H3 Mid Tiers no DLC, no Mixed Class Sets and no Lunatic statboosters

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbMjM-0sJq4

Chapter 4 stuff:

[spoiler=]

Oh man, this chapter was ridiculously tough to do in Mid Tiers. I had to figure out a way to block the forts at the beginning of the map without any fliers to help me. I had to move fast enough with a unit to get to the enemies near the first save point to lure some of them away from Ogma's group, saving their lives. I noticed that even this wasn't enough to keep Marth, Ogma, Yubello, Yumina and Sirius alive though, so that's when I realized that I needed to rescue a non-Cecille unit. I didn't have enough manpower to kill the Armorslayer Thief right away. Everyone was too busy pushing for the forts or doing something else so I had to make sure the first unit that Thief could reach could take 2 hits from him. That's where Cavalier Gordin comes in. He has just enough def and HP to survive this thief. Arran has 4 luck while most enemies in this map have 6 Crit, so I could lure the first Barbarian to attack him instead of Gordin at the beginning. Enemies tend to prioritize crits if they have 2% or more Crit on your unit. That Barbarian attacks before the Hunter at the back, so I had to make sure he attacked someone different to the hunter or they would die. The positioning with Arran Gordin and Linde allowed me to do this while also being able to fort block right away in the next turn.

I got some more nice Mid Tier units this chapter:

First up is Ogma. He's a Level 7 Mercenary with decent bases. 13 spd and C Swords for +1 Atk and Armorslayer access. He's going to be very valuable in the upcoming chapters I believe.

Second is Yumina. A Level 1 Cleric who is super underleveled but comes with C Staves already and a Rescue staff. Her high staff rank gives her access to Physic and makes it easy to reach B for Again and A in time for fortify. She may not have access to Hammerne unlike Malicia, but she's still pretty good to have around, especially in a playthrough with banned Malicia.

Third is Castor. A Level 7 Hunter. A bit shakier than the 2 above, but comes with enough rank to wield Steel Bows and is at least decent at the job. He may or may not be longterm depending on how he grows but expect to see him around for a bit at least. His chip might come in handy.

Chapter 4 is completed in 8 turns with 2 Rescue Staff uses

Annotations (in case they dont appear correctly):

[spoiler=]

0:15- This barbarian can have enough HP to survive the Iron Bow forge + Gordin Iron Sword. With Taurus, Ryan+Gordin are guaranteed to kill him.

0:29- Arran takes Taurus from Ryan because Arran will need it for something very soon.

1:19- This Barbarian attacks Arran instead of Gordin because he has 2% crit on Arran and 0% crit on Gordin. Normally he would attack the lower defense unit, which would be Gordin. Gordin is in range of a Hunter so getting hit by the barbarian would be fatal to him.

1:33- Rescuing Cecille seemed like the logical thing to do at first because she can ORKO barbarians with Lady Sword, but I need her to do something else. Ryan doesn't take counters from enemies, which helps a ton in getting out of this situation.

2:06- Wrys gets to Mend Cecille here so she can keep moving but this puts him in range of the Devil Sword Thief. This Thief can double and ORKO pretty much everyone in my team except for Cecille.

2:21- Figuring out how to block these forts from spawning enemies was way tougher than it looks in the final video. Trust me.

2:46- This is why Arran needed Taurus. With a +2 MT Silver Lance forge and Taurus, he can OHKO the Devil Sword Thief before he gets doubled and ORKO'd.

2:51- He crit, making the forge useless. Lovely. Of course, I also could've rigged the 31% backfire from the Devil Sword, but it was too annoying

3:26- If Cecille doesn't get hit here, the Pirates all go for Ogma's group. Which is why rigging the Devil Sword to backfire was easier said than done when I also needed Cecille to not dodge an Axe with a Sword equipped.

3:52- B bows already o.o. Too bad Silver Bows don't exist yet.

4:19- Wow, he actually got spd as a Cavalier o.o

4:32- This pirate going to the left destroys the strat. But I find that if yubello doesnt move that far to the right, Linde doesnt move too far north and Castor is low on HP, he goes for Ogma's group 100% of the time

4:39- Armorslayer Cecille get! Just in time too!

