Translation Patch

Psych

Does anyone know where I can find the old translation patch? I don't like the new one and it's the only one linked on the site.

FE4 by the way

Edited by Psych

I think romhacking.net still has the old patch on their site, that is assuming you want the one before the most recent one with the name changes.

Yes, they were.

I won't complain and say there were improvements needed in other places outside something as irrelevant as names... but yeah, that's basically what the new patch is.

Edited by Soledai

Just in case you hadn't found it yet: http://darktwilkitri.thegreatbeyond.net/dtntd_fireemblem4.php

I won't complain and say there were improvements needed in other places outside something as irrelevant as names... but yeah, that's basically what the new patch is.

I respect the people involved in the old translation and the amount of work necessary to create that project, but the script is terribly lacking. Bookofholsety has a fantastic script that will one day replace it, with any luck :)

That's sounds pretty neat, I'd just have the one quip that won't be overlooked.

Regardless, I wish you guys good luck and all that good stuff.

Edited by Soledai

The most common ones would be reperation 0.87d by DarkTwilkitri, which has all the fan names as far as I know. Then there's reperation 0.87f, also by DarkTwilkitri. This one has various mistranslations fixed and some names were changed (Celice -> Serlis, Skasaha -> Skathach, Funf -> Fuenf, Zwolf -> Zwoelf).

And Gharnef also made a translation patch which has quite a lot of name changes, to match Awakening names.

But there was also this issue with the game freezing glitch in the end. I thought it was mentioned in Gharnef's translation patch topic. After you've completed the endgame, at some point during the epilogue (which was not translated), the game will freeze. This was also present in reperation 0.87f! I just completed a playthrough with this patch and the game froze after finishing the game. I have never played the game with reperation 0.87d, so can someone confirm or deny if the game freezes with this patch as well?

But there was also this issue with the game freezing glitch in the end. I thought it was mentioned in Gharnef's translation patch topic. After you've completed the endgame, at some point during the epilogue (which was not translated), the game will freeze. This was also present in reperation 0.87f! I just completed a playthrough with this patch and the game froze after finishing the game. I have never played the game with reperation 0.87d, so can someone confirm or deny if the game freezes with this patch as well?

all currently known patches will freeze during the epilogue. this is the biggest thing we plan to fix, since the point is to actually include a translated epilogue (which i started working on yesterday, incidentally... this is going to be a long few weeks)

in the meantime, if you want to see the epilogue through for saving purposes or to view your rankings, i recommend you save or take a savestate before seizing belhalla and go load it into a clean fe4 rom

That's sounds pretty neat, I'd just have the one quip that won't be overlooked.

i admit to being curious as to what that'd be. if it's something you know of which needs fixing, i'm all ears; for all i know, it's something we've missed or overlooked

i admit to being curious as to what that'd be. if it's something you know of which needs fixing, i'm all ears; for all i know, it's something we've missed or overlooked

Well, it's a preferential thing, but if I notice anything, I'd point it out.

I fix this by soft patching, changing the patch name and reloading just before celice siezes brahara to unapply it, and then using this ending translation to read along: http://acenoctali.free.fr/f-fe4/ending_map_english.htm (warning: it is generated based on your pairings, so remember those) Also, removing the translation and reloading a savestate causes slight graphical glitching untill a menu is called up. Loading an in game save has no issues.

Edited by sirmola

If you want to hard patch for some reason, you can create a reverse patch to undo the fan translation. If you want, i can make you one (specify what translation version you are using). Also, i believe that snes9x uses the same save files/states for roms of the same name in different folders, so simply have an "untranslated" folder containing an untranslated ROM of the same name as your translated one, and use that to view the ending.

• 3 months later...

I want to add that I am currently playing FE4 for the first time (my fist FE), and I'm having a blast, on chapter 6 right now.

The quality of the translation, apparently, is VERY good. Congratulations and thanks to all the translators who voluntarily contributed to it.

Hopefully, the epilogue thing is fixed when I get there. :rolleyes:

IMO, there should be a crowdfunding thing around these fantastic, enormous translation works. If Nintendo, Square, etc. won´t do it, there ARE people who will do it brilliantly, but could use some extra financial support to speed up the process.