Why is Sega incapable of creating a good Sonic game?

OrangeCrush980

I may sound like an oldschool wannabe here, but I believe they lost the grip on the essence of the series. I can see that even in games like Colors, Unleashed and Secret Rings: Too much focus on speed and little focus on actual platforming and level design. Generations was the only Sonic game that I really enjoyed because level design and platforming matter much more than speed in the game.

Even as someone who's only played the GBA Sonic games, I can see where you're coming from. The Sonic Advance games (mostly 2 and 3) focused on speed quite a lot, to the point where it felt like the stages were playing themselves a little too much and the focus on plaforming was eclipsed by the focus on speed and dashing through levels. That's mainly why I like the first Sonic Advance the best, since it focused on platforming the most and speed the least of the Sonic Advance Trilogy. I liked feeling in control (rather than speeding through levels constantly) quite a lot in the first Sonic Advance and how it focused more on careful and strategic platforming.

Uh... I really hope I'm not starting to sound like a bad Sonic fan by saying that...

I really don't like how Sonic is known only for 06 and that everything else has to suffer for its existence.

Heck, 06 isn't that bad. Compared to crap like Big Rigs, at least it's okay. It's just gotten so infamous that nobody wants to hear nice things about it.