Your Top 10 Games:

solrocknroll

I figured that it'd be interesting to ask what everyone's 10 favorite games are.

10. Kid Icarus: Uprising

9. Suikoden II
8. Super Smash Bros. Melee
7. Final Fantasy VI
6. Mother 3
5. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
4. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Fire Emblem Awakening
2. Final Fantasy X
1. Pokemon Emerald

Edited by Rinoa Heartilly

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Pokemon Platinum

2. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

3. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

4. No More Heroes 2

5. No More Heroes 1

6. Pokemon Emerald

7. Bravely Default

8. Final Fantasy VII

9. Zenonia 4

10. Zenonia

10. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

9. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All

8. Touhou Project 12: Undefined Fantastic Object

7. Fire Emblem

6. Super Mario 64 (and its DS port)

5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

4. Pokemon Emerald

3. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

2. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Hmmmmm.

10.) Partners in Time (Mario and Luigi)

9.) Pokemon Ruby

8.) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Red/Blue)

7.) Persona 3 Portable

6.) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Explorers)

5.) Persona 4 Golden

4.) Pokemon Y

3.) Project X Zone

2.) Pokemon Conquest

1.) Pokemon XD

Is it obvious enough that I'm a Pokemon fanboy?

This edit was important so all the games start with the letter "P"

Edited by Breezy Kanzaki

I don't remember but I need to update this anyway

1 Baten Kaitos: Origins

2 Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

3 Dark Souls II

4 Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater

5 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

6 Super Mario 64

7 Metroid Prime

8 GoldenEye 64

9 Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2 Rogue Leader

10 Monster Hunter Tri

Edited by Komeiji Koishi

10474669_761099567275413_900334860157590

#1. Yoshi's Island

#2. Terranigma

#3. Metal Gear Solid 3

#4. Shin Megami Tensei IV

#5. Shadow of the Colossus

#6. Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

#7. Flower

#8. System Shock 2

#9. Iji

#10. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

---

#11. Final Fantasy VI

#12. Journey

#13. Yume Nikki

#14. MOTHER 3

#15. Dino Crisis 2

#16. Dragon Quest V

#17. Bioshock

#18. To the Moon

#19. Portal 2

#20. Chrono Trigger

1. Xenoblade Chronicles

The Last Story

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword

Mario Kart 8

Super Mario 3D World

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

Child of Light

Star Wars: The Old Republic

SWKOTOR II

EDIT: @ 2 up, obviously: that's 20

way to follow a very simple direction

10: monster hunter tri ultimate. i couldn't leave the expansion pack sequel to the game that got me my woman off this list, c'mon.

9: company of heroes. nothing can compare to the first shots of the company of heroes demo oh-so-many years ago. it outdid dawn of war in every way and relic hasn't topped it since.

8: diablo 2. respect the legend.

7: guild wars. it wasn't an mmo, i don't give a shit what people said. it was one of the best singleplayer/henchmen coop simulator rpgs ever.

6: mechwarrior 3. not 4. 2 was great, but not 2. 3. mechwarrior online is a sufficiently good entry into the series, it must be said.

5: fire emblem 13. respect the legend.

4: kingdom hearts 2. goddamn, i loved that game. one of the very few games i 100%ed more than once just for the hell of it.

3: myth 2. fixed (most) everything that bogged myth down, could be modded to fuck and back, great replayability singleplayer thanks to body parts physics and explosions, and co-op with parrhesia was just the best.

2: enemy territory. i think i spent basically a year of my life doing very little but playing this game. there were other fpses before, and other since, but none have ever had the magic of enemy territory.

1: master of magic. game of the all time. it shows its age these days unfortunately but nostalgia can hold it together for a game now and again. i've just sunk too much emotional investment and time into this game for it to be anything but.

Edited by Integrity

in no particular order

Dark Souls

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Spec Ops: The Line

Psychonauts

The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Monster Hunter Tri/Freedom Unite

Final Fantasy V

No More Heroes

Super Mario World/Yoshi's Island

WINNING ELEVEN

the games on top i roughly like more than the games in the bottom

PC GAMES NO CONSOLE SCRUBBERY (i guess)

1. Diablo 2 - respect the legend (will forever be the best for me)

2. Age of Empires 2 + Expansion - Classic RTS along with the original, which is also good but AoE2 takes the prize

3. Unreal Tournament 2k4 - fuck this game is awesome, my favourite shooter

4. Timesplitters: Future Perfect - okay not pc but it's the shooter I choose after Unreal Tournament because it's great.

5. Warcraft 3 + Expansion - fantastic rts, I play it again every so often

6. Medieval II: Total War + Kingdoms Expansion - The total war series is one of my favourites, so I decided I would only pick one from it: most people seem to prefer Rome, but I really like Medieval 2.

