Pairings you wish couldn't happen but do

Logience

Nah/Nowi forced marriages are horrible

Nah/Nowi X anyone is just creepy

I cant get past the feeling that the avatar is taking advantage of Emmeryn.

Spotpass in general

Cousin pairings

Uncle/Auntie badtouch

Anna X Not money

Well... Actually...

Match made in Heaven

Anna: Wanna get hitched?

Volke: 250 gold.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucina/Ger--

Got you.

You EXPECT me to say that.

But actually, none.

Yeah, that's right. None.

That one's awful in every way, but it and feet can safely take up the slots of "worst things". (And I can point it out when people are saying "Golden is awful". I mean, yeah, Golden IS awful. But she's at least writing better garbage. So far, doing that hasn't failed me.)

It also gives me more reason to kick your streetpass team's ass. I mean, yeah, you run it, you're probably rolling a weak team that I could roll on auto. And I roll enough teams on auto as-is. At the very least, I actually play when I think you're rolling awful, because I want to kick your [team]'s ass.

For the rest, it's a mixed bag.

Non-MU/Gen 2 is something on a story level should exist, but doesn't because of how messed up it'd be gameplaywise. [There's a way, if it were allowed, to not only have all kids (including the non-Galeboys) get Galeforce, but you could theoretically get nearly all (Lucina wouldn't get it) of them to have MU inheritance and all be married. Hello overpowered mess.]

Lucina/Ger--

Got you.

You EXPECT me to say that.

But actually, none.

Well, look who showed up.

You sure about saying none? Nothing strikes you as off? Not the literal playboy bunny? Not the stripper loli? Not the shotas? Not the tomboy? Not even the brain-damaged girl?

Well, look who showed up.

You sure about saying none? Nothing strikes you as off? Not the literal playboy bunny? Not the stripper loli? Not the shotas? Not the tomboy? Not even the brain-damaged girl?

Yep.

Keep 'em all.

Player choice is part of Awakening's strength.

Yes, your choices may SUCK, but that's no reason to kick it.

Yep.

Keep 'em all.

Player choice is part of Awakening's strength.

Yes, your choices may SUCK, but that's no reason to kick it.

This is a thread promoting free will and opinion. Just say openly which ones you hate. I won't (publicly) judge you. Edited by Logience

I believe during the scene where she attempts to kill the Avatar, she states that she didn't actually believe it could be true having seen how close they are to Chrom/everyone else. So while she got the hint, she seems to have felt it couldn't be true.

Oh, oops. Thanks for telling me that. I kinda forgot about that.

This is a thread promoting free will and opinion. Just say openly which ones you hate. I won't (publicly) judge you.

The topic isn't "which pairings suck".

It's which do you not want to be in the game.

To that I actually do indeed say "None". What's available should be. [And there's not much that isn't that should either. Chrom should've been more filled out, Sumia should be in the main pool. Basilio/Flavia maybe. Beyond that, Gen1/Gen2 is nice concept wise, but broken beyond belief gameplaywise, so there's no need.]

"Concentrated Coolness" is NOT a good design philosophy. Removing choice just because some choices are wrong isn't good for the game. Players need to be able to choose to fail, or choose awful.

[A note, were it not the way it is, I'd say FeMU/Chrom, because that SUPPORT shouldn't exist, but that's simply because FeMU/Chrom C->A is complete ass and MaMU/Chrom C->A should've been gender-neutral. But I'm not in favor of removing the option. Just that poorly written support when there's a perfectly good one already written for the other gender option.]

I wish Marieblle and Ricken were introduced in a different way. 8U Their supports are cute, even if I don't support the pairing, yet their intro is "i must rescue the fair lady". I like cliches, but there's a limit smh.

And My Unit/Emmeryn definitely isn't right. Nobody should take advantaged of severe brain damage like that.

