Your Top 10 Games:

solrocknroll

1.) Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (I am bias, this was my first game and the best)

2.) Pokemon Heartgold (That GUI)

3.) Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (It's so charming despite not following the regular Zelda formula.)

4.) Punch-Out (My dad owned an NES and I played it, so fun >< the newer one looks cool but I haven't tried it)

5.) Contra (Dammit NES again)

6.) Golden Sun (Mario Tennis: Power Tour nostalgia got me into this)

7.) Radiant Historia (It was a different type of RPG for me, I haven't tried many like it)

8.) Plants vs Zombies (It was addicting, I got to 10,000 flags on Survival Endless eventually)

9.) Fire Emblem 7 (First Fire Emblem game I played, and loved it)

10.) Flappy Bird Dekaron (Korean MMO, my uncle gave me his account played it till I got to level 160)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really in particular order to be honest, it was hard to choose from so many favourite games.

10. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

9. Gunstar Heroes

8. Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword

7. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

6. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

5. Super Mario Sunshine

4. Super Smash Bros. Melee

3. Sonic The Hedgehog 2

2. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

1. Sonic Adventure DX

Some that didn't make it on this list are Sonic Generations, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Soul Silver, Starfox Assault, Starfox Adventures, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Party 7, Mega Man Battle Network 5 and Megaman & Bass.

Edited by DragonLord

My opinion changes a lot, but:

1. Metroid Prime- This game is so fun, so atmospheric, so wondrous and beautiful that it might never make it off this pedestal. Other M should feel ashamed for trying to follow up to the Metroid Prime trilogy.

2. Zelda: Twilight Princess- I guess I just like the world of this game, I thought this was a beautiful. I like the dungeons and the puzzles, it isn't perfect but I spent a lot of time that I feel attached.

3. Fire Emblem 7- Best Fire Emblem game IMO, the story was good, the gameplay was nice, I just like this game.

4. Pokemon Emerald- See best region thread.

5. Batman: Arkham City/Shadow of the Colossus- Couldn't decide which one of these was a better game. SotC is certainly an experience like no other, with something that could never be replicated to the same effect. Arkham City has just so much fun stuff to do, stealth, action, exploration, puzzles and it does each so well without breaking atmosphere.

6. Castlevania SotN- Fun side-scrolling action and exploration with a huge amount of enemies. Granted, I haven't played the DS and GBA Castlevanias yet, but so far this is the best 2D side-scroller I've played.

7. Metal Gear Solid 2- I like this one, believe it or not, even with its joke of a plot.

8. Zelda: ALBW- Short, simple, fun.

9. Xenoblade Chronicles- This is a really good game, even when it is ridiculous. Great fantastical environment to explore and fun combat. Yes, fun combat, in a JRPG, quite a rare thing. Story's nice too.

10. Civilization V- Bought this game a short while ago and already I've spent more time on it than some of my oldest games. I guess I just like running a country.

I decided to keep this one game per franchise with the exception of Zelda. I wish I could have found a spot for MegaMan 3, Mark of the Ninja and Project M on this list.

Edited by Knight

In particular order

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Star Fox 64
3. Yoshi's Island
4. Iggy's Reckin' Balls
5. Fire Emblem: Binding Blade
6. Space Station Silicon Valley
7. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
8. Super Mario 64
9. Diddy Kong Racing
10. Mario Golf

10. Mario Golf

Dude! I thought I was the only one that loved that game! I played it to death trying to unlock every course. But being the only one in my family that ever touched it, it just took too long earning enough course points. xP

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots. Awesome conclusion to the series (at the time anyway) that combined all my favorite things from all the games in my favorite series.

2. Metal Gear Solid. This one's a classic, it has so much in it and one of my favorite video game stories. Also very fun to speedrun.

3. The Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker. So much exploration and a real sense of adventure plus an endgame I loved give this the close edge for my favorite Zelda.

4. Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door. The best Paper Mario game by far, it has fantastic combat and stages I really loved to play, especially Glitz Pitz.

5. Chrono Trigger. Just the perfect RPG in so many ways, it has a fantastic combat system and everything about it feels done flawlessly.

6. Pokemon Black and White. My ideal Pokemon game with a surprisingly neat story and a ton of new Pokemon I liked.

7. Pokemon Colosseum. Lots of fun battles, Cipher is awesome, snagging is boss as hell, and it's short and sweet.

8. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Even though this is way below Wind Waker, a few small adjustments could have easily made it my favorite Zelda game and it still has the same sense of an epic journey.

9. Final Fantasy XII. My ideal Final Fantasy with mostly cool characters (Vaan can fuck off) and really well done gameplay.

