Ideal Skillset to use against the Black Knight

I've started a Hard run on this game, and I've reached the part where Ike gets promoted to a Lord. Last time I played the Nados Castle chapter (27?), it was a couple of repeated attempts to kill the Black Knight because I was relying on Aether. I had thought to run Resolve+Wrath on Ike, only for the game info on this site to tell me you get the Resolve scroll on that very chapter. What skills are generally more reliable? Wrath+Nihil (for Luna), or just try my luck with Aether again? Or any other ideas?

IIRC capped Ike 6RKO's the BK with no crits or Aethers. As long as you wait for EP combat until he's in kill range, and Elixir every turn even Luna procs can't kill you. That being said I usually just gamble on Aether and have Mist Physic if neccessary.

EDIT: I went to check the stats, I must remember incorrectly, I totally forgot Alondite gave BK +5 def as well! However, I've never been unlucky enough not to proc Aether at least once :V

Edited by Irysa

capped str ike does 12 damage every turn (9 attack + 9 counter - 6 passive healing), and you have a time limit of 5 turns. Assuming he never misses and the bishop doesn't ever heal the BK, you can kill him exactly. If you go for this, use mist to heal him and distract the other enemies

An easier method would just be to wrath him.

capped str ike does 12 damage every turn (9 attack + 9 counter - 6 passive healing), and you have a time limit of 5 turns. Assuming he never misses and the bishop doesn't ever heal the BK, you can kill him exactly. If you go for this, use mist to heal him and distract the other enemies

An easier method would just be to wrath him.

So Nihil and Wrath would be best then? Nihil would prevent Luna from going off, and Wrath could maybe compensate for misses when Ike's health gets low enough. Since I'm playing hard mode, the reinforcements will be two halberdiers and a bishop, all of which Mist could probably take care of if I put a bit of work into her in time.

IIRC capped Ike 6RKO's the BK with no crits or Aethers. As long as you wait for EP combat until he's in kill range, and Elixir every turn even Luna procs can't kill you. That being said I usually just gamble on Aether and have Mist Physic if neccessary.

EDIT: I went to check the stats, I must remember incorrectly, I totally forgot Alondite gave BK +5 def as well! However, I've never been unlucky enough not to proc Aether at least once :V

Yep. Like the other dude said, 9 damage per hit with capped strength, and then BK also has Renewal, which maxes standard damage output (no skills) to 12 per turn. I'm kind of reluctant to rely on Aether again, since I'll need to be constantly healing Ike because Luna made things more problematic than they needed to be. Well then, Nihil+Wrath it is, then.

In my run Ike will have aether and miracle against BK. It's the fastest possibility to beat BK.

My problem is that my Mist is pretty bad, so I'm worried about the reinforcements, who will appear during the fight.

Other honorable skill combinations would be adept/wrath or nihil/wrath. However I would prefer nihil/wrath to prevent BKs luna.

If Ike is in "wrath zone" and uses adept and does a critical hit both times, he could do 54 damage to BK in one turn (2x9x3=54 damage). In next turn BK would have 12 HP left (6+6 healing). So two regular hits (9 damage in player phase + 9 damage in enemy phase) would finish him. Only don't forget to heal Ike first.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

Aether also works well against the BK. In general though, you either want Ike with some sort of offensive skill, like Adept, or Mist capable of fighting to get rid of that bishop. People prefer Wrath/Resolve on Ike cause it gets the job done on the BK and Ashnard faster (least potentially). There are other methods though.

Screw the combination wrath/nihil!

It completly failed in my playthrough. Ike didn't crit BK one single time in five attempts. He even missed one time in "wrath zone" with 85% hit. He only needed to do one critical hit to beat him.

I gave Ike the "knight ring" that he could kill the bishop and go back to BKs range. The problem was that Mist couldn't heal Ike enough because of her ridiclous 16 magic as level 9 valkyrie. I forgot to give her a recovery staff. So Ike couldn't attack BK in every player phase, because he wouldn't survive two hits.

Aether also works well against the BK. In general though, you either want Ike with some sort of offensive skill, like Adept, or Mist capable of fighting to get rid of that bishop. People prefer Wrath/Resolve on Ike cause it gets the job done on the BK and Ashnard faster (least potentially). There are other methods though.

You can't give Ike Resolve for the BK, and Adept only does 9 extra damage on the BK whereas Aether does a lot more (I think 9 + 26 = 35?).

Use Aether Ike until 28, basically, then switch to Resolve + Wrath.

Edited by Chiki