Chrom for DLC Movement

Deviddo

Hello everyone! I'm a spokesperson for a movement that began not too long ago, a movement to include Chrom in SSB4 as a DLC addon after the game is released. Below I'll quote what the leader of said movement would like me to pass on to anyone willing to read this topic, I'll include the website for said movement and any other meeting points for the movement as well. Now, without further ado:

So I'm not sure how well received this would be here, but I figured it's worth a shot. :)

Essentially, I'm here to rally some support for something. I realize this is controversial, so I can understand if you don't wish to do so.

Basically, I'm starting a movement of source. It may not get anywhere, but hey. If I don't try there's no chance of success, as opposed to a very small chance. Maybe I'm just an optimist.

If any of you are familiar with Smash Bros.'s speculation scene, the infamous "Gematsu Leak" originally stated that Chrom was playable, but was shot down in that regard due to him being a Final Smash. However, in an interview Masahiro Sakurai had with Famitsu, it states that a character was dropped mid-development, so they added Lucina as a last-minute Marth clone. This would coincide with the leak.

The other thing the leak mentioned was the possibility of post-release character DLC. With Chrom being a Final Smash, this leaves him in a prime spot for it, especially if he was dropped mid-development. His leftover data may still be on-disc/cartridge. Similar to how Conductor Link is replaced by Alfonzo on the Spirit Train when Toon Link is being played, Chrom would be replaced in Robin's Final Smash by someone else (likely Morgan or Frederick) when being played as. In turn, the Chrom fans get what they want, and those who don't want him can choose to not download him. All the movement needs is more support. Matthew Mercer has already supported the movement over Twitter, and quite a few Smashboards members are on board as well.

For those skeptical about what Chrom could bring to Smash Bros., the official website for the movement offers a comprehensive move-set meant to possibly give a new-formed opinion on Chrom's potential as a playable fighter, while still keeping him mostly true to his appearance in Awakening.

That being said, I do hope you guys consider, but as I said, I know this will be controversial, and may not amount to much in the end, but hey, what's the harm in trying, right? For those who are interested, the website can be foundhere. Thanks for your time, guys! :)

And I'll go ahead and post the website again, along with any other sites for the movement:

(For Twitter and Tumblr, please use the tag "ChromForSmash"!)

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them. As a side note during discussion, be sure to keep it clean guys. I know some folks might not care for Chrom, and that's completely fine! But please do not bash the idea or anyone who happens to support it!

Sakurai said he couldn't make Chrom unique in an interview, no? I mean, I'm all for characters getting DLC (although I don't see it happening), but if Sakurai cant think of something good for Chrom, then it'd be better to just leave it to someone else.

I wanted Chrom in Smash 4 badly, too, but isn't this just the slightest bit much? 8U Sakurai wouldn't just add Chrom via DLC because of some online petition.

uh, let's see...

PRIME CANDIDATE FOR SMASH 4 IS CHROM

Uh, I think Sakurai already thought about Chrom... Not to mention that hastily adding a character could throw off balance and stuff...

Also I'd rather have Sumia in as a captain falcon clone.

Edited by Comet

yeah

no

sorry I just can't get myself to support this

I wouldn't really complain if he was in but... it's kinda enough with 4 and I'd rather have Roy or someone who wouldn't be generic :\

Uh, I think Sakurai already thought about Chrom... Not to mention that hastily adding a character could throw off balance and stuff...

latter part too

@L95 ssshh, let them at least get their feelings out lol

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

I wish you and fellow supporters good luck in your endeavors, but I will personally not support Chrom as his own playable character. I'm fine with him being a Final Smash. Besides, I'm not sure this will go anywhere, and I supported a petition for an official translation for that 3DS Digimon game.

Edited by Konnor97

I understand a lot of you don't really agree with this sort of thing, and in that respect I apologize if this has wasted your time. Thank all of you for at least taking the time to respond and provide comments and your ideas on the topic.

what's this? your favourite fe protagonist isn't playable in ssb?

join the fucking club you don't see hector fans or sigurd fans or eirika fans or even roy fans making stupidly big deals about it

seriously fe13 already has TWO playable characters there is no way in hell it having any more is even remotely justified

I find it humorous that the Fire Emblem forum is the one that has almost no support towards this 'movement', but other places not about Fire Emblem, there is support towards it.

Haha I think that's because hardcore Fire Emblem fans think having Chrom in the game, especially at this point after Lucina and Robin have been added would be pretty disappointing because there are many other characters we'd rather see from past games. Lots of people still rooting for Ephraim or Hector and so on. Two reps for Awakening is enough, and I'm happy with Lucina over Chrom although I would've been fine either way, Robin is the real kicker for me, he/she's gonna be awesome.

Though a different moveset would've been really cool and exciting to see.

Edited by That Person's Name

I'm not particularly interested in Chrom showing up in Smash 4, but regardless hopefully your effort pays off.

I understand a lot of you don't really agree with this sort of thing, and in that respect I apologize if this has wasted your time. Thank all of you for at least taking the time to respond and provide comments and your ideas on the topic.

Nah, you haven't really done anything wrong. Non sequitur, but have you played Mega Man Legends?

Edited by Refa

Well then maybe you should translate it for him, slacker!

Any IPs outside of Japan are banned at 2ch from posting.

Good luck getting Japanese support there.

Why did I respond to that seriously?

People are already making petitions? The game hasn't even come out yet!

I would rather have Chrom in than Lucina or Robin, but what's done is done. Honestly, I don't want 5 fire emblem characters in ssb4.

Now if you were petitioning for Hector, then that would be a whole other story...

What? No.

EDIT: Lack of eloquency aside, RFoF basically summed up my thoughts on the matter .3. Anyone who thinks this is a good idea has an astounding lack of understanding as to how games work and are made, never mind that people apparently want Chrom (which personally I haven't seen a ton of evidence of).

Edited by BANRYU

I saw the mention at Smashboards that this would be posted here.

Really can't support this, though, and not because I was anti-Chrom before (we've got Robin and Lucina, so I have little reason to be anti-Chrom now). It's just not a good idea.

If any of you are familiar with Smash Bros.'s speculation scene, the infamous "Gematsu Leak" originally stated that Chrom was playable, but was shot down in that regard due to him being a Final Smash. However, in an interview Masahiro Sakurai had with Famitsu, it states that a character was dropped mid-development, so they added Lucina as a last-minute Marth clone. This would coincide with the leak.

Unless new information has come out, the part about someone being dropped was misleading speculation not stated anywhere in Famitsu. Even if it is true, it's already become clear that that wouldn't have anything to do with Lucina's inclusion, anyway. a Morgan or Frederick for her.

In addition, I think other Fire Emblem characters can and should take priority over Chrom if post-release DLC actually were to happen.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I think we'd have better luck getting Chrom as a skin; but too many people are opposed to this--as much as I would have loved to see Chrom, I don't think he's getting in. Thanks for attempting this though.

You got Matt freaking Mercer to respond on the twitter page? Awesome.

Edited by Mugen Wing