Fire Emblem : The Sage Chronicles

Tactician Cinema

Name of the Game : Fire Emblem The Sage Chronicles
Story so Far : (Names are not final) 2 Cousins who are lords of the Sacred Sage Plane Are in a huge rivalry to see which magic reigns supreme Dark or Light. The Sacred Sage Plane is dedicated to training Magic users to become strong to fight off the Demon Lord should he rise again. The annual battle between the 2 cousins is coming up soon....Until on that day the Lives of the Citizens of the Sacred Sage Planes was about to change. The Bordering Country of Trost had attacked the People of the Sacred Sage Plane. The 2 cousins for once in their lives had to team up to drive these warriors from their sacred plane. However they would not Prevail. These 2 cousins would soon Flee from the Sacred Plane with their brothers. Both of them knowing what could happen, they agree to fight together till they were able to warn the King of the Adjacent Continent of what has happened. After having warned the king with the King being able to supply only a few soldiers they part ways not to see each other for a while. Later on in the story after having reunited they defeat the Army that had invaded their Sacred Plane. They then move on to the Bordering Country to make some sense of as to why the Mad King would attack such a peaceful Plane let alone the Sacred Plane that had saved the world from it's destruction. The rest of the story is for you to figure out when going through the game..... No spoilers.....(lol)
I need help in the following Positions :
Pixel editor/Character Creator
Map Editor
Actual Person who can put everything into the rom
Idea Personel
UPDATE:
The Two Cousins' names will be Ragnell ( The Dark Magic User) and Willie (The Light Magic User)
Sprites made as of current:
Willie(The person requested it to be based off of moulder and joshua put together)
U977ekL.png
Update September 6th, 2014:
Sprite for Ragnell has now been made! Thanks to Riku for help on this character!
SAu66gz.png?1
Also the Class names for the 2 Lords has been made now! Special Thanks to Klokinator and Parantheon for the Name!
Starting class for Willie will be Regal Lord then his Rank Up Class shall be Exalted Lord
Starting Class for Ragnell will be Necro Lord then his Rank Up Class shall be Necrid Lord.
Ways to Contact me :
Here of Course
Twitter : BlasterDark88
Email : fireemblemmaster88@gmail.com
Basically any ways you need I'll make sure to have an account for, but Skype is the more Preferable choice.
Edited by Tactician Cinema

You don't go from .exe to .gba

They need to be created from scratch separately so I suggest just pick one engine and use that

Also it doesn't pay to use fexp as fexna will be superior once it is out

As others have said, GBA ROM hacks are very *very* different than FEXP or FEXNA and there isn't any way to convert between the two without a massive amount of manual work. It's an exercise in masochism.

Also the more you have to show, the more likely others are to help you

That's my point I'm going to make the story and basics in FEXP and FEXNA and if the game goes well and I work out the glitches and such then I will make the game separate from scratch again for a Rom. As previously stated I only have the story so far. Plus All I really need are some people to help out with Sprites and such. Most else I have already and we're working on it currently.

yeah, if anything I would start off with just one, to get some tangibles. And then move on to fexna when it comes out and switch to that if you wanted. All that extra work is just a headache.

I would because I can, and because I want to cover many forms of hacking and creating games. So Enough that's my decision. ONce I get the first game running I will not need help moving it to a Rom. That is my final decision now quit judging on that. I posted to keep people updated on things, and to get some help that's it. Now if you'll excuse me I have some work to do.

i suppose there are people out there who are capable of porting fexp/xna features to ROMhacking but they're pretty few and far between

if you can do it then go for it i guess

• 4 weeks later...
UPDATE:

The Two Cousins' names will be Ragnell ( The Dark Magic User) and Willie (The Light Magic User)

Sprites made as of current:

Willie(The person requested it to be based off of moulder and joshua put together)

U977ekL.png

original the name do not steal

*cough*

http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/teams/ragnell.htm

Also, on the FireEmblemWiki article regarding the Ragnell:

In Arthurian legend, Dame Ragnell (or Ragnelle) was a hideously ugly woman whom Sir Gawain was forced to marry, the result of her knowing the answer to the riddle "What do women most desire?". To this end, the riddle was one that was particularly vital to Gawain, either because he had killed a woman (raped in the Canterbury Tales) and would be put to death himself if he could not answer said riddle, or because someone had challenged King Arthur to solve the riddle, compelling Gawain to be honour-bound to discovering the answer for his liege. In accordance to the latter version of the tale, in return for marrying Gawain, Ragnell divulged the riddle's answer to the King, where she revealed that what women wanted most is their own way. On the night of the wedding, Ragnell revealed that she was a young woman under a spell, and presented Gawain with two choices: Either she became old and ugly at night and beautiful during the day, or vice versa. Gawain, remembering the answer to the riddle, ceded the authority of selecting amongst the choices to Ragnell. This essentially broke the spell, allowing Ragnell to revert to her original beautiful form. [1] This is a reinterpretation of Chaucer's "The Wife of Bath's Tale" from "The Canterbury Tales".

So it's not exclusively a name that is the product of IS, Fire Emblem or Nintendo and is not original in their use either.

Google is your friend, mate, use it before you spout shit.

*cough*

http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/teams/ragnell.htm

Also, on the FireEmblemWiki article regarding the Ragnell:

So it's not exclusively a name that is the product of IS, Fire Emblem or Nintendo and is not original in their use either.

Google is your friend, mate, use it before you spout shit.

probably was just joking but okay

anyways, can you please explain to me how you move a game into a ROM?

And the name Ragnell is just a concept it could be changed later. Besides the name Ragnell sounds totally fine to me and it is my friend's nickname who the character is based of, so in return i doubt it'll get changed. Oh and his name comes from the personal Sword of Ike. Now end of that discussion.

Update September 6th, 2014:

Sprite for Ragnell has now been made! Thanks to Riku for help on this character!

SAu66gz.png?1

Also the Class names for the 2 Lords has been made now! Special Thanks to Klokinator and Parantheon for the Name!

Starting class for Willie will be Regal Lord then his Rank Up Class shall be Exalted Lord

Starting Class for Ragnell will be Necro Lord then his Rank Up Class shall be Necrid Lord.

You should post sprites at their actual size, rather than massively zoomed.

It's not a bad face. There is a streak of brown pixels in the hair though.

Edited by Siuloir