How to implement this hack??

Burning Star

I found this asm hack here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92273434/FE%20Hacking%2C%20Public%20Files/Renewal%2C%20Soothing%20Sword/Renewal_FE8.asm

It's a renewal skill hack made by crazycolorz5 but it hasn't been released in patch format yet. I was wondering if anyone would be nice enough to explain how to do this step by step since I really have no idea what to do with this but at the same time, I feel it'd be fun to play with.

Based on what I can tell from the source, it's character ability 4, byte 0x40 so you assemble the source, paste revealing data into revelant places, and give the classes and characters you want to have it 0x40 for the ability 4 byte

Seems a bit wonky but I guess if it works it's fine

considering that CC's work can mostly be found on FEU, maybe you can try asking on FEU???

i've been trying to get CC to use the assembly patcher format for a while now and he refuses

Edited by CT075

I would but I don't have an account there. I might make one if he's still active there though.

Based on what I can tell from the source, it's character ability 4, byte 0x40 so you assemble the source, paste revealing data into revelant places, and give the classes and characters you want to have it 0x40 for the ability 4 byte
Seems a bit wonky but I guess if it works it's fine

How do I assemble the source?

considering that the new FEU is like barely 4 months old anyway...

How do I assemble the source?

with an assembler?

i'd recommend gas but that's not really user-friendly at all

...actually come to think of it none of them are, so you're probably better off asking him to do it. I'd do it for you, but idk if he has any special settings or anything

E:

...lmao he posted in the thread i linked literally yesterday

Edited by CT075

The only real thing to look out for is the free space. The sources assembles the hack to 0x1000000 so if that's not ok for you then you have to change it

Why he didn't just edit the weapon lock itself is beyond me

In fact giving someone renewal with this hack may also unintentionally unlock the mani katti

Does anyone know if this hack has been tested?

Ohh I didn't know the site's new XD/ I'll try asking him there.

The only real thing to look out for is the free space. The sources assembles the hack to 0x1000000 so if that's not ok for you then you have to change it
Why he didn't just edit the weapon lock itself is beyond me
In fact giving someone renewal with this hack may also unintentionally unlock the mani katti
Does anyone know if this hack has been tested?

Yeah, that might pose a problem but I think it's a nice payoff for renewal. And the only other renewal hack I know of is the one that comes with The Last Promise but I don't know if there was a separate patch released for renewal only.

Alfred Kamon seems to have implemented it in his hack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

considering that CC's work can mostly be found on FEU, maybe you can try asking on FEU???

i've been trying to get CC to use the assembly patcher format for a while now and he refuses

Make a more comprehensive guide and make it less confusing and I will :P. At least, for more complex hacks. I still find "copy-overwrite this to X" simple enough in most cases.

inb4 I write my own patching format