Who DIDN'T you use?

Torva

There have been two PCs named Wymp over the course of the series:

One is a randomly generated replacement character in Shadow Dragon (no portrait, generic growths, random class) and another is an Avatar from an Outrealm Order in Awakening (random class/appearance, no mods).

If those aren't redshirts, I don't know what is.

Yeah, but they're both randomly generated units. As far as "redshirts" that are named units with unique portraits and stuff, I don't know, maybe... Tomas? =/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to always bench (with the exception of grinding for the children's inherited skills) Virion, Vaike, Miriel, Kellam, Donnel (this will probably change in the future now that I have EXPonential growth), Gregor, Say'ri, Basilio, Flavia, and all streetpass paralogue characters. Miriel isn't usually benched if I marry her to Kellam or Frederick, though, because then she has more defense in pair ups and doesn't constantly die (if it's Kellam, he isn't benched, either).

All parents except for Chrom, MU, Lissa, and MU's spouse get benched once I get the kids, though. On a rare occasion I'll keep Chrom's wife and Lissa's husband, too, but again, that's rare.

Why does nobody use Gregor? The dude is awesome, he's amazing as a hero. I remember when I was on the chapter to recruit him, I was scared he was gonna die, but he swept like half the army before I even got there.

@Torva

Eh, I don't use Gregor because I already have too many sword-users at that point. At the point of getting him, I have, what, 6-8? That includes my avatar (usually), Frederick, Sully, and Stahl, too... I mean, he can use axes, but that isn't until after promotion. Besides for that, there's too many units that I like using and he just doesn't cut it because of when he comes in and how much I love the units that come in around the same time as him (Cordelia, Nowi, Libra, and Tharja).

Edited by Crooks

Yeah, but they're both randomly generated units. As far as "redshirts" that are named units with unique portraits and stuff, I don't know, maybe... Tomas? =/

Alright then, Frey in Shadow Dragon.

Why does nobody use Gregor? The dude is awesome, he's amazing as a hero. I remember when I was on the chapter to recruit him, I was scared he was gonna die, but he swept like half the army before I even got there.

ngl i think Gregor > Lon'qu as a swordie. Lon'qu is actually really squishy. I had this thwompy Gregor in my Lunatic run wowowwow.

Also, after playing a bit today, I noticed I don't use Anna either. To be honest, there's so many units I often forget she's at the bottom of the list with Frederick (who I mostly bench because I get irritated with his exp growth -I mean, by the time he gets any good exp is when the enemy are stronger than him and it can be worse than when I grind Olivia). x')

-I did play with her a bit today but that's probably gonna be it after I finish her supports.

Edited by Rohesia

I never use Anna, Say'ri, Kellam, and Virion. I don't use Say'ri and Anna because I hate the fact that they have no other support options other than the Avatar and Tiki, Virion I just hate, and Kellam..... well actually I have no idea why I don't use him XD

I never use Anna, Say'ri, Kellam, and Virion. I don't use Say'ri and Anna because I hate the fact that they have no other support options other than the Avatar and Tiki, Virion I just hate, and Kellam..... well actually I have no idea why I don't use him XD

Same reason I didn't use Say'ri. At the very least she should have been a romance option for Chrom.

Fuck that, the reason I am responding is because I think your profile pic is amazing. Even though I actually ship Basilio and Olivia (dead serious).

Same reason I didn't use Say'ri. At the very least she should have been a romance option for Chrom.

Fuck that, the reason I am responding is because I think your profile pic is amazing. Even though I actually ship Basilio and Olivia (dead serious).

Thank you ^_^ I've never seen anyone ship that before you, but I now see how good it would be. I wish Lon'qu and Olivia had support conversations with Basilio and Flavia

Sorry to further the tangent discussion going here, but I currently have a game file which I'm just using to stockpile nice things and gold for training custom MUs and so I decided to complete the support log a little more using pairings I'd normally avoid, or wouldn't consider. Sometimes even the forbidden pairings of my Fire Emblem canon, that result in children having hair colours I'd never want, etc.

So I ended up pairing up Lon'qu and Olivia, and I was really pleasantly surprised!

It makes so much sense, because they're both so shy hehe. Their support narrative may have been quite basic, but it was still rather cute. And felt realistic, unlike some of the forced alternatives, or unromantically casual and carefree pairings which I've experienced. So yeah, I approve of the Lon'quxOlivia pairing. ^_^