10. F-Zero GX. Hard as hell and completely unforgiving but really fun and very satisfying.

No particular order:

PC:

Age of Empires II

Civilization III

Siedler III (German game)

Sim City 4

Consoles:

Super Mario World

Donkey Kong Country 2 Diddy's Conquest

Ocarina Of Time

Super Mario 64

Banjo Kazooie

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Goldeneye 64

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Fire Emblem 9 and 10

Tales of Vesperia (Haven't started Symphonia yet)

I haven't played many games for PS yet, so most of these games are for Nintendo consoles.

10. Tales of Destiny

9. Hamtaro: Ham Hams Unite

8. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

7. Kirby Super Star Ultra

6. Ys I&II Chronicles

5. Der Langrisser

4. F-Zero X

3. The King of Fighters 2002 UM

2. Super Smash Brothers Melee

1. Star Fox 64

Top 10 is hard to pin down, it really depends on my mood. Shining Force II, Sonic R, Donkey Kong 64, And Mario Kart: Double Dash!! usually drift in and out of the rankings.

10. Ikaruga - For my money, this is the most expertly crafted bullet hell ever made. It's not punishingly difficult like, say, a Touhou, but I had a lot more fun with this than any of those games.

9. Fallout: New Vegas - Probably my favorite RPG ever made. It's a very well-written story and world, and not just for video games.

8. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - This was my first Fire Emblem after Awakening, so I'm probably a bit biased, but everything about this game just clicked for me. Also it has my favorite support system.

7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - I'm a bit of a Zelda hipster. The main reason I love this game is that it's so weird compared to the main series. It's eerie, it's dark, and I loved it.

6. XCOM: Enemy Unknown - This is a remake of one of the best strategy games of all time. I was honestly surprised by just how good it was, and still is.

5. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - After being dissapointed with Metal Gear for a couple games, Rising made me a fanboy all over again. It's funny, the soundtrack is gloriously over-the-top, and the gameplay is just great.

4. Dark Souls - You've probably already heard every single reason this game is perfect. I honestly think it's a tad overrated, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game.

3. Devil May Cry 3 - If it weren't for my number 1 pick, this would still be my favorite stylish action game of all time. It's brutally difficult, but so so so satisfying to pull off.

2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - This is my pick for best stealth game ever made. It helps that the story is actually rather well-written and well-told.

1. The Wonderful 101 - I know this came out recently, but it honestly blew away almost every game I've played in the last five years. Everything about it from the music to the combat to the spectacle is just fantastic and it is a damn crime that this game hasn't sold like hotcakes.

That was harder than I thought. If I had more spots, I would've included Devil May Cry 4, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Dynasty Warriors 7, and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Edited by Silent Letters

1. the legend of dragoon

2. the legend of spyro

3. fire emblem 7

4. metal gear solid 4

5. phoenix wright t&t (3)

6. kerbal space program

7. brothers: a tale of two sons

8. golden sun: the lost age

9. kingdom hearts 2 or 3d, can't choose

10. chrono trigger

pretty standard. rpgs take up half. i'd add ni no kuni as an honorable mention, it's just barely not top ten.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

10.) Super Mario Bros. 3

9.) Valkyrie Profile

8.) Pokemon Gold

7.) Illusion of Gaia

6.) Fire Emblem Thracia 776

5.) Ys Chronicles (the first one is my favourite)

4.) Mario Kart 7

3.) Suikoden

2.) Dragon Warrior VII

1.) Etrian Odyssey II

10. EarthBound

9. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

8. Mazes of Fate

7. Mega Man

6. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

5. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

4. Street Fighter IV

3. Spec Ops: The Line

2. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

1. Dark Souls

Edited by Rollertoaster

Here are mine, in no order, except for the last one:

-Jet Force Gemini (A forgotten 3rd person shooter made by Rare during their golden days with Nintendo)

-Xenosaga Episode I

-Fire Emblem: Awakening

-Zelda: Majora's Mask (I'm not exactly a Zelda fan, but this one is special)

-Custom Robo

-Gotcha Force (PLEASE, HAS ANYONE OUT THERE HEARD OF THIS ONE???)

-Team Fortress 2

-Banjo Tooie

-Pokemon Platinum

#1: Mother 3!!!!!!!

1. Path of Radiance. My favorite FE does somewhat vary, but PoR is usually it. This was my first one, so might be slight nostalgia bias.

2. Smash Bros. Brawl/Melee: Melee for nostalgia, Brawl for more characters and stages.

3. Pokemon Emerald: Hoenn best region

4. Fire Emblem 7: Even though this is like, my fourth Fire Emblem, I love it. It gives me a nostalgic feel playing it in spite of not being my first one.