7. Neverwinter Nights - Probably more due to nostalgia, but this was a great D&D game to me.

8. Freelancer - It actually has quite a lot of flaws, but it's good enough that kept me coming back to it.

9. Dark Souls I & II - I liked both, I don't think I could really pick between them. I like them both more than Demon's Souls, though.

10. Fire Emblem: Gaiden - I'm weird for liking this more than any other FE but thar you go.

Edited by Tryhard

empire was the best though

I know several truckloads of people that would be willing to disagree with you on this one

including me, who thought empire was the worst

note: I haven't had the motivation to go back and play it after the terrible launch.

yeah i hated it on launch too

i actually bought it on huge sale like right around when napoleon came out and i put more time into it than any other total war game

it's also one of two total war games i actually finished a whole campaign on, the other being s2tw: fots

10) Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - The first Diablo was good, Diablo II was great, and then, once Blizzard actually got patches under its belt, it got even better.

9) Kirby Super Star - Milky Way Wishes. 'Nuff said.

8) Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete - One of the first non-Nintendo RPGs that I played (in fact, I think I had only played Super Mario RPG and Pokémon prior to playing it). The story might not be as good as Silver Star Story Complete, but I'll take the engine improvements over that. Plus, who doesn't love Leo's manly quotes when he fights?

7) Valkyria Chronicles - Art style and gameplay together were enough to get me to buy the game before I even owned a PS3.

6) Chrono Cross - Yasunori Mitsuda's musical talents are god-like.

5) Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Still amazes me to this day that younger!me thought it was completely stupid that they gave partners HP and had all-new partners throughout. Needless to say, younger!me was the stupid one.

4) Skies of Arcadia Legends - Pirates and the wonder of exploration. Just wish that the battles had something more going on in them instead of just being turn-based with caps on what you can use.

3) Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Didn't have too many games as a kid for my Genesis, so I ended up playing this a tonnnnnn.

2) The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons - Still the pinnacle of the 2-D series for me, even over Link to the Past. (Though, I haven't played Minish Cap or Link Between Worlds.)

1) Grandia II - Best single implementation of the series' battle system that doesn't have other flaws going along with it. namely the story in the cases of III and Xtreme. Doesn't hurt at all that Millenia is amazing, either. (Did you know that the voice actress of Ariel from The Little Mermaid voices her? Let that sink in for a minute.)

10. Golden Sun: The Lost Age

9. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

8. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

7. Persona 4 Golden

6. Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra

5. Pokemon SoulSilver

4. World of Warcraft

3. Pokemon Emerald

2. Tales of Symphonia

1. Fire Emblem 7

Oh, easy list for me. :3

1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

2. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

4. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

6. Fire Emblem: Awakening

7. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

8. Super Mario Galaxy 2

9. Super Mario Galaxy

10. Super Mario 3D World

Yeah, you can tell that FE, Zelda, Mario, and Smash are my top franchises. lol Pokemon is fifth.

Edited by Anacybele

Warning: Zelda fangasm incoming.

10- Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem- It's like IS took everything that I would've wanted out of a Fire Emblem and put it in a game. I love the difficulty and how fast paced, but smart the gameplay is.

9- Super Mario Galaxy 2- I loved this one more than the first, which is weird. I guess Yoshi and the tons of new levels and vast amounts of things to do are the reason.

8- Donkey Kong Country Series- they always have great soundtracks and are just the right difficulty for me. Really enjoyable games.

7- Xenosaga Series- I don't normally prioritize story in a game, but damn, it didn't matter for these games.

6- Super Smash Bros. Melee- enjoyable in multiple ways. Love it so much ever since it was released in 2001.

5- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds- what a great, fun game to play. Like...damn.

4- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword- Loved the gameplay and the story was alright in my book, but everything about it pales in comparison to the other 3 zeldas for me.

3- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker- Great artstyle that never ages, lots to do, it's a great game...if a bit too easy.

2- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time- This game is a masterpiece. It does everything pretty well but I can't help but like Majora's Mask more.

1- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask- This is a game I loved right from it's opening. It's simply a beautiful game. Great music and atmosphere. The amount of sidequests one can do in this game is amazing. The masks were pretty cool and added a lot to the gameplay. The sense of urgency of the game while still not being enough to take away from the exploration is also pretty cool.

Edited by PKL

I find it weird, that sometimes I like some characters more than others, despite only having played one of their games (Zero Suit). I like the Zelda series tons more than the Metroid series, though my likeness for Zelda is not even close to how much I like Samus.

1. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

3. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

4. Kid Icarus: Uprising

5. Scribblenauts Unlimited

6. Fire Emblem Awakening

7. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

8. Metroid: Other M

9. Super Mario 3D World

10. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

11. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

12. Mario Kart 8

Can I say Project M instead of Brawl?

Edited by Carter

10: Super Mario World

9: Pokemon Soul Silver

8: Mario and Luigi Partners in Time

7: FE6

6: Pokemon Platinum

5: SSBB

4: Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

3: DOTA 2

2: FE8

1: Pokemon Y/Super Mario Galaxy

Edited by Siegmund

In no particular order:

1. Fire Emblem Awakening

2. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

3. Kingdom Hearts 2

4. Super Smash Bros Brawl

5. Legend of Zelda A link between Worlds

6. Super Mario Sunshine

7. Final Fantasy 7

8. Final Fantasy 10

9. Blazblue continuum Drift

10. Final Fantasy Tactics

Also in no particular order (although the first one is my all-time favorite):

Baldur's Gate II: SoA

Ninja Gaiden

Dark Souls

Age of Empires (well 1, 2 and Mythology, but one place suffices)

Warcraft 3

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

F-Zero GX

SSB Melee

Metroid Prime

DoA3

In no particular order, either:

- Path of Exile

- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (currently Japanese only, but SOON)

- Zwei 2 (currently Japanese only, but... eventually?)

- Terraria

- Monmusu Quest Part 2

- Sonic 3 & Knuckles

- Streets of Rage 2

- Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium

- Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu

- Final Fantasy VI

in no particular order

Fire Emblem Thracia 776

Devil May Cry 3

Dark Souls

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Pokemon HGSS

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Streets of Rage 2

Donkey Kong Country 2

Resident Evil 4

Final Fantasy VI

Edited by Ice Sage

1. Xenoblade Chronicles (My favorite game ever made. I like it so much that I bought it three times and will probably buy it a fourth, which is saying a lot given how pricey it is, just so that other people I know can play it. In case you're curious, I my three copies were for myself, my dad, and my sister, and the fourth will be for my niece who won't even be born yet for another two months. I just want to get it now because it will be even more expensive by the time she's actually old enough to play it)

2. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (It's kind of short, especially for an RPG, and easy, but I played this game for the first time when I was five. There's a lot of childhood memories involved)

3. Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (This wasn't actually the first FE I played. I had it on my Christmas list for a few years due to being interested in the series because of Marth and Roy in Melee, but my mom always picked other games on the list instead. I got Path of Radiance before it, which I also enjoyed a lot and probably would have made this list 5 years ago. When I finally did play it, though, it became my favorite Fire Emblem game)

4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I know the pros think only scrubs and casuals like Brawl more than Melee, but I like the expanded roster and new features. Plus, I'm used to the slower gameplay now)

5. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Probably the best Mario RPG, even if the original Super Mario RPG wins out on my list due to nostalgia)

6. Baten Kaitos Origins (Like Xenoblade, this game was made my Monolith Soft, which could be the modern version of SNES-era Squaresoft in terms of RPG quality. Buying them was a great move by Nintendo. A fair warning, though, this game is HARD. However, its difficulty just makes it that much more satisfying when you finally beat it)

7. Final Fantasy VI (Speaking of SNES Squaresoft, this list wouldn't be complete without this classic. I never got to play this game until the GBA remake, but it holds up very well. Easily my favorite Final Fantasy game)

8. Chrono Trigger (You could basically copy the things I wrote about FFVI here. It's another SNES Squaresoft RPG that I missed the chance to play as a kid, that I didn't really get access to until a remake came out)

9. Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (A frequently-overlooked N64 game with lots of content and replayability. I actually expected this to make the top five when I started this list. Still, it's a great game and, if you can find it somehow, you should check it out)

10. Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wow, there's a lot of RPGs here. Anyway, this is my favorite of the three Golden Sun games, and most Golden Sun fans would agree. It's the longest, most content-packed installment, which is saying something since this was a GBA game and Dark Dawn was for the DS. Like Ogre Battle, I expected this to be much higher when I started making this list)

A few honorable mentions that just barely missed the list: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Kingdom Hearts, Mount & Blade: Warband, Crusader Kings II, Super Paper Mario

Edit: I could give an honorable mention to A Link Between Worlds, too. When my #1 and only complaint is that it's way too short, that's a good sign that the content that it does have is high quality.

Edited by ClevelandSteve