5:48- Javelins and Steel Lances get!

6:00- Disappointing first level from Ogma. But then again, this is better than some levels I got this chapter. Even Cecille got a one stat level. Ryan Linde and Gordin got good ones however.

6:14- Bulky Wryyyyyyssss

6:37- If this were a OHKO crit I would've reloaded since Sirius isn't longterm. Boss would've fallen without this crit btw.

6:46- An average Cecille can't double this boss so the strat in that case would've been to have Sirius attack with Steel Sword, Ryan to chip with Iron Bow forge and Cecille to finish him off. The TC would still be 8 because there is a way to have Ryan reach the boss in time.

Edited by PJSalt

Spoilers with names in their description part are borked as a result of the newly updated SF not including that (since it was customized with the old update and accidentally left out of the new one)

According to the straight code, there's nothing but a plain spoiler tag there. My guess is that the "fix" hit some of the non-titled spoilers (like TC's one).

My theory is that Chapter 5 will be doable, and Chapter 6 will be a pain in the neck. I can't wait to see how you do it~!

Predicting Meatshield!Sirius on C6 and a rigged crit vs the hero or sniper.

/e the Rescue!Arran standard strat seems like a pain to integrate here though, as you don't want to have high tiers use staves (rescue!sirius could replace otherwise) and rescue!arran would take a good combat unit away, so yeah seems a lot trickier already lol.

Edited by Gradivus.

Yubellos best contribution is getting sacked to 3-turn C4 hahaha

aside from that, he can actually wreck with +10 blizzard and five speedwings, spirit dusts and an RP use!

and two starspheres, don't ask how.

Yeah! Only 10 stat boosters, a limited use buff, and two of an item in which you can only get one normally! Plus a fully tricked out tome!

Top tier unit right here guys.

...Chapter 5 is a pain. No win spear either.

[spoiler=Chapter 5 stuff]

In this chapter I get another Mid Tier: Barst. He's a Fighter with pretty nice bases. His base weapon rank is very bad at this point of the game though. He would've been amazing if he could use Hammers right away for these pesky Armors in this chapter and C6. Since Malicia is banned, I don't really need to get the Hammerne staff so I can ignore the top portion of the map with the Dracoknights and the Snipers. Of course, since I can't really beat Jeorge's Sniper squad with these mid tiers, I also have to miss out on the Physic staff. Its a shame, but I can't do anything about it in a reasonable timeframe.

I also have to miss out on buying Door Keys this chapter to make the strat work. I get another chance at buying those in Chapter 9 though and since I won't have Rescue anymore for that map, I'm pretty sure Ill have time to visit that shop.

Chapter 5 is completed in 7 turns with 1 Rescue use

Hardly thinking so. Cecille looks pretty much like the team carrier atm (which role she sort of shares with Arran for like, 3 further chapters), Marth just gets kills because he must (though it doesn't hurt anyways as long as it doesn't cost turns). Basically, Marth's stats don't show anything exceptional like Cecille's Lady Sword access and lolSpeed. Also, do you count 6x as the third chapter or are we gonna get C7 this week too?

/edit you wrote the mjölnir wrong :] though iirc the game has no ö? (your keyboard probably doesn't either, heh)

Edited by Gradivus.

This has been the most difficult chapter in the run yet, probably the hardest thing I've had to play in Fire Emblem. There were a ton of things that needed to happen in order to beat the chapter. Including enemies having specific amounts of HP and def and even needed an unrevealed (in map prep and the chapter until you open the door) enemy in the throne room to not be too fast. I also needed to recruit Samto and Rickard and also get the Libra Shard with Marth. All of this while making sure I was going fast enough to not let any units get caught by the reinforcements.