5. Shadow of the Colossus: If you haven't played this game, you need to.

6. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn: Awesome game, just not as good as PoR or FE7 to me.

7. Super Mario World: Nostalgia, sort of, but still great.

8. Age of Mythology: Pretty much my first real-time strategy game.

9. RuneScape/World of Warcraft: I dunno why, but I still go back to these games sometimes.

10. Medieval II: Total War or Rome Total War. Discovered these games recently, but they're AMAZING. Thank you, Steam!

^The order may be slightly off, so I may edit this later, but my top 10 would be these games.

Honorable Mentions to FE: Awakening, Pokemon Gold/Silver, half the Zelda series, XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Edited by Wander

These 10 were very tough to come up with but here they are.

10. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
I liked this game because of some of it's gameplay (you really needed to consider what you need to do to get through the chapter, especially with the dawn brigade) and the way they approached the different groups you played was interesting (although a bit unfair, since the Dawn Brigade can have a lot of troubles in Part 3 thanks to the enemies with high stats and them facing the Greil Mercenaries). This game has quite a bit of faults (Biorhythm affects too much, the storyline isn't the greatest and this game's hard mode does unnecessary things to make things more difficult. Removing the ability to see the enemy's range was just stupid). Overall, i think this is a decent game.

9. Tales of Symphonia
This is what got me interested in the tales series. I liked how this game worked overall. The Technical and Strike meter let's you choose what kind of artes you use and the EX gems give player skills that each character can greatly benefit from. It also helps that this game had a good storyline and i really like some of the music in this game.

8. Kid Icarus: Uprising
My second favorite 3DS game. The gameplay is nice and varied (Especially Land Battles and the fact that you have to select your powers with careful consideration if you want to get through this game on 9.0), some of the music is good and the characters in this game are hilarious (Hades is my favorite). The way difficulty was handled here was great since you can scale up the difficulty as you please to give yourself the transition you need to get to the hardest difficulty and completing all Chapters in the hardest difficulty in itself is one of the most challenging things i have ever done, along with Boss Battles on Hard mode). The treasure hunt also keeps things fresh by providing tasks that can get you out of your comfort zone (Say you most familiar with staffs, have fun beating a few missions with the club). The multiplayer is also good since the powers give an important emphasis on the strategy of the match. I would recommend this game to anybody, even though the controls required a bit of getting used to.

7. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The best Zelda Game i have played for the fact that there is a lot of good storyline content in this game, the dungeons in this game were the most well designed dungeons i have seen in Zelda games (Award goes to Great Bay Temple for the Pipe system and Stone Tower Temple since the temple can be flipped upside down) and the soundtrack in this game is the best Zelda music i have heard. If there was another game that could have a Master Quest version like Ocarina of Time, i would want it to be this game (I would love to see how a Master Quest Stone Tower Temple would play out!).

6. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
First Fire Emblem Game i ever played. The gameplay was solid and Bonus EXP was a great way to get people lagging behind up to speed. This is my 6th favorite game since playing this makes me remember most of the good memories of my life. This game can definitely use harder difficulties though (What was Nintendo's reasoning when they decided not to put Maniac Mode other than Japan's version of the game).

5. Goldeneye 007
This is a great first person shooter. The controls were consistent and the gameplay of each solo mission was great. This game gets especially difficult once you play this game on 00 Agent since you need to make sure you survive and get rid of the threats around you, rather than just rushing to the end. The multiplayer was also good since you can choose what weapon sets and rules were applied to each match. This game gets beaten by Perfect Dark since the gameplay for it is completely similar to Goldeneye but improves the multiplayer for the game by a significant amount.

4. Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
This is the very game that improved my skill with the FE series in it's entirety. What impressed me the most about this game is how the A.I was handled here in comparison to it's previous counterparts. The A.I won't really fall for the Bait and Switch tactic anymore unless multiple enemies can get in hits and the placement of reinforcements will require you to come up with a solid plan to get through the chapter. When playing at a certain difficulty, this game requires you to take advantage of all the resources you acquire, rather than just letting them sit there (Ex: Use of Rescue and Warp staffs and Use of high might weapons). I especially liked the difficulty options of this game. You can scale up difficulties without too much trouble since there isn't a massive jump between any of them. Although Awakening is my favorite FE, this is a very, very close second to it.

3. Fire Emblem: Awakening
This game definitely didn't disappoint when i got it. There are a lot of possibilities to pass the time with this game. You can grind in this game for an easy way to create a team that you have planned for yourself but you can also try to complete this game with no grinding whatsoever (the difficulty can be especially satisfying if you don't use too much things that break the game). This game can improve on a few things, like balancing the difficulty levels a bit (A Maniac mode would have been good to make the jump between Hard and Lunatic less rough) and nerf some things that trivialize the game. All in All though, i find this to be a great game.