Chrom/Sumia, because if it weren't for the fact that I get an awesome Cynthia out of the deal, I wouldn't want to see Cynthia mistaking a random mook for Chrom. Because even though he's either SUPPOSED to look like Chrom, or is using a DISGUISE to make himself look like him, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And I would find it more believable if Cynthia actually had some doubts about the guy and got those doubts confirmed when speaking to the real McCoy. Especially if Cynthia is Chrom's daughter.

Maribelle X Ricken, Virion, and Frederick. Ricken's father support being the main reason why.

♂ Robin/Lissa, because of the plot hole involved in Owain's father supports.

That's basically it, for now.

[spoiler=For yewfelles]

Also, I'm new to the forums, could anyone tell me how to spoilertag? It's been like four years since my last foray into a forum setting and I've totally forgotten how everything works, though I did figure out quoting.

[spoiler="Spoiler Description"]
PUT SPOILER HERE.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=How to insert with GUI]

OMln2cJ.png
BeG9BoP.png

On topic: I actually am fine with the supports(Except NowixAnyone but Ricken/Donnel)...... Although I do wish they had more non-marriage cross-gen supports.

Edited by NoCashOtaku

I don't understand why everyone thinks that Nowi is pedobait. The girl is well over a thousand years old, even if she doesn't look or act like it - everyone ELSE is pedobait for HER (which if I remember correctly she actually brings up a couple times). Maribelle, Ricken, Donnel, and Lissa aren't any more pedobait-y than she is, either and Maribelle/Frederick is actually one of my favorite supports for both characters.

Honestly though, I'd rather add supports to the game than take them out. I feel like a lot of them could've used a bit more polish, but I don't think that any of them deserve to be removed altogether.

Honestly though, I'd rather add supports to the game than take them out. I feel like a lot of them could've used a bit more polish, but I don't think that any of them deserve to be removed altogether.

That's exactly what I've been saying.

The catch is that even if some suck outright, it's up to the player to take those options.

A bad support is merely a choice to take. If you want to pick it, you can feel free to fail.

The concept of concentrated coolness: the idea to remove player options to focus only on strong areas is -NOT- a good thing. Sure, you might get some sturgeon's law with the other method, but there's more substance in the game with that as opposed to running concentrated coolness.

The "Illusion" of choice > Not having choice outright.

I don't understand why everyone thinks that Nowi is pedobait. The girl is well over a thousand years old, even if she doesn't look or act like it - everyone ELSE is pedobait for HER (which if I remember correctly she actually brings up a couple times). Maribelle, Ricken, Donnel, and Lissa aren't any more pedobait-y than she is, either and Maribelle/Frederick is actually one of my favorite supports for both characters.

Why do you think it's considered a bad thing in the real world? Because of an arbitrary marker on the passage of time? There's no indication that she's that old other than her constantly rubbing it in other people's faces as an excuse to get away with stuff- she doesn't look it, she doesn't act it, and for all you know she could even be lying about her age, it's so irrelevant. What matters is her maturity level.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I don't understand why everyone thinks that Nowi is pedobait. The girl is well over a thousand years old, even if she doesn't look or act like it - everyone ELSE is pedobait for HER (which if I remember correctly she actually brings up a couple times).

It doesn't matter how old Awakening says she is, if she looks like a little girl, acts like a little girl, and speaks like a little girl, she is a little girl.

I'd remove the all the S supports for Nowi and Nah, just the S supports.

It doesn't matter how old Awakening says she is, if she looks like a little girl, acts like a little girl, and speaks like a little girl, she is a little girl.

I'd remove the all the S supports for Nowi and Nah, just the S supports.

But how can Nah exist if you remove all of Nowi's S-Supports?

Why do you think it's considered a bad thing in the real world? Because of an arbitrary marker on the passage of time? There's no indication that she's that old other than her constantly rubbing it in other people's faces as an excuse to get away with stuff- she doesn't look it, she doesn't act it, and for all you know she could even be lying about her age, it's so irrelevant. What matters is her maturity level.

The counter is that who are you to judge?

Age is used arbitrarily because being arbitrary is FAIR.

What measure is maturity? Can you quantify it?

(You might go with the whole Ivvoyuk the Lucid idea and "Anything and everything can be quantified down to a simple number. Even you." but by what metric?)

Edited by Airship Canon

I agree with the people saying that they'd remove Nowi S-Supports. She may or may not be lying about the 1000-year old thing, but it doesn't really matter either way -- she is, in essence, a prepubescent child with the maturity and outlook of a child. I realize this opens up a really big debate about what defines adulthood and what defines maturity, and yes, it is arbitrary and vague at times, but "arbitrary and vague" is the human condition. I will make and defend the argument that it is unethical to enter a romantic/sexual relationship with someone whose understanding of the world is soooo much simpler than yours; there's a power dynamic, and a person is being taken advantage of. I would make the same case for Robin forming an S-Support with Emmeryn -- the latter is mentally-handicapped to the point that she can barely understand basic human interactions, and the former is formulating complex battle strategies that have huge effects on the world as they know it. Befriending is fine, but romantic and sexual relationships come with stronger implications of mental/emotional/physical/spiritual equality. I suppose it's tough to measure....er, spiritual equality, for example, but I suppose it's on a continuum, and you know it when you see/feel it. Intuitively-speaking, Nowi S-Support relationships just rub many people the wrong way (myself included), and even though she's descibed as being over a thousand years old, an unspoken ethical boundary still feels like it's been crossed.

I don't understand why everyone thinks that Nowi is pedobait.

It's because that's the default conclusion of a person that doesn't look at the issue very closely. I like to point people at N.O.W.I.'s support conversations with Gregor, any time that someone calls her "immature". She knows what the score is, and the language barrier between them helps that along a bit.

Just because someone hasn't had their playfulness beaten out of them yet, doesn't make them a child.

It's because that's the default conclusion of a person that doesn't look at the issue very closely. I like to point people at N.O.W.I.'s support conversations with Gregor, any time that someone calls her "immature". She knows what the score is, and the language barrier between them helps that along a bit.

Just because someone hasn't had their playfulness beaten out of them yet, doesn't make them a child.

This post is a provacation, dissmissing someone's opinion simply because you think it's "the default conclusion of a person that doesn't look at the issue very closely" is arrogance. You're flame bating. We're also getting off topic, this would be better discussed in a different thread.

This post is a provacation, dissmissing someone's opinion simply because you think it's "the default conclusion of a person that doesn't look at the issue very closely" is arrogance.

Or as I like to call it, the uncomfortable truth. There are people with principled and thoughtful objections to N.O.W.I., but I haven't seen many of those unicorns over the life of the game thus far.

We're also getting off topic, this would be better discussed in a different thread.

It's been done to death; search the forum, you'll probably be able to find someone complaining about her boots in less than 20 seconds.

What measure is maturity? Can you quantify it?

Nope. I can notice if it's too lacking for my tastes, though.

It's because that's the default conclusion of a person that doesn't look at the issue very closely.

I've looked at it closely enough to determine that it's a gray area at best. Want to convince me otherwise? That's cool, I'll listen and maybe agree with you, but I'm not getting into another argument.

Nope. I can notice if it's too lacking for my tastes, though.

Which is basically the only really defensible position that you can take: the very personal reaction of "it makes me feel icky". The world would be a better place if people just left it at that.

I've looked at it closely enough to determine that it's a gray area at best. Want to convince me otherwise? That's cool, I'll listen and maybe agree with you, but I'm not getting into another argument.

You already know the answer to this: I'm not in the business of convincing people of things as one of my life goals. Besides, I'd feeling guilty about taking time away from the guide. This isn't even a fresh angle on the topic, it's a horse long turned into glue. No nutritional content.

Edited by Interceptor

Isn't it Nowi's character design that's the main issue with her? Of course, I haven't looked at the issue very closely, so maybe she's actually dressed conservatively.