I started by using the preparation screen Arena to get Ogma and Barst a level as Pirates for Spd. The first Knights in this chapter have 9-10 spd, with 10 being way more likely than 9, so it was better to guarantee Barst being able to double those. Ogma having 14 spd is crucial for this whole chapter to be beatable. I then forged an Armorslayer with +3 MT and +10 Hit. The Hit adds a lot mre reliability to the strat while the +3 MT is neccesary to ORKO Lang. It costed me 5000G, but I still had enough money after selling a Steel weapon and an iron weapon to train Linde twice in the Arena. I got Linde a level so that she could proc mag. This makes it possible for her to KO the Bishops with 2 Aura hits even if they have 31 HP instead of 30.

I actually used a Savestate here. That's something extremely rare from me. But I did it so I could reclass Arran to Bishop so he could rescue Julian turn 1 and Julian could move towards the right door. End turn. Then in the next turn I could open it with Julian to check throne room enemy stats. After that, I reloaded the savestate and started the video. I didn't want to have to deal with recording a failed run because the middle throne room armor knight proc'd 11 spd. It saves me a ton of time and frustration.

The worst part of the map, if not the neccesary stats, are the reinforcements. Their movement can vary a ton if you don't know how to control them. Moving Frey and Norne in the way I moved them in the final run guarantees that I can beat this chapter before they catch up and kill any units.

This was a ton of work for one chapter. I hope you enjoy the video :)

Chapter 6 is completed in 8 turns with 1 Rescue use

Happy Holidays!!

barrsstt

great as always bro :D

Thank you very much :)

Screw the cavs, I don't need no experience!

Would you say Marth is slowly catching up to Cecille?

Maybe if his str and def cooperated. Marth's issue is that he has to seize and do a bunch of side objectives. He's an ok unit in his own right though.

Hardly thinking so. Cecille looks pretty much like the team carrier atm (which role she sort of shares with Arran for like, 3 further chapters), Marth just gets kills because he must (though it doesn't hurt anyways as long as it doesn't cost turns). Basically, Marth's stats don't show anything exceptional like Cecille's Lady Sword access and lolSpeed. Also, do you count 6x as the third chapter or are we gonna get C7 this week too?

/edit you wrote the mjölnir wrong :] though iirc the game has no ö? (your keyboard probably doesn't either, heh)

I count 6x as the third chapter. Though tbh, Chapter 6 drained me so much that it should count as 10 chapters o.o. I don't think the game has ö :(

EDIT: Also, i'll add annotations tomorrow. There is actually a bunch of stuff that needs annotations in this chapter.

Edited by PJSalt

Holy. Crap. That seems so hard. How many resets before you had it? Is Frey going to be a mainstay? Was his killer lance crit necessary? What about Cecille and Ogma's armoslayer crits?

Before I figured the strat out many. I definetely didn't have any clue on what to do at first and slowly came up with solutions to every problem. After I knew what to do though? 3.

Yeah, Frey is very likely to be a longterm unit in the team. We'll have to see how he grows.

No, in fact, I did not want him to crit there. In the next turn, Norne retreats and is 2 spaces away from the soldier and Frey uses Vulnerary and engages him once again. He can crit again but if he doesn't, then the strat just changes. Norne can be OHKO'd by the soldier's Silver Lance and she is finally reached by him even with full move, but, in that case, I just had Samto transfer Taurus to her so she could survive, then she moves away and Ryan, Barst and Frey get their experience like in the vid, except someone finishes that soldier off first.

No, none of the crits were neccesary. I forged Armorslayer for a reason. Though I suppose those 2 crits saved 2 uses of Armorslayer. Normally, Ogma would've healed with vulnerary and not full move after that turn so Yumina could reach him again to heal him before he faces the Sniper.

The Sniper and Samto combo is the most luck-based part of the map I think. With Ogma needing to face 7% crit from the Sniper and then 18% crit from Samto. That one was the reason for the resets. The double 67% Armorslayer on Lang didn't require resets aside from the obligatory reset I do to stop recording after every map save.

Edited by PJSalt

This chapter surprised me. It's normally really easy when you have Palla Catria Caeda Sirius and MU. But it was extremely difficult to get through with no deaths with these glass cannons.

http://youtu.be/Av7Ius5es9U

Skip to 1:37 for the chapter if you're not interested in the Arena training.

