The idiot's new and fresh Art thread ~

Solum

Amazing work! Ombe fights very gracefully.

But is it me or is there some frame skipping in the video?

Thank you! You're maybe seeing the poor Ranged animation I just... destroyed xD since I spent nearly no time on it.

I really like the critical animation, you're really talented.

Thank you very much!

Also, the wip from before :

985614armouredgirl.png

Still a wip though. Because I don't consider her finished.

Hey Solum, I think the standing frame for Ombe might need its head moved to the right by like... a pixel. As it is it kind of looks like she's pushing her neck out, which is a little weird. Otherwise, the entire thing looks great except for the weird throwing animation. I particular like how it looks when she jumps back at the beginning of the crit, though I have a feeling this was borrowed from one of Lyn's crits or something?

Hey Solum, I think the standing frame for Ombe might need its head moved to the right by like... a pixel. As it is it kind of looks like she's pushing her neck out, which is a little weird. Otherwise, the entire thing looks great except for the weird throwing animation. I particular like how it looks when she jumps back at the beginning of the crit, though I have a feeling this was borrowed from one of Lyn's crits or something?

I'll try to move this head as you said, because now that you mention it, it may be actually true. XD

And yes, I used a mix of splicing and and customization with Lyn and Ephraim (just for the spear rotation during the crit and the ranged and maybe few things around).

Since Lyn-Lord-BladeLord- and SolKatti have all tons of positions while having about the same clothes/body sizes. Since this animation is my very first one, I prefered taking references ahah.

Yeah, ranged animations are always the forgotten animations XD

I won't let it like this. Would be too sad for it ahah. I'll make a second video when I'll be done with fixing a maximum of things.

• 3 weeks later...

Time to go back to some illsutration work. Entering another studies year, with some draws on the computer :

Some Random Mage Girl

I still need to finish things like the legs. and make her clothes look better. But I had fun until now xD

The image is huge if you zoom in, so I only give you the link to it. =)

Edited by Solum

Thank you! You're maybe seeing the poor Ranged animation I just... destroyed xD since I spent nearly no time on it.

Thank you very much!

Also, the wip from before :

985614armouredgirl.png

Still a wip though. Because I don't consider her finished.

Gosh i love her hair. She kinda reminds me of a Targaryen. You kinda makin' me wanna get back in the spriting saddle!

Kinda the wrong forum for this? Like, don't we have an actual art forum where people'll give critique for non-pixel stuff.

Seriously, though, post this stuff in the art forum. I guarantee you'll get better feedback than from spriting threads.

I didn't even know about the art forum XD. I will make sure I post there from now on.

I was just so used to post any image in this thread that I didn't notice.

@Loki: Ah maybe you're right, but the colour has way too much yellow in it. It should be more natural to look like Targa's.

Gl

lad to hear this motivates you into spriting again ^^

Edited by Solum

• 9 months later...