Craziest Cases of Screwy RNG?

Wander

^Basically the topic; what are the craziest instances of the RNG screwing with you that you've seen?

Lemee start things off:

bf2459b1-1cf7-4ff3-8e9d-869df0e16539_zps

This is my first time playing FE6. Somehow, I don't think Lugh is supposed to have 11 defense at level 12 (see: 15% defense growth, 3 base defense).

I'm sure I've had other equally ridiculous cases of weird RNG, but this one is super fresh on my mind because it's in progress. You guys got anything?

In my latest FE9 playthrough most of my units had very strange level ups. Many physical units (Rolf, Jill, Oscar, Mia) had very high magic growth. Jill had even better growth in magic than in strength. Mia had bad skill and leveled only one time in defense in 34 levels so she ended with 10 defense. Nephenee got "HP-sauce" three times in a row so I had to drop her. I was so pissed off about the level ups that I even started a topic about this.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

I've shared this one elsewhere, but still.

m7qz9cI.png

I think I've also had Chrom reach level 10 or so with base strength, and more than one case of Eirika reaching level 15 with the same.

[spoiler=Better luck with hacks]

ljDtkXc.png

Edited by Alg

Leanne dodged two 80ish% Hit rate arrows which would have one shot her from a Longbow dude in the FoW level in Part 2.

Lucia critted him good.

I once had a badly strength-screwed Ike in PoR. Yeah, you heard me. A STRENGTH SCREWED IKE. xP The guy who runs around swinging two-handed swords with one hand effortlessly.

He had only 9 strength when he promoted to Lord. And then 13 when he was near level 20 Lord. Just...what. I had to give up on it because he couldn't take out Shinon to recruit him. No way was he going to beat the Black Knight like this (I always make sure to defeat him because I like the story better that way and I get Nasir).

Edited by Anacybele

My really good Micaiah and my really bad Ike. (2 levels of bexp for Micaiah) Also no stat booster on Micaiah and a serpah's robe on Ike.

post-10525-0-53872400-1406357188_thumb.pngpost-10525-0-74833600-1406357261_thumb.png

I apologize about the size.

Edited by Fluorspar

ad42c0c7f3.png62507bd71d.png

Above-average Marcus, which is astounding for Marcus at all, but your Bors is only slightly ahead of the curve in some aspects while his defenses are inferior.

Regardless, this falls under average RNG IMO.

Edited by Logience

My Roy had 24 Defense in one save file. I've no idea how that came to happen.

Of course with the 1 RN system these were more common; Ares didn't get Str procs 3 levels in a row, 94% hits miss a few times in a row, etc.

In FE12 Ryan had 3 perfect level ups in a row, but that wasn't all that astounding if I recall his growths correctly.

My first Ike in Fe9 leveled Def so much he capped it like level 16 or something but had like 15 Str at level 20/ 3. Plus I have had a countless number of speed blessed female mage units, Lilina with capped Mag and Spd at level 20/ 9 was godly and Micaiah only missed about 4 or 5 level ups of speed.

FE4 Arena can make Quan and Sigurd get blank levels. You know, the characters with a 110% HP growth?

Also these

FireEmblem6136-3.pngfire_emblem_sealed_sword07.png

If he had reached level 20 and gained Defense he would be +10 ahead of his average \o/

Other one speaks for himself.

Edited by X-Naut

I had a 20/20 Eliwood with 12 speed once. NEVER FORGET.

On the plus side, I was arena abusing in chapter 8 to farm money for a wifi team in shadow dragon years ago, and Caesar capped strength unprompted. Probably the most ridiculous unit I've had without rng abuse

tumblr_n71cv6lJX61r6jrlko1_500.jpg

This was my Micaiah on my last no stat boosting items run on Radiant Dawn. I'm afraid to play again because I know I'll never get a Micaiah quite this good ever again.

tumblr_n71cy3kXiK1r6jrlko1_500.jpg

Her sister was pretty awesome in the same playthrough too.

Edited by Great Witch

Above-average Marcus, which is astounding for Marcus at all, but your Bors is only slightly ahead of the curve in some aspects while his defenses are inferior.

Regardless, this falls under average RNG IMO.

Not if Bors was promoted at level 10.

Here's a small teaser:

AFOLT0Y.png

Once I finish uploading everyone's stats, I'll post the rest of them. Keep in mind that this was from a draft run, so the extra Speed was crucial.

EDIT: Screw it, I don't feel like uploading all those pictures. The tl;dr was that Hector/Wil/Sain were insanely Speed blessed, Serra/Sain fucked up on offense, and an average Pent is scary.

Oh, and bonus picture:

oobgidj.png

She promoted at level 10 or 11.

Edited by eclipse