And I thought it couldn't get any worse than Chapter 6 for the Mid Tier run. The struggle is real. I can't use my final Rescue on this map because I know I will need it for Chapter 8. I had to 2 turn the map instead of Rescue skip 1 turn so I had to face all these enemies on enemy phase that the Mid Tier team isn't really ready to handle. It would've been way easier if those 2 Fighters below Roro didn't have Hand Axes because I could get rid of them without taking counters. Sadly, that isn't the case and a single counter to any unit means certain death in the Enemy Phase.

I tried doing this map without promoting anyone but quickly noticed it would not be possible. The only candidates for promotion at the moment are Cecille Linde and Ryan. I chose Ryan because Linde is barely Level 10 and she wouldn't help that much if I promoted her. Cecille's promotion is being postponed until the Chapter 11 Elysian Whip exists because I want a Falcoknight in my team. Promoting Ryan also makes sense as it's right before a chapter with hard-to-KO thieves. Sniper Ryan with a sufficiently strong bow can OHKO all the Chapter 7 thieves. This will help obtain the Chapter 7 Scorpio Shard.

I arena'd Ogma a level as a Pirate to get him to 15 spd. This allows him to always be able to ORKO the middle armorknight. Then, I went YOLO with Ryan @Killer Bow on 2 mages in the Drill Grounds so he could get to Level 15 with 4 Drill Rounds instead of 5. I still needed Arran to dodge a Fighter that has 57% displayed hit on him but other than that and Roro's crit chance, the chapter is pretty consistent this way. Even with Marth having base Def, he could take on Roro and the Archer with Taurus and Cancer. Marth has to face Roro because he can't seize in Turn 2 otherwise.

Btw, yeah, I rig Arena levels. I think I say this in every playthrough I do xD. But I feel that the money spent should be worth it. So I rig it to be at least a satisfactory level.

Chapter 6x is completed in 2 turns

That's one of my least favorite chapters in the game. Grats on finishing it!

Thanks! Yeah, that chapter can be really tough depending on the team. If you can't push through in like 6-8 turns you can easily get overwhelmed by the reinforcements.

Edited by PJSalt

man watching 6x made me realize how bad gaiden chapters are in general, not even in this game.

also are you using Horace? I know if you don't you just acknowledge he's too high tier, just like Sheema.

edit: he's even better without class A, totally top tier.

Edited by General Horace

http://youtu.be/voQu7cYivqU

This is a pretty easy chapter even with these restrictions. I could actually 5 turn this map and skip the Physic and Firestone by deploying Dracoknight Ryan instead of Peg Yumina. Now, I know the Firestone is just 1500G but remember I couldn't get the Ch5 Physic. I think having a Physic will make life so much easier in the coming chapters. How I actually managed to beat the Fire Dragon is kinda interesting but otherwise this is a very straightforward chapter. Peg Yumina was actually very crucial as she allowed me to lure Cavalier reinforcements to her so the team didn't have to face them and also got me the Physic staff.

I got 2 new units in this chapter: Navarre and Feena. Feena is actually a Top Tier unit, that's not even debatable. She can make units move again, thus saving turns in almost every chapter. Dancers are amazing units in every FE. I think they're irreplaceable and should be used whenever it's possible, so that's why I'm allowing her in particular for this Mid Tier playthrough. Navarre joins with actually pretty nice bases and has a really good 70% spd growth. Unfortunately for Navarre, he competes with a unit that joins next chapter, though. Cain has 90 spd growth as a Myrmidon, beating Navarre's by 20. Has practically the same absolute base stats as Navarre, losing in Spd by 1 and Lck by 3 and winning HP by 2. He has C swords too while having D Lances over Navarre. And he can also get some Prologue exp and joins at a higher level most of the time. So, I think Cain will be favored over Navarre for a spot in my team.

Something I'm really sad about in this chapter is that I couldn't really get the Seraph Robe or the Wo Dao. Seraph Robe would've fixed Linde dying to anything that looks at her funny or fixed Marth's durability a bit. Oh well.

