Gurumin - Steam Greenlight

TheEnd

While Trails in the Sky and Zwei seem to be in a weird limbo, someone decided to put Gurumin, another one of Falcom's action RPGs, on Greenlight.

Supposedly, they're going to give a free copy to those who vote yes, join the group and post. Even if it turns out to be an elaborate scam, I suppose it's worth a shot. It's a good game after all.

Since I'm bad with threads, I'll just quote esterior's blog post on the matter and call it a day:

Gurumin, Falcoms wild comedy drill adventure game, is finally coming to Steam. Currently, it is a greenlight title, but if we spread the word, we can drum up enough interest to show that fans want more Falcom games on the digital storefront.

The game, ported to the PSP in Japan in 2006, and in North America in 2007 was originally released on PC in 2004. The PSP version featured a slightly different combat engine over the original PC version- though the game was primarily unchanged. However, ten years later, the opportunity for the title to be released on Steam has come.

Please see the Steam website for it, and vote!

While Trails in the Sky and Zwei seem to be in a weird limbo, someone decided to put Gurumin, another one of Falcom's action RPGs, on Greenlight.

Supposedly, they're going to give a free copy to those who vote yes, join the group and post. Even if it turns out to be an elaborate scam, I suppose it's worth a shot. It's a good game after all.

Since I'm bad with threads, I'll just quote esterior's blog post on the matter and call it a day:

Wow TE, you're really into this, huh?

Going so far as to even make a topic advertising the Greenlight. :o

Anyway, how do I join a group?

I clicked 'Yes' and commented, but not the last part...

EDIT: Ohwaitnvm. I figured it out.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I did my part as well!

Still kind of sad my Chinese copy of Gurumin doesn't work on Windows 7 or up. I had just gotten to the final boss when my PC with Windows XP totally died on me...

Still kind of sad my Chinese copy of Gurumin doesn't work on Windows 7 or up. I had just gotten to the final boss when my PC with Windows XP totally died on me...

You could try setting up a virtual machine with XP by using 3rd party software (since the one that comes with Windows 7 is basically worthless).

Of course, that's now a moot point as far as Gurumin goes... hopefully.

I voted yes as well. Never played this one (which is why it's good for me that they're doing this, I guess), but it seemed like a fun enough game.

You could try setting up a virtual machine with XP by using 3rd party software (since the one that comes with Windows 7 is basically worthless).

Of course, that's now a moot point as far as Gurumin goes... hopefully.

My old PCs were too incompetent for that, I think, but I'll bear that in mind : )

Main issue was the lost saves really : P

Whatever the case, it'll be fun replaying the game in English. Assuming it gets green-lit.

Huh, that seems pretty generous. I'd probably have voted for the game even without such an incentive, but hey, I'll certainly take a freebie.

Thanks for the heads-up!

• 8 months later...