Will there be a sequel to Fire Emblem : Awakening ?

Hopefully not but probably yes.

Awakening is the Final Fantasy 13 of the series. I beet we'll be getting For Emblem Awakening 2 Lucina Returns or some shit.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awakening is the Final Fantasy 13 of the series. I beet we'll be getting For Emblem Awakening 2 Lucina Returns or some sit.

I'm already in shock.

There is literally NOTHING to this continuity! Just a bunch of anime stereotypes that care for nothing but angsting and sex! Just like you average bad fanfic! Almost every scene is cringe-inducing, almost every support proving Sturgeon's Law, every fanfic making me want to slit my wrists to distract me from the mental pain!

I think a side story (eg the alternate reality where everyone dies), or a prequel are more likely, but I'd rather a new game, unless Elibe or jugdral remakes are in the works...

Awakening is the Final Fantasy 13 of the series. I beet we'll be getting For Emblem Awakening 2 Lucina Returns or some shit.

god please don't say that, that game would be terrible considering as the newest final fantasy is called lightning returns which sucks as lucina returns starts with a girls name beginning with l like that.

I find this way more amusing than I should, given FE13 and FF13.

I did enjoy Awakening a lot and it has massive replay value for supports if nothing else, typical story concerns aside, but I honestly think that the game was wrapped up as nicely as it could be. I hope the next game retains some of its features, but I'm really not hoping for a sequel, yeah.

yeah the whole ff13 and fe13 is pretty funny, if a new sequel is as bad ff13 I'm saying goodbye to fire emblem

I'm dying. Thanks Jack.

Edited by Irysa

perhaps a remake of sorts of the Elibe games (first Mystery of the Emblem-esque, maybe? FE7 as Book 1 and FE6 as book 2?),

I have wanted that for so long now. A generations thing could actually make some of the FE6 characters a lot better.

thinking of an hd remake of fe 7 makes me wonder , when the hell will square enix make a remaster of ff7.

thinking of an hd remake of fe 7 makes me wonder , when the hell will square enix make a remaster of ff7.

I doubt they will, fans would probably get really angry if they implemented too many changes. Not that I'm an expert on Final Fantasy, as I've barely played, but with a fanbase that huge they're probably going to play it safe and just do like anniversary re-releases with touched up audio and visuals or something, if anything at all.

meanwhile they release twewy 1.95 remix for linux os

More on topic, I suppose if they tried really hard they could also shoot for the generations thing in FE13, but that would honestly be awkward as heck considering the children are the same age as their parents (thanks, time travel).

I think a Jugdral remake is more needed than an Elibe one. There are some aspects of Jugdral that make it a bit tedious like individual funds and I know I personally don't always have the patience to calculate battle damage numbers and etc. Plus Genealogy's generation system is just asking for a re-"awakening". Plus a lot of non-Japanese FE fans don't know anything about the SNES era other than Marth maybe had a game in it probably. My ideal situation would be a Genealogy/Thracia remake into one game, with Gaiden playable in the extras like how New Mystery had BS FE. Although I must admit Elibe would be super fun too, and you would be able to implement the marriage system onto the parents of the FE6 kids too, but I just think maybe Jugdral needs it more.

I doubt they will, fans would probably get really angry if they implemented too many changes. Not that I'm an expert on Final Fantasy, as I've barely played, but with a fanbase that huge they're probably going to play it safe and just do like anniversary re-releases with touched up audio and visuals or something, if anything at all.

meanwhile they release twewy 1.95 remix for linux os

More on topic, I suppose if they tried really hard they could also shoot for the generations thing in FE13, but that would honestly be awkward as heck considering the children are the same age as their parents (thanks, time travel).

yeah the whole parent child close age range thing is pretty creepy if they made a pairing system for them.

I think a Jugdral remake is more needed than an Elibe one. There are some aspects of Jugdral that make it a bit tedious like individual funds and I know I personally don't always have the patience to calculate battle damage numbers and etc. Plus Genealogy's generation system is just asking for a re-"awakening". Plus a lot of non-Japanese FE fans don't know anything about the SNES era other than Marth maybe had a game in it probably. My ideal situation would be a Genealogy/Thracia remake into one game, with Gaiden playable in the extras like how New Mystery had BS FE. Although I must admit Elibe would be super fun too, and you would be able to implement the marriage system onto the parents of the FE6 kids too, but I just think maybe Jugdral needs it more.

I agree Jugdral needs it more; Elibe certainly has a lot more visibility internationally with a Western release under its belt and Roy in one of the Smash Bros. games, and the GBA engine -- while old -- is certainly fine for what it accomplishes. Its mechanics could still enjoy an overhaul, but as a much older game with adequately reflected aspects of play FE4/5 would definitely benefit from it the most.

Jugdral remakes could also be a smart move since the original has the most similarity to what I assume was one of the more popular aspects of Awakening (the marriage and children) without the one I see dissed most commonly (the time travel).

Business-wise, I don't think it's a smart move for IS to attempt a remake at this point since they've just brought new life back to the franchise, but down the road when the series is bolstered a little higher I would really hope they would consider remaking the older games with some of the popular new mechanics.

grrr. I need a remake of fe6 and fe7

>implying FE11 and 12 don't exist

Edited by Logience

It seems their main activity relating to the old FFs at the moment is getting them up on Steam, 7 appeared about a year ago and now 8 and 3 are there as well. They've also got a pretty consistent release schedule, so I wouldn't expect anything else until they're done with that.

And of course, having 7 on Steam kind of defeats the purpose of a remake/remaster. It's already playable on current gen hardware, the only point of one now would be graphics...

It seems their main activity relating to the old FFs at the moment is getting them up on Steam, 7 appeared about a year ago and now 8 and 3 are there as well.

Wait, wait, wait, there are Fire Emblem games on steam :o brb, buying them.

Nooooooo, epic fail on my part. But I might look into FF7 ...

Uhm, on topic? I don't feel like Ylisse would be a good place to have another story The countries just have no real profile. For all we know they have little cultural differences. Similar to Magvel (even though I love that game the most). And I'm tired of remakes.

As much as I like Awakening, I don't want a sequel. Like someone else said, while FE4 and FE5 needs a remake, it might not be a smart business decision. I want something new but I'll take what I can get.