Is there anyone out there who enjoys using Kellam as a main unit in their army? Every time I've played the game, his character and his "no one sees me" gimmick irritated me to the point that I never even used him in any battles other than as a Pair Up with my Avatar or another character who could use the defense boost. He's just such a boring character as far as I'm concerned, but I'm genuinely curious if anyone else likes him as a character and/or likes using him! =)

Kellam's actually my favorite character from Awakening! :) I use him every time! ^_^

I agree that his gimmick gets a little annoying at times... but I usually just look past that.

Kellam is one of my best units out there! His above-average defense and strength makes him an asset to the team, and he's the first bulk you get in the game. I commonly pair him with a Falcon Knight for high movement, or Olivia for his high defense to keep her safe. Nevertheless, my team wouldn't be where it is today with Kellam. It's OK Kellam, I notice you :)

In my opinion, I think Kellam's only good as a parent unit and he's better off just pairing up with wife or children or Stahl and Donnel for the whole battle...

I actually feel really bad for him, and his death quote makes me cry a little. I also think he got screwed over in his paired endings....

He's okay. I like pairing him off with Tharja or Cordelia for their supports, or Miriel for the extra defense.

I do like his backstory and how he was apparently selfish as a child and his family often didn't treat him well because of that, or however it went. It's a refreshing break from all of the characters who seem 100% kind and perfect except for a few small things, and characters who don't even care about human lives and kill relentlessly, like there's hardly an in-between for Awakening characters. However, things like this, if they exist in a character's backstory, get overlooked for their gimmick. For Kellam, it's how no one notices him.

I find Kellam pretty funny, though I don't use him very often due to the fact that he has low movement and no Armsthrift access despite having a solid skillpool -- Luna, Pavise, Renewal, Acrobat, Limit Break, Resistance +10 and Movement +1.

I'd use him at least so he can be a good dad for Nah.

I want to use him, but he always falls behind. It's probably because he's lance-locked in axe heaven.

[Kellam is] the first bulk you get in the game.

Wut. Frederick has 7 more HP and the same def (with +2 def on kellam) at base. Obviously Kellam can grow faster than Frederick does if you're actually killing stuff with him, but don't just flat out ignore the jeigan!

I used him once, I think on hard difficulty. He was fine I guess, just slow moving. I grinded him some :\ and of all things I promoted him to general...I rarely use generals for good reason, but hey, whatever. I benched him for a kid unit at some point but he still had almost as much spd as my great knight or paladin Sully (don't remember which) somehow.

Wut. Frederick has 7 more HP and the same def (with +2 def on kellam) at base. Obviously Kellam can grow faster than Frederick does if you're actually killing stuff with him, but don't just flat out ignore the jeigan!

I used him once, I think on hard difficulty. He was fine I guess, just slow moving. I grinded him some :\ and of all things I promoted him to general...I rarely use generals for good reason, but hey, whatever. I benched him for a kid unit at some point but he still had almost as much spd as my great knight or paladin Sully (don't remember which) somehow.

Spd is important in determining bulk too, and Fred is fast enough to not get doubled even on Lunatic, while Kellam...

He's not even that bulky.

I'm not a big fan of Kellam, not because of his personality, but just because of his class. I don't like using armor knights in Fire Emblem in general because of their speed issues. Moreover I hate the armor design in FE13. It looks ugly.

I reclass him, if he reaches level 10 and use him till he reaches the S-support (mostly Panne or Sully are his wifes).

He's a great crutch for the first few chapters before you get Panne and Cordelia. Otherwise, not really. The guy never levels anything up that isn't HP and Strength.

Roxas, WaluWeegee, that meme was never funny. Personally, I still can't understand the appeal other than "LOL FORCED MEME", plus it doesn't fit into any animu stereotype I've heard of.

I usually like his class but not in this game, he's really hard to give kills to and just falls behind. I use him less than Vaike which is saying something.

And I don't think I've ever seen anything so forced and repetitive in anything ever as his "can't see me" thing to the point where literally every one of his lines have to do with people not being able to see him, even down to ALL FOUR of his critical quotes. I don't think he has a single line that isn't about that. It's really annoying and kinda nonsensical. Does he even have other traits?

Kellam's 'nobody can see me gimmick' got quite tired quite fast for me, since it seems EVERY piece of dialogue of his is built around that single element. Then again, I haven't done many supports with Kellam, so maybe I'm missing out?

At this rate, I will probably pair him with Sully, since they're my two least likable units. Sully is just a needlessly bitter and tryhard character, who could have benefitted from more of a cartharsis/growth in character and I dislike that.

That and I really think it's obvious that Kellam + Sully = Kjelle hehe.

Edited by Red Falcon

Kellam's 'nobody can see me gimmick' got quite tired quite fast for me, since it seems EVERY piece of dialogue of his is built around that single element. Then again, I haven't done many supports with Kellam, so maybe I'm missing out?

At this rate, I will probably pair him with Sully, since they're my two least likable units. Sully is just a needlessly bitter and tryhard character, who could have benefitted from more of a cartharsis/growth in character and I dislike that.

That and I really think it's obvious that Kellam + Sully = Kjelle hehe.

I really hate General, Paladin, and Great Knight, which is why i hate kellam and frederick. They were awesome in the gba Emblems, but boy oh boy, Awakening made them bad.

Also, Kellam + Sully is Kjully, or Sellam

Since I pronounce "le" of "Kjelle" as "ly" like "Sully" it doesn't take much of a stretch or imagination to put the two names "Kellam" and "Sully" together to make "Kjelly". Leave my K-jelly alone haha.

Also, because Kjelle is Sully's daughter, I only looked for the father's influence in the names. And "K", "E", "L" and "L" from "Kellam" remain in "Kjelle". That's a whole lotta Kellam hehe!

Edited by Red Falcon