Your Top 10 Games:

solrocknroll

1. Goemon's Great Adventure

I absolutely loved playing this game for the N64 with my cousins. single-player wasn't too much fun but I can always enjoy playing with my cousins. Of course, I don't own the cart, they do. It's so much fun playing with them all the time whenever we see each other. It's nostalgic, and I'll always hate Ebisumaru, the fat jerk. Sasuke, Yae, and Goemon were always fun to play as though, and though I never got to beat the game yet, I still loooove playing it alongside my cousins on the N64.

2. Pokemon Stadium 2

Mini games, mini games, mini games. I'm sorry, games like this and Mario Party were and always will be my favorite simply for the competitive vibe they give off. I do like community games the most simply for that community feeling. Playing with the person right next to you is fun. :D

3. Kid Icarus Uprising

Fun game, awesome story, totally got me with some of its twists. Comedic, enjoyable, and my wrists can do anything now. I honestly enjoy playing this game over and over, because I can jump in and do whatever story level I want at a time, and playing with some of the people on this site has been a blast, even if I could only ever be 2nd best in our group, ever fighting for first.... Swords are my favorite weapons, but I like the Palms and Bows in this game better. Swords are still fun.

4.Gunster Rain of Bullets/Metal Slug

Before the hackers got to it and they forced the servers down, I loved this game. It was like Metal Slug, but an MMO. Of course, I love Metal Slug, and even bought two different versions for my X-box 360's virtual console

5. Fire Emblem Sacred Stones

Not my first fire emblem game, but definitely one of my favorite. The postgame was small but entertaining for hours. Getting everyone to 20/20 was definitely fun, but before that, beating the ruins with my non-grinded file on hard mode was just as wonderful. I love their take on the skills in combination with their world map. It was nice, and just because it wasn't the most difficult game doesn't mean I didn't have loads of fun with it.

6.Super Mario 3D World

Love it, absolutely love it. Replay forever, love it. It's only number 6 because after number 1, these numbers don't really matter in terms of importance and more of how they come into my head. I love playing as Luigi with his slightly higher jump and his slightly faster than mario speed but not speed running Toad Speed. I love playing with 3 friends and laughing our heads off as we leave each other in the dust, fighting over power ups and occasionally working together.

7. Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment

It'd be number one if SAO were a real game, but this game is still fantastic. No Pausing (you can hit the menu button on the PSVita and it'll all be good), emotes, a trade system, multiplayer, and permadeath make this game quite the enjoyable. It's like an action adventure Fire Emblem. The Visual Novel bits are kind of cool, and since the translation is ever getting updated, I'll slowly understand the game more and more. If you can wait, it should be out in august. If not, buy it online, it's pretty good, even if you don't enjoy the anime, novels, or manga, the game is excellent. Yes you can customize your character, but another downside is that no matter what you name your character, the characters do use the name "Kirito" and you can only be a boy. But since the Hollow Area is another story, you can imagine that THAT is you :'D

8. Dynasty Warriors Next

Now I know, I know, the dynasty warrior games add very little between the entries, right? Whatever. My last one was Dynasty warriors 5, and I had 4 before that. Next is another experience. The graphics are improved, and I love the customization of my own characters. I made an army of 20 different self-made soldiers with different attitudes, voices, heights, skin colors, hair colors, fighting styles, I could go on about how fun it was fighting alongside my rivals/waifu/siblings in a war to conquer the country and the three known nations. It certainly will help when I want to write a story.

9. Fire Emblem Awakening

I liked it. I really did. I had at least 600 hours put into the game, I beat it up to Lunatic Mode and didn't feel like playing Lunatic+ but... I just couldn't find myself able to re-play it again. From start to finish, the game didn't take me that long the first time, but the second time around the plot, characters, and playstyle of the game didn't seem too interesting. I love the classes, wish the characters had personalized outfits for their re-classes though. or their original class's promotions at least. Re-classing in general was done wrong in my opinion though. I didn't mind Shadow Dragon's Reclassing or New Mystery's re-classing, but by making it seem like there were infinite levels, I just couldn't keep going. Especially with the skill system that was in place. Trying to get all the skills to make the "Perfect Army" Was terrible, especially on Lunatic Mode, which is why I made it on Hard Mode. I guess my biggest problems are with the skill system and re-classing. I also wish I had more customization for Robin, but I don't mind what I got. At least I can customize Robin more than other characters in some games. It's still fun, and I don't care about the story TOO much. If it had a good story, it may be a better game, but if I really wanted an amazing story, I'd read a book, or... a game with an amazing story. ;D (#CelibateRobin)

10. Halo Reach

I enjoy shooters sometimes. I enjoy shooting alongside my friends in power armor against anything really. Halo Reach was fun, it was more fun than Halo 4 (In my opinion) and I personally prefer Halo as my FPS anyway. It's just relaxing to mess around doing Mario Kart: Halo on custom made rainbow roads, or just messing around and pretending we're in a class. Sure some of the gametypes were better than others, but in general, I had a LOT of fun with Halo Reach as a First Person Shooter. It also has two of my favorite weapons in the Halo series, the Needle Rifle and the DMR. It's a fun game.