2. Perfect Dark
This is a game i have been playing since i first played video games. Like in Goldeneye, The controls for this game were consistent, the gameplay was great (i liked the whole objectives layout for each mission, how there was more objectives when it was at a harder difficulty and playing Perfect Agent on this game is a satisfying challenge). This game tops Goldeneye for the sake that the enemy A.I was improved so it was harder to deal with them and the Multiplayer had much more custom options than Goldeneye did (You can come up with a lot of unique setups for the match). I can go back to this and not be bored of it (I also did speedruns of all missions of all difficulties in this game).

1. Jet Force Gemini
This game stuck with me from the very first time i played video games up until now. I played this for countless amount of hours and it took me the longest time to actually complete this game (didn't help that i had to find those damned tribals to beat the game). I liked how the gameplay worked (You can get capacity increases for health, maximum ammo and what not) and the soundtrack in this game is second to none to me. This game never bores me (I still play it now by doing speedruns of this game).

i feel really jealous of those people that actually got to play kid icarus without destroying their hands. i had to stop midway through, even with the stand. i've been playing handheld games since i could talk, so i know i was at least holding it right.

i want to trade in my 3ds and get an xl model. :(

10. Donkey Kong Country 2

9. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

8. Resident Evil 4

7. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

6. Super Mario Bros 3

5. Mother 3

4. Earthbound

3. Super Mario World

2. Chrono Trigger

1. Super Metroid

I really, really wanted to put Professor Layton 3 on this list (I mean, look at my avatar), but I couldn't justify it beating SMG. So it gets an honorable mention.

10. Super Mario Galaxy

Platforming perfection. SMG2 was good, but the simple, touching story of SMG1 and the novelty of it made me care about the first game so much more than its sequel.

9. Pokemon Black & White Versions

I've played Pokemon since Red & Blue, so it should stand as a testament to BW that they beat out all my childhood nostalgia for Gens 1 & 2. The decision to only feature new Pokemon during the campaign and the surprisingly great storyline brought back everything I loved about Pokemon plus something totally new to the series, which gave it that magic I haven't felt since I was a very little kid.

8. Portal 2

The level editor alone would be hard to deny a spot on this list, ignoring the hysterical and brilliant campaign.

7. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

An unusual choice for the best Metroid game, but I loved the increased focus on story, and appreciated the slightly more linear world (I love exploring, but some Metroid games go a little overboard with aimless wandering). Also, the art design is incredible.

6. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

The peak of KH gameplay and story. The introduction of the command deck blew every other combat system in the series out of the water, and even later games in the series have failed to replicate its brilliance. Plus the truly epic storlyine from multiple perspectives was a great thing to dig into.

5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

This game pioneered the formula that virtually every Zelda game follows, and managed to have one of the best worlds and special mechanics in the series at the same time. This game was decades ahead of its time.

4. Fire Emblem: Awakening

I adored the marriage/inheritance system, and the amount of DLC and replayability very nearly makes it my favorite FE.

3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

The only adventure game I've played that has truly made me feel free to explore while also providing a brilliantly crafted world and characters. The camera quest could be a game in itself, and it took me years before I even knew it existed.

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I'm not a competitive SSB player, so I don't have any of the hatred for SSBB that much of the internet seems to harbor. With my friends, I've sunk more hours into SSBB than practically any other game I own. Not putting it near the top of my list would be downright dishonest. There are few other games I can play for hundreds upon hundreds of hours, and not only want to play more, but still have loads of stuff left to do in-game.

1. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

This is the first video game that was ever able to pry me away from watching my favorite TV shows after school. I've played through it more times than I can count, and I still love the characters and the engrossing world. It's not the biggest, nor the prettiest, nor the most user-friendly FE game, but its characters and world remain amongst my favorite in any entertainment medium, and its strategy is top notch. It's also seems to me to be a lot better balanced than some other FE games, although to be fair, that's not setting the bar very high.

1. Fire Emblem Awakening

2. Team Fortress 2

3. Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure

4. Kamidori Alchemy Meister

5. Kid Icarus Uprising

6. Senran Kagura Burst

7. Pokemon X

8. Cave Story

9. Kirby Super Star Ultra

10. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

10-2 are in no particular order, but #1 is definitive for me.

10) Super Paper Mario

9) Super Mario 3D World

8) Paper Mario: The Thounsand Year Door

7) Final Fantasy 6

6) Romancing SaGa 3 (Haven't beaten this one, yet.)

5) Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow/New Mystery of the Emblem

4) Aero the Acrobat 2 (The best obscure Gem I've ever played.)

3) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

2) Streets of Rage: Remake

1) Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness