty much left Chrom out, just leaving him in as part of a final smash.

If Robin can be customized like in Awakening, he'll be my go-to fighter. Otherwise, I kinda like the addition. I get the sense that he'll have a wide variety of customization for movesets considering the amount of tomes he can use as well as what sword is used (Bronze Sword for speed, Levin Sword for power or potential range, etc.). Lucina is...I'm disappointed. Unless they changed Marth's movepool entirely, Lucina is a glorified Marth clone with possibly different speed or defenses and that bores me.

I think Robin is a worthy addition instead of Chrom because, really, he/she was the star of the game. I just hope he/she's customizable, because I'm not very fond of the standard Robin.

Love people complaining about Lucina being a Marth clone. Back in the SF2 days, Ken was an exact clone of Ryu and nobody complained. It was only with the revisions that Ken got his moveset changed to suit him, though the moves were still basically the same. Of course, Lucina having the same moves as Marth and different stats means that one of the two will prevail and become better competitively, which is a little sad.

I'm not seeing much from Lucina, as she just looks like a complete Marth clone. I'm looking to see how far they'll let you go with the MU customization, though, if any at all. Also I felt pretty disappointed that they just pretty much left Chrom out, just leaving him in as part of a final smash.

I understand why they did that. If you're complaining about Lucina being a Marth clone, you'd complain even further if Chrom was a playable character, because the game states quite openly that Lucina's sword style is exactly the same as Chrom's, and she uses the same weapon.

Edited by Bird Jesus

I got excited when I heard both of them got annouced. I didn't think that Robin would get in, heck I didn't even think that they would use Robin as their name instead of Avatar. Though before I blowed my familes eardrums off I was sad that Lucina's moveset looked very similar to Marth's moveset. But I'm excited to play as Robin since he looks fun to play as, especially since he has that thoron tome. T̶h̶o̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶s̶s̶s̶

I'm wondering what Lucina's final smash would be though. Hopefully not like Marth's, otherwise I will probably call her Female Marth like my cousins do.

Robin over Chrom was a good call.

Adding Lucina on top of that was really dumb. Does Awakening really need 2 reps? Do we really need a new Marth clone when we could've just brought Roy back for the sake of Melee and GBA FE fans?

Also Chrom is the new Eliwood. Being excluded when his 2 peers both made it in, and Lucina is a lot less important to FE13, is going to absolutely wreck him.

Edited by OrangeCrush980

That's assuming they keep in ike. If for some reason they didn't, it'd be the same marth/roy clone three times.

Actually Robin's supposed to be different. I should watch that footage lol.

Edited by Kloknihater

I never wanted chrom or lucina. I wanted Lyn. Barring that, I wouldn't mind getting Ephraim, as a lance user instead of another f*****g sword user would be a nice change.

Lyn and Ephraim were the two characters I wanted most. And not just for FE reps, but for all newcomers period.

Anyway. Robin looks like a good addition, I'm pleased with what they've done with him/her. I like Lucina more than Chrom, so I'm sorta glad she got in over him, but at the same time she looks very similar to Marth, and that worries me. But, I'll play as her anyway, just like I play as both Marth AND Roy in Melee despite the two being virtually identical.

I told one of my friends almost a year ago now that the only way I would ever buy a Wii U is if the tactician from Awakening was in the new Smash Bros. Now i'm seriously considering it. I just wish his final smash was Grima's spike breath instead of a Chrom assist. How many people do you know who can breath spikes? Dat shit be ballin'.

Man, FE having FOUR representatives in SSB. That puts it equal to Zelda in representation.

And I couldn't be happier. Before Ike was confirmed to return, I was afraid Marth would be the only FE character in the next Smash Bros.

Now, I'm starting to feel sorry for the EarthBound fans. Ness is probably going to be the only character from the Mother series in the next Smash Bros., unless Nintendo is also going to add Lucas to an already crowded roster (don't get me wrong, I love how large and diverse the roster is becoming, I just think there isn't enough "room" left for Lucas, who is a clone character, a character from a less popular series, and a character from a Japan-only game) or make him an alternate "costume" of Ness, or unless Mother 4 is in the works...

So Lucina swings that way, huh? Never woulda guessed.

She looks really smug in that picture for some reason. Must have just captured the perfect frame or something.