Edit: Took Pokemon Colosseum off for Kid Icarus Uprising. Let Pokemon Colosseum be an honorary 11.

Edited by Marek

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel weird making a list this direct so i'll just go ahead and split genres.

overall: custom robo (battle revolution) [gcn]
racer: f-zero x [n64] or mario kart: double dash!! [gcn]
sports: ?tony hawk's underground: [gcn ps2 xbox pc]?
fighter: super smash bros. melee [gcn]
linear 3d platformer: sonic adventure DX [pc]
open 3d platformer: donkey kong 64 [n64]
linear 2d platformer: mega man x2 [snes]
exploration 2d platformer: castlevania: aria of sorrow [gba]
dungeon crawler: final fantasy: crustal chronicles [gcn]
action rpg: summon night: swordcraft story [gba]
turn-based dungeon crawler: valkyrie profile [psx]
turn-based rpg: mario&luigi superstar saga [gba]
tactical rpg: tactics ogre: the knight of lodis [gba]
card battle: yu-gi-oh!: dark duel stories [gbc]

No Order

-Mother

Was an absolute spin off after the game got translated! Don't want to spoil the details. Play it and see for yourself.

-Earthbound

One of Nintendo's low tier games, but I've enjoyed it even as a child. Even when your an adult and are married, you still will not forget about it and will continue to play it even to this day.

-Mother 3

Canon. All I have to say to this one. Just fucking play it!

-Fire Emblem Series

Will remain one of my utmost favorite series of all time!

-Metroid Prime 2

The elements in it are far different than in any other game of the series. Also...

Samus>>>>Halo

-Super Metroid

Another to have enjoyed since childhood. ...And can now 100% the game!

-Tear Ring Saga

One of my utmost favorite games of all time! It was a strategy game in terms of raw difficulty like FE's 2 and 8. But...it was fun nonetheless.

-Persona 4

Canon. Play it.

-Persona Revelations

Addictive. Once you touch it, you won't stop playing it until you finish it. There is so much to do in it. The drawback is...you cannot ward off encounters, though this has been fixed in the Playstation portable version that also has the translated Snow Queen's Quest. Which that itself was enjoyable. Accessed it with a Gameshark on the PSX and other than it showing messed up text, it was fun.

-Super Mario Bros 3

My all time favorite classic that still has the actual cart even to this very day in good condition.

-Pokemon Black/White 1&2

My favorite Pokemon games of all time! The gameplay itself was fabulous along with the things that you can do even after finishing it. Plus the story was canon.

-Trace Memory

Enjoyed the playing of Ashley Hopkins who you shall find answer to the happening of her story. Especially, with all of the difficult puzzles that the game throws at you.

-Hotel Dusk215

Kyle Hyde. A police detective on the search for his canon friend, Brad. Staying one night at a dead beat hotel certainly has it's enjoyment. Especially with all of the 70's stuff. Like picking a lock with a hanger, credit card, etc.

-Phoenix Wright/Miles Investigator series

A series that you can get into as it is probably the most well designed story based series that you could ever get your hands on.

-Advanced Wars

Fun to test the knowledge of chess.

-Advanced Wars 2

Same as AW1.

-Final Fantasy III, IV, V, VI, Tactics

Addictive. These were the only ones that I liked and will never forget them. Enjoyed playing them before discovering the Fire Emblem series in 2000. Still play them to this very day.

-Resident Evil1

A fun way to test reflexes and coordination as it was more fun in Chris' quest travelling with Rebecca Chambers.

-Resident Evil2

Addictive. Even fun after finishing it. The unlockables is what made this one top of them.

-Saga Frontier

Loved the story outline of each character and as to what happens in each of their scenarios. A fun RPG that I really got into. Especially, after playing Emelina's, Asellus', Red's and T260G's quests. Something that you should tryout. Especially, since it's difficulty far surpasses Final Fantasy VII's.

-Valkyrie Profile's 1&2

Fun. Fun. Fun. A series I've tried out after Lenneth's introduction in SO3. It was an absolute spin-off the moment that I've touched it. The stories will knock your socks off as well as their difficulties.

-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

A sweet, genre that I love soooo much the moment that I've touched it. It relaxes you in every way possible along with it being more fun without using puppets, but monsters.

-Secret Of Mana

A game that I've enjoyed since childhood. The story was most pleasing that I've ever come across other than Valkyrie Profile and the Mother series. Enjoyed playing this with my little brother.

-Harvest Moon: Friends Of Mineral Town

Can play this for hours and hours especially after marriage.

EDIT: I should touch Kid Icarus: Uprising sometime! :D

Had to go above top ten as these are my utmost favorite games nonetheless.

Edited by Bimbo