From zero to hero: how long?

How long does it take me to grind someone up, or how long is the average?

I can minmax a unit in an hour if I have the right supports set up, don't need to stop for gold and already have Paragon/LB/All+2 laying around.

How long does it take me to grind someone up, or how long is the average?

I can minmax a unit in an hour if I have the right supports set up, don't need to stop for gold and already have Paragon/LB/All+2 laying around.

Thanks. I would also want to know on average, too. Which map for +2 All Stats?

It depends on what else I have going on in my life. I don't spend every hour of the day playing FE. lol

It didn't take me a real long time to get Freddy and my Avatar, Kelli, to where they're at now though. And people like to complain that the former isn't worth it because he levels up slower than everyone else. XD But he was for me. I got to see Freddy oneshot Grima with a crit. :D

In fact, Freddy was the ONLY unit in my team that could do a lot of damage to him. Even Kelli was too weak to do much.

Edited by Anacybele

Eugh, I tend to strongly dislike grinding, so as soon as I got the skills I want, I let characters level up normally on missions (xenologues in particular); also I tend to buy all sorts of stat increasing items (skirmishes give them too), so I highly suggest you to use them if you want things to go a bit faster. I remember my Ricken!Severa got her DF magic capped because I fed her all the Magic Dust I found.

Also, for some characters, it's gonna be a long way for them to cap DEF, RES, STR, etc, so yeah, remember the stat boosters!

In fact, Freddy was the ONLY unit in my team that could do a lot of damage to him. Even Kelli was too weak to do much.

At what level was she?? O_o But it's normal for non-Falchion weilders to do less damage to Grima (without counting crits and damage skills)... so I guess you Freddy was super overleveled.

MAN! I'm jelly people get husbando feels in this game... I get absolutely none...

Let's see... Kelli had gone through 20 levels of Tactician, then almost 20 levels of Grandmaster. Then I made her a Dark Flier and she got almost 20 more levels in that.

I believe I had Frederick go through 40 levels of Great Knight before changing him to Dread Fighter and getting him around 20 levels of that.

So they both got roughly the same number of levels. Frederick got maxed out in strength, speed, defense, and skill though. Kelli didn't max anything. So I guess Freddy generally got better level-ups than his wifey. :P

All+2 is in CoY3.

I remember my Ricken!Severa got her DF magic capped because I fed her all the Magic Dust I found.

At what level was she?? O_o But it's normal for non-Falchion weilders to do less damage to Grima (without counting crits and damage skills)... so I guess you Freddy was super overleveled.

All Magic Dust should go to Chrom, imo.

Falchion doesn't negate Dragonskin, it just has its mt tripled like every other effective weapon (so 36/45 against Grima). But Normal Grima is a pushover (especially if you've been grinding), he only has 38 Def, 80 HP and no PavGis. To OHKO him with a Luna crit, you only need 74 atk, which would be easy for Fred to reach even without LB/Rally: 42(base) +2(mods) +10(Agg) +3(pairup) =57, so only 17 is needed from the weapon- any legendary sword will do, as will a +3 Silver Sword or a +1 Silver Axe. With Rally Str from Basilio, a plain old unforged Silver Sword will do the trick.

Yeah, there was the fact that I played on Normal mode too. But it wasn't a Luna crit, it was a regular crit with the only boosts being from a pairup with Kelli. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I can't stand gaming for more than a few hours at a time, so I normally don't go for grinding. I let my characters level up over a matter of days or weeks (depending how much I'm in the mood to play FE when) using Reeking Boxes, Risen that appear on the map, or downloadable teams via SpotPass.

Depends on the character and if I plan on using statboosters. On Lunatic+, and since I'm not counting on getting a lot of statboosters, some characters, especially several of the male gen. 1 units, take a while even if they have a small class pool since maxing out Magic and Resistance is often difficult, even with the Dread Fighter class. I think even MU takes a shorter time to completely max out in his final class if grinding for all skills since s/he has good growth rates all-around.

It actually depends on which character I'm training. If it's a character I really like, like Olivia or Cherche, then it takes me a couple hours, but if it's a character I hate, i.e. Tharja, it's probably going to take me a couple weeks. It's favouritism at it's finest.