Team for Apotheosis?

Hello everyone!

So I just bought the Apotheosis DLC and I was wondering who to bring in to the battle with me? I would also appreciate any skill recommendations cause, as you will see, some of my skill choices are lackluster. I'm still fairly new to this game >.<

Here are the characters I have been using that are somewhat trained (I'm going to train them up more when I figure out who I am taking):

Ranulf (MU) Lv. 16 Dread Fighter. Sol, Ignis, Pavise, Aegis, Aggressor.

Chrom Lv. 10 Great Lord. Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King, Aegis.

Maribelle Lv. 15 Sage. Demoiselle, Lifetaker, Galeforce, Slow Burn, Tomefaire.

Tiki Lv. 30 Manakate. Swordbreaker, Bond, Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane, Quick Burn.

Flavia Lv. 16 General. Armsthrift, Patience, Sol, Pavise, Axebreaker.

Miriel Lv. 5 Sage. Focus, Renewal, Tomefaire, Vengeance, Slow Burn.

Stahl Lv. 10 Paladin. Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Defender, Aegis, Luna.

Sumia Lv. 5 Falcon Knight. Speed +2, Relief, Galeforce, Lancefaire, Pavise.

Gaius Lv. 15 Dread Fighter. Aggressor, Resistance +10, Sol, Lethality, Astra.

Tharja Lv. 5 Sorcerer. Hex, Vengeance, Tomebreaker, Pavise, Hit Rate +20.

Nowi Lv. 18 Manakete. Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane, Quick Burn

Donnel Lv. 10 Hero. Armsthrift, Sol, Underdog, Counter, Aggressor.

Lissa Lv. 16 Sage. Miracle, Galeforce, Renewal, Healtouch, Tomefaire.

Libra Lv. 15 War Monk. Lifetaker, Healtouch, Miracle, Vengeance, Renewal.

Lon'qu Lv. 20 Swordmaster. Vantage, Lethality, Astra, Swordfaire, Quickburn.

Olivia Lv. 30 Dancer. Vantage, Astra, Galeforce, Special Dance.

Morgan Lv. 20 Manakate. Odd Rhythm, Quick Burn, Wyrmsbane, Ignis.

Henry Lv. 20 Sorcerer. Hex, Anathema, Lucky Seven, Vengeance, Tomebreaker.

Inigo Lv. 20 Hero. Armsthrift, Sol, Patience, Astra, Galeforce.

Lucina Lv. 20 Great Lord. Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Galeforce, Lifetaker.

Noire Lv. 15 Sniper. Vengeance, Astra, Lethality, Hit Rate +20, Prescience

-Rally Bots:

Alm Lv. 20 Wyvern Lord. Rally Resistance, defense, skill, strength, spectrum.

Eirika Lv. 20 Falcon Knight. Rally Heart, speed, movement, luck, magic.

Thank you for your help :)

Edited by Tachibana Kai

I've beaten apostheosis a couple of times.

The best team i could find was:

Maribelle!Lucina as a dark flier (galeforce, dual strike+, vantage, veangence, limit breaker)

Married to

Lon'qu!Laurent!Morgan whose parent avatar was +Mag -Luk (galeforce, vantage, vengeance, tomefaire, limit breaker)

Both using forged celica gale

And a bunch of falcon knighits with capped Mag as rescue/rally bots. It was really easy to beat the map that way.

Edited by Nobody

Maribelle!Lucina as a dark flier (galeforce, dual strike+, vantage, veangence, limit breaker)

Married to

Lon'qu!Laurent!Morgan whose parent avatar was +Mag -Luk (galeforce, vantage, vengeance, tomefaire, limit breaker)

And a bunch of falcon knighits with capped Mag as rescue/rally bots. It was really easy to beat the map that way.

Ricken!Laurent!Morgan > Lon'qu!Laurent!Morgan cos more Magic.

Also avatar should be Def flaw.

Married to

Ricken!Laurent!Morgan > Lon'qu!Laurent!Morgan cos more Magic.

Also avatar should be Def flaw.

Oy... If you bothered to read the first post, TC knows literally nothing about how Apo works, or about teambuilding in general. In the hands of someone who doesn't know what to do with them, those units are no more powerful than a random Spotpass/DLC character. So, I think more general advice is in order. Anyway, a couple of general rules for beating Apo (Normal or Secret):

1. Use Limit Breaker. Use it on everybody (except Rallybots), and don't take anyone who doesn't have at least their Spd and Str/Mag capped with it (though the more stats you can cap, the better).

2. Pick children over adults. There are 13 in total, and they all have most of the classes from both parents combined, as well as having higher stat caps in general. You can only take 20 units into Apo, Chrom is forced, and Avatar/Olivia/two Rallybots are very helpful, so you don't have room for many others. Those others should be dedicated staff users for using Rescue/Fortify.

3. All of your combat pairs should have an A rank support at minimum, and preferably they should all be at S. This means units like Tiki and Flavia shouldn't be used.

4. All of your units should have Brave weapons. This allows for a maximum of 12 attacks per turn (the lead unit strikes four times, the support strikes twice on each lead swing). Celica's Gale is the Brave Tome, and it can be bought from Spotpass Celica.

After those general rules are followed, it's important to choose the right skills. The only two skills you should never use in Apo are Counter and Lethality, because all the enemies are immune to them. In addition to Limit Breaker, all units who have them should equip Aggressor, Galeforce, Luna, Aether and a Faire skill for their weapon of choice. Some good skills for any empty skillslots (these don't need to be on, but often help) are Hit+20, Astra (when Luna is already equipped), Vengeance (only if Luna isn't equipped), Ignis, Deliverer, All Stats+2, Lifetaker, Bowbreaker and Lancebreaker.

Your units also need to be in the right classes. Generally good classes are Sage, Dark Flier, Sniper, Assassin, Hero, Berserker, Paladin, Warrior, Wyvern Lord and Bride. The only classes you really want to avoid are Great Knight, Griffon Rider, Bow Knight, Swordmaster, Taguel, and all unpromoted classes. From there, it's very important that units be able to make good use of their ally's pairup boosts. There's not much point in pairing a Warrior and a Sage.

If you post who's already married to who, your Avatar's Asset/Flaw and whether you plan on tackling Normal Apo or Secret Apo (clear the first round by the end of turn 2, enemies have stronger skills, higher stats and a time limit on the last two waves) I can give more specific advice.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

If you post who's already married to who, your Avatar's Asset/Flaw and whether you plan on tackling Normal Apo or Secret Apo (clear the first round by the end of turn 2, enemies have stronger skills, higher stats and a time limit on the last two waves) I can give more specific advice.

I'm going to take on the secret path.

My Avatar's asset is HP and Flaw is Magic

Married units: Chrom/Maribelle

Tharja/Gaius

Lissa/Donnel

Sumia/Henry

Nowi/Libra

Stahl/Miriel

Lon'qu/Olivia

Panne/Gregor

OK, I'm gonna assume your whole team is maxed. First of all, Limit Breaker on every unit. It makes them much easier. Second of all, pair every one with their S supports, or A supports, at the least. Third of all, 2 rally bots, I would reccomend using a summoned phantom. For my rally bots, I'm using spectrum, strength, defense, resitence, and magic for my male rally bot, and spectrum, speed, skill, defense, and resitence for my female rally bot. Also, I'm giving Tiki's Tear to MU, my S support (TBD), Morgan, and Chrom. And anyone else who I think would need it. Finally, the team is up to you. I would HIGHLY reccomened Olivia, and 2-3 healers should be good. This may seem like a cheap method of doing it, but I intend on winning this challenge. Also, make sure your units are outside of enemy range, and kill the healers first. Good luck!

Hmm.

Brady@Sage (LimitBreaker/GaleForce/Aggressor/TomeFaire/Luna) x Cynthia@Dark Flier (LB/GF/TF/Luna/DualGuard+)

Lucina@Dark Flier (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DualStrike+) x Owain@Sage (LB/Agg/GF/TF/Astra)

Morgan@Paladin (LB/GF/SwordFaire/Luna/Ignis) x Inigo@Hero (LB/GF/Agg/SF/Astra)

Virion!Severa@Wyvern Lord (LB/GF/LanceFaire/Vengeance/All+2) x Vaike!Gerome@Berserker (LB/Agg/AxeFaire/All+2/Tantivity)

Don't forget to give everyone every tonic (the most important one is Spd on Severa). That's not a maxed team, but four pairs should be plenty if you bring lots of staffbots. I don't like using Astra by itself, but most of your Galeboys don't have Luna, so they'll have to make do.

Torva, similar rallies don't stack. Having two copies of Spectrum/Def/Res just wastes space.

OK, I'm gonna assume your whole team is maxed. First of all, Limit Breaker on every unit. It makes them much easier. Second of all, pair every one with their S supports, or A supports, at the least. Third of all, 2 rally bots, I would reccomend using a summoned phantom. For my rally bots, I'm using spectrum, strength, defense, resitence, and magic for my male rally bot, and spectrum, speed, skill, defense, and resitence for my female rally bot. Also, I'm giving Tiki's Tear to MU, my S support (TBD), Morgan, and Chrom. And anyone else who I think would need it. Finally, the team is up to you. I would HIGHLY reccomened Olivia, and 2-3 healers should be good. This may seem like a cheap method of doing it, but I intend on winning this challenge. Also, make sure your units are outside of enemy range, and kill the healers first. Good luck!

Thank you :)

Hmm.

Brady@Sage (LimitBreaker/GaleForce/Aggressor/TomeFaire/Luna) x Cynthia@Dark Flier (LB/GF/TF/Luna/DualGuard+)

Lucina@Dark Flier (LB/GF/Aether/Luna/DualStrike+) x Owain@Sage (LB/Agg/GF/TF/Astra)

Morgan@Paladin (LB/GF/SwordFaire/Luna/Ignis) x Inigo@Hero (LB/GF/Agg/SF/Astra)

Virion!Severa@Wyvern Lord (LB/GF/LanceFaire/Vengeance/All+2) x Vaike!Gerome@Berserker (LB/Agg/AxeFaire/All+2/Tantivity)

Don't forget to give everyone every tonic (the most important one is Spd on Severa). That's not a maxed team, but four pairs should be plenty if you bring lots of staffbots. I don't like using Astra by itself, but most of your Galeboys don't have Luna, so they'll have to make do.

Alright, thank you for the tips :)

MODEDIT: hi, don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

It appears we're in need of an Apotheosis guide. Or perhaps a revival of an existing one? Idk, I'm new here. There's some good tips on this thread already, maybe one thread with a guide where people can discuss teams and such? I'm guessing the SSB4 hype is bringing in a lot of old and new players alike.