Have you ever cosplayed before?

Draco

Cosplay is pretty neat, but have you ever done it? Or, have you had a sibling cosplay? If you have, post some pictures or something.

plus, I may or may not just have started this thread to fish for compliments

I cosplayed Link (TLoZ) at Anime Detour in Minnesota in April. It was my first year going to a con, as well as my first cosplay ever.

Also, my eldest sister cosplayed Parasoul from Skullgirls.

[spoiler=my sister]
10455230_10201367068657377_7351161097850
10449960_10201367069377395_1477433833963

The sword could be better, but otherwise I think my cosplay turned out fine. Couldn't be bothered to put on the wig, it was so tight it was squeezing my head. The cosplay looked better without it, because the wig was pretty off and my natural hair was closer to the color than the wig was.
[spoiler=My cosplay]

10155480_10201077297373276_2271771988008

10168013_10201004386230543_3941841093710

Edited by Comatose

If it counts

EwSFk0J.jpg?1

Last Halloween I was an Earth Feddy from Gundam, no one in particular; your cosplay is 550% better than mine was. Funny part was I went to university dressed up like that, no one knew who I was, and I worked the closing shift at my place of employment at the time, and no one knew who I was until five minutes to close, someone came in for a bag of chips, and was a big time fan of Gundam.

EDIT: I was too buff for the belt, and MOON BOOTS.

This year, I am planning on cosplaying Diddy Kong for Halloween. So far I have the shirt, red hat with a Nintendo patch on it, my make-up planned, am in talks of making a jetpack out of an old bag, and found a monkey suit on Amazon.

Edited by Maji

I dressed up as Link for Halloween when I was eight if that counts.

Sirius tells me that you've begun dressing up as Latooni as well. For no special occasion.

Edited by Tangerine

You're fucking disgusting, but I won't derail this thread dealing with your sick imagination.

You know you want it too.

---

On topic: Nope, I never cosplayed and I don't plan to do it.

Edited by Naughx

I've cosplayed as Elk from .hack, John Egbert from Homestuck, and Jake English, also from Homestuck. I'm not interested in any of those anymore, none of my cosplays were good, and I don't have pictures.

My sister has done a few minor cosplays over the years. Namely, John Egbert as well, Fionna from Adventure Time, and Scout from TF2. I only saw her in the last two, and I thought they were pretty cute and stuff. I think she has pictures but I don't want to bug her for them.

I have considered cosplaying a couple times but it sounds like so much /effort.

If I were to cosplay I'd probably go as someone like TWEWY's Joshua, since his clothes are easier to do.

Alternatively Golden Sun's Felix, because I could probably pull off his hair.

Since I am not a fan of overly large crowds, I have not.

On the other hand, one could theoretically say that I cosplay everyday because I wear a Kingdom Hearts Hoodie.

And if I could afford, which I can't yet, I'd find a good clothing maker and have them make me the Tactician's coat from FEA because it's beautiful and wear it everyday.

I have a view that clothes should be worn often. Not hang in the closet which a lot of made clothes or just suits / dresses tend to end up.

I wore just about the laziest possible cosplay outfit for a day to Katsucon 4 years ago (bloody heck, doesn't feel that long at all) with some friends (who are actually experienced hands). Was a TF2 Scout outfit that was basically just a tucked-n and rolled-up blue t-shirt, appropriately colored slacks tucked into white socks, black sneakers, a baker boy, an aluminum bat which wasn't even blank, and a shoulder pack to stow it in. (wished I could've gotten some handwraps)

Thankfully it hit the sweet spot of bad cosplay that simply didn't generate much attention (which I hadn't planned on getting anyway), so it went pretty well all things considered.

Cool stuff Comatose!

Edited by Rehab

• 1 month later...