Chapter 7 is completed in 6 turns

man watching 6x made me realize how bad gaiden chapters are in general, not even in this game.

also are you using Horace? I know if you don't you just acknowledge he's too high tier, just like Sheema.

edit: he's even better without class A, totally top tier.

Yeah, at least this game's gaidens are extremely short and have godlk music :P

I'm pretty sure I won't be using Horace much, if at all. If he could go Sniper or Dracoknight I would use him for lulz but Class B is :(

navarre can get kills vs some promoted enemies on chapter 8 with the devil sword and speed shard, so he can get a bigger speed lead over cain, just saying since you did chapter 8 already (and maybe, you used scorpio!devil!navarre, we'll see). also, you should save 3 bow forge uses to have horace snipe wyrms as a warrior! (unless general has 3 movement on desert too, but I think 2)

http://youtu.be/4m9DuoeN8NE

At first I thought I would be needing the last Rescue staff use in this map. After looking at the map, I noticed I didn't really need to use the Rescue staff and that using it would actually only cut 2 turns here vs more turns if I use them elsewhere. Not using Rescue here also gives me enough time to kill a few Generals for much needed experience. There was actually gonna be a big mistake somewhere before the 2nd map save. I almost had Cain use the map save instead of Ryan. Also, I originally wanted Ogma to take Ryan's Scorpio shard so he could double the General in EP, but it didn't matter because he got a crit anyway.

After first map save, there's a Killer Lance Crit from Frey on a Cavalier reinforcement. While this isn't completely neccesary, it does allow Feena to dance Cain so he can get that Sniper kill. Chapter 8 is kinda messy because a ton of unwanted crits and enemy movement stuff could happen. I'm not exactly pleased at the elegance of the video but I did everything I wanted to in Chapter 8 so I'm pleased with that.

3 new units joined in this chapter: Bantu, Roger and Jeorge. Bantu with a Firestone has 25 Atk. That's better than base Palla back in Chapter 3! Except he has terrible move, no 2 range, no growths and Firestone can be sold for 1500G. Bench.

Roger is pretty good with mixed class sets imo. He has a nice absolute base speed of 7, so he's pretty fast. And already has C lances. Unfortunately, in this playthrough, he has no access to Dracoknight to abuse his good Lance rank and high spd base+growth so he's hitting the bench.

And finally, we have Jeorge. He comes with A rank in bows, which is kinda cool when you consider he comes with Parthia, the most powerful bow in the game. He's decent filler if you're lacking units to snipe Dracoknights or Wyverns. He's not really a longterm unit but he might be deployed from time to time If I need some chip, i'm not sure.

Chapter 8 is completed in 6 turns

navarre can get kills vs some promoted enemies on chapter 8 with the devil sword and speed shard, so he can get a bigger speed lead over cain, just saying since you did chapter 8 already (and maybe, you used scorpio!devil!navarre, we'll see). also, you should save 3 bow forge uses to have horace snipe wyrms as a warrior! (unless general has 3 movement on desert too, but I think 2)

Cain gets to Dragonpikes easier and has better spd growth in the classes that matter. Navarre's 5% more Str growth isn't enough for me. Plus, Cain was free to deploy :)

What tier list are you using? I want to know if you will use Merric/Ellerean.

Yeah, I'm likely to use Merric. I'm not actually sure though. The tier list is almost the same as the one I made in this forum, except some units are lower than in that tier list due to lack of DLC, etc. Linde and Ryan are 2 that are lower due to lack of Lunatic boosters to help them solve their issues. I've already noticed some things that I could change in the tier list though. I originally had Navarre over Cain for example and nowadays I don't think Navarre has anything worthwhile over Cain.

I´m looking forward to see how you are going to train Barst, if you are using him at all. Compared to the Class A units that can go Cavalier, I found training him troublesome, as he has low movement and no effective weapons against the dragons. Even the Silver Axe and Hauclere aren´t accessible for a while. The lower hit rates of his axes are actually an issue and his promotion boni won´t change too much, either.

Edited by Aircalipoor