Pairings you wish couldn't happen but do

Logience

It's the first thing people notice, definitely. The only other common complaints I've seen about her are being able to marry despite looking and acting like a child, and the whole "forcing people into marriage" thing. But Nah does both of the latter and all she gets is flak for having a bad support with Inigo, so the costume probably has a lot to do with it.

Personally I just reclass her to Wyvern once she doesn't need the Dragonstone anymore.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it Nowi's character design that's the main issue with her? Of course, I haven't looked at the issue very closely, so maybe she's actually dressed conservatively.

She is not dressed conservatively; basically she's wearing a bathing suit, gloves, thigh-high boots and a cape. There's also a belt that doesn't seem to serve any particular purpose, plus copious hearts and bows. Here.

The "issue" with N.O.W.I. is basically surface-level stuff like that. Digging into her supports show that she's not really as silly or naive as she might seem. It's an act.

Edited by Interceptor

Or as I like to call it, the uncomfortable truth. There are people with principled and thoughtful objections to N.O.W.I., but I haven't seen many of those unicorns over the life of the game thus far.

This is what i'm getting at. I wasn't talking about your opinion, just the way you presented it. I've seen some of you're other posts, they are very well written, well researched, and well thought out. I love a good debate as much as the next guy, but you're stating your opinions as though they were fact and doing so in a very rude way. You made an arrogant statement, I called you out on it, you responded with this ^.

"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2.

I have nothing more to say. Have a good night, i'll pray for you.

I decided to take Interceptor's advice and actually READ Nowi. . .and I'm impressed. She realizes that everyone around her will die long before she does, for one. Honestly, she can keep her S supports. The only ones I'd like gone (or at least, rewritten) are those Cordelia supports where she doesn't let go of Chrom. If she's going to commit her life to another man, it had best be a full commitment!

This is what i'm getting at. I wasn't talking about your opinion, just the way you presented it. I've seen some of you're other posts, they are very well written, well researched, and well thought out. I love a good debate as much as the next guy, but you're stating your opinions as though they were fact and doing so in a very rude way. You made an arrogant statement, I called you out on it, you responded with this ^.

I basically don't care what people think about my attitude; it's an uninteresting topic to me. Get in line, take a number, join the Interceptor-is-a-Meanie Club, sign up for the newsletter, but please spare me the sermon. This thread barely got to Page 2 before someone pulled the pin on the PedoGrenade and rolled it into the center of the room, so I'm not about to start being pleasant or magnanimous towards anyone who holds a lousy opinion that's predicated on ignorance.

"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2.

"Did a guy named 'Buttocksinator' really just quote Scripture at me unironically?" -Interceptor, just now.

Unfortunately, when it comes to this particular issue, surface-level stuff does matter. It's an uncomfortable truth.

Sure, it definitely matters. I won't disparage people who have visceral reactions to N.O.W.I's appearance or mannerisms; it's weird and unnatural. I do have an issue with people who go beyond their personal feelings, though, and just start making shit up about her in-game personality; those support conversations belie the notion that N.O.W.I. doesn't have the wisdom of age.

Let's not even get into the topic of age of consent for manaketes...

I liken Nowi to Claudia from Anne Rice's works. Claudia is a child who Lestat turned into a vampire. Of course, vampires =/= manaketes, since Claudia wouldn't ever mature physically, but Claudia eventually grew to have a mental age well beyond most adults in the book. Nowi has 1000 years worth of experience, which is way more than Claudia achieved, she just prefers to act childlike, and she's not even THAT childlike to begin with apart from appearance.

Edited by Waifu Cordelia

Physical Age of the individual is a generally fair determination.

In the real world, sure. But there are also no Manaketes in real life so this isn't a kind of thing that has a general precedent.

It's just a copy of Joshua and Natasha's supports minus the body guard scenario.

It's not the bodyguard scenario that bothers me it's the way Lon'qu is a total jerk to Lissa and shows zero interest in being friends with her before they get married. Especially when Lon'qu saves Maribelle in their own A support and genuinely wants to be friends with maribelle and treats maribelle a lot nicer overall. I had high expectations considering how popular lon'qu/lissa is in the fandom and I feel really dissapointed by the lack of meaningful interaction between them.

In the real world, sure. But there are also no Manaketes in real life so this isn't a kind of thing that has a general precedent.

Eh, no precedent just means use close. Frankly, she's 1000 [Nah's about the same as the rest of the kids.]...

Donnel's like what? 11-13? Lissa's 14.

How they act and what they are kinda pointless endeavors to deal with.

And at least Nowi's situation is better than Wrathion's. (She's 1000, looks young, acts young but shows great wisdom)

And people are much more open about shipping Wrathion around. (and no one is weirded out by it, unless it's you're being weirded out by Wrathion/Anduin [which is ALWAYS bound to open a can of worms])

[Of course, WoW has better (more rational, intelligent) nerds than FE almost as a rule. (And yes, I know full well of the morons that exist in the bowels of LFR and /2. The statement stands.)]

(FYI: Wrathion looks about ~13, IS 2, is also a Dragon [and WoW dragons aren't any real different from Manakete]... and I repeat he's two [Wrathion yells: TWO IN DRAGON YEARS!] ...He acts older though. But is pretty damn immature.)

*(Note: I sincerely hope, Wrathion is never canonically shipped with anyone. Blizzard can